• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Release Date Scav-enger Hunt

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So I know you poor would-be (will-be!) Brawlers are suffering from a lack of news. So, lets have a little Scav-enger Hunt.

You know all of those Release Date Rumors that Mic hates so much? I want to put them all in one place. There are a lot of retailers and rumor sites out there, so I can’t hope to get them all by myself. That’s where you all come in.

Post up every link and website you can find regarding Brawl’s release date. Articles where “Sakurai Sez,” Stores who have a release date to allow preordering, articles speculating on its release… the more unofficial, the better.

Retailers are a good place to start (Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop, Walmart). News sites might have interesting results (IGN, Gamespy, 1up…). Various gaming blogs probably have some rumors. And apparently, Game Informer recently penned Brawl’s release as June 1st. Any magazine, website or paper with a release date (March 25th, or 1/15/09, or Q4 2007) will do.

Depending on how much information we get, we can plot a fun little graph to keep track of how wrong everyone is.

Get hunting, and <a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94725">post your links here</a> along with the dates. Be sure to join in the discussion on the Boards.

S

smashfan#100000

I saw in walmart that its going to be released in 03/15/07

B

Brawl Fan

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat92300050001&amp;type=category&amp;parentCatID=false&amp;initialize=true&amp;_requestid=10722

Scroll down a little until you find Smash Brawl. Go Brawl!

E

Eric

thank you so much for finally updating this blog. rumors f***in rock!!! the CRAZIER THE BETTER!!!

oh and, until smash is released its all guitar hero for me.

S

Shadow

I really don’t care if they are fake. If EB will accept my pre-order then I’m putting it up. No point in taking the chance. Waiting 10 months or so is nothing if I’m guaranteed to get it.

X

XperimnT

Retailers will agree to hold on to your copy for 48 hours after the release of the game. After that, the next needy customer that comes it to buy Brawl, will get the one that you preordered.
Your money will still be good, but if you dont get to the store in time, you will be the one to end up waiting.

P

prisoner_of_love

“Retailers will agree to hold on to your copy for 48 hours after the release of the game. After that, the next needy customer that comes it to buy Brawl, will get the one that you preordered.
Your money will still be good, but if you dont get to the store in time, you will be the one to end up waiting. ”

Which is one more of the many good reasons to have a car and driver’s licence. ;)

Eric, don’t you mean Guitar Hero 2? Or are you an X-Box kind of guy? I ask because I thought X-Box only had 1 while PS2 had 2.

I pre-ordered my copy of Brawl last year in April, which pretty much garuntees that as long as I can get to the store the day it is released, I will get it. Seeing how I can drive, this should not be a problem. I’m gonna have a field day telling people waiting outside that I’m not selling. Hehe.

P

prisoner_of_love

But to be on topic, Gamestop(EBGames) has the release date for Metroid Prime 3 and Brawl as 6.1.07 last time I checked.

T

TomKait

Game Informer has a review on SSBB and they say it cums out on June 1st.
My d!ck is hard8=D

B

Brawl Fan

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&amp;Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&amp;Ntt=Super+Smash+Bros.+Brawl&amp;N=138&amp;find.x=44&amp;find.y=7
I am mad at this release date, I like Best Buy and Wal-Mart’s release date better

T

TomKait

Bowser will not be in Super Smash Brothers Brawl :-( P.S. My d!ck is still hard 8===D

T

TomKait

smash brothers need to get their act together and get this damn game out… P.S.S My d!ck is still very very hard 8===========DE=——

S

smashfan#100000

cool for you man

8=======================================D but you don’t have a chance with me mwuahahaa

S

smashfan#100000

these game is sooooo exiting…..don’t you think TomKait?

S

smashfan#100000

(sorry I was thinking in other stuff) *this is so exiting……

anyway, hey! people who does’nt get erection by a game tell me who is better:

pit or metaknight

L

linkmucho

checkout best buy they have the REAl release date ……………………………………….

T

TomKait

pit would wreck metaknight

8==================D

p.s. mines like and elephants trunk(a very big elephant)

falcojr

Smash Rookie
http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinvasion/show/#1330596_smash_bros_brawl/profile look the release date’s at the left side but it seems kinda accurate

Top Bottom