• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regular Tournament Results and Shoutouts

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Regular Tournament
San Antonio TX
September 27 2014

First of all, a HUGE shoutout to all the San Antonio players that showed up to support the tournament!
We had almost double what we were planning for with 55 entrants for singles and 12 teams for doubles!
Thanks for coming over and showing you love and support for the San Antonio Smash Community.
Another shoutout to the two players from Austin TX, and one from Mexico that we had support San Antonio Smash.
You guys rock!!
And finally, after endless babbling, THE RESULTS THREAD:

Melee Singles (55 Entrants) Bracket Image

1: AR ($151.25) :peachmelee::marthmelee:
2: Phrases Levitate ($82.50):foxmelee::marthmelee:
3: Hungry Hippo ($27.50):falconmelee:
4: King ($13.75):marthmelee:
5: PK-Thunder:falcomelee::foxmelee:
5: Zhea:falcomelee:
7: UA | King Mosquito:peachmelee:
7: Blockhead:foxmelee:
9: Fun Crazy Fish:pichumelee:
9: Xilo Pryce:foxmelee::marthmelee:
9: ForkGirl:sheikmelee::peachmelee:
9: Whiteout:falconmelee:
13: Curse of Stars:roymelee:
13: Hitbox:sheikmelee:
13: Juice Box:falcomelee:
13: Chip:marthmelee:
17: F00
17: Merk
17: Rasha
17: Roy
17: Loom
17: Snow
17: Viero
17: Case
25: Dan the Man
25: JP
25: Teemo
25: Roshi
25: Papi
25: Bagel Warrior Juarez
25: BOOR
25: Vicadin and Eggs
33: J$
33: AJAX
33: Q
33: Burger Buns
33: Snowy
33: KYOP
33: Don
33: DG
33: Megabus Neckbeard Slayer
33: Canondorf
33: Squat
33: Froto
33: Prime 127
33: Splanders
33: Eren Jaeger
33: Trombone
49: Jess
49: DM07
49: Torris
49: Zen
49: Eli
49: Ronaldo
49: Elbows

Melee Doubles (12 Entrants) Bracket Image

1: God Is Great (King + AR)
2: Cute Buddies (Frisbie + Hungry Hippo)
3: Ultrablock (Kyle + Blockhead)
4: Mango Wife HBox (J$ + Snowy)
5: Royshi (Roy + Roshi)
5: Pure Evil (F00 + Bagel Warrior)
7: Trombone + Hitbox (Trombone + Hitbox)
7: JPG (JP + DG)
9: Luke I am your father (Chip + Okay)
9: Juice Pop (Juice Box + Papi)
9: Trill Ass ****** (Squat + Megabus Neckbeard Slayer)
9: You were Expecting a team, but it was me Dio! (Zhea + Xilo Pryce)

WE GOT OURSELVES A SEQUEL!!!!!!
Regular Tournament 2!
http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...ee-san-antonio-monthly-san-antonio-tx.370260/

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Time for some shoutouts:

AR: I had decided 5 second before our match that I was just going to forfeit the match and go straight to losers. I'm kinda glad I didn't, cause otherwise I wouldn't have landed that super sweet Shine-bair out of shield to take that stock game 2. GGs.

Phrases Levitate: dood. srsly dood. First of all, I think that nobody expected to see you there. and on top of you showing up to help run the tourney, entering to ultimately get second, and 4 stocking me game 1 (you played exactly like mike did) it was fun seeing you. we were supposed to get some friendlies in before you left, though. stupid adult responsibilities.

Hungry Hippo: you're such a scrub. how are you gonna beat the top 5 in texas and you can't even beat the next 50? such a scrub.

King: lol. you got paid. I wish I had gotten paid. I was actually looking for you so that we could play some friendlies before we all headed out.

PK-Thunder: Look here mister, you said we were just gonna show up, play friendlies and help run the tournament. We did NOT agree on us entering. and why did you even enter under your real tag? you should've entered as "tournament name" or "bye" or something generic like that. For real dude, go to sleep. what are you running at right now? 24 hours no sleep? you own fault for pulling an all-nighter playing smash with Gale and Kite. you promised us no shoutouts until you had gone to sleep and woken up again. stop it, it's unhealthy. GGs running the tourney though. It really made a lot of people's day.

Zhea: dude, we're tied for 5th. awesome. grats. you kinda missed out on a gou session.

King Mosquito: yes, I do blame you for the price of gas.

Blockhead: fun games jason. I always have fun playing you now. you've gotten a lot better. prolly still can't beat me in tourney though.

Fun Crazy Fish: Hi, did you play pichu the entire time? that's dope. madd dope. considering who top 8 was, the was super dope. good job.

Xilo Pryce: you would win a lot more if your fox didn't hate life so much. you just have to remind your fox that suicide is never the answer.

ForkGirl: You went peach. Why? I've always had a harder time with your sheik. always. I need the sheik practice anyway. fun games as usual. we're probably gonna end up playing at the next tournament anywas.

Whiteout: DAT FALCON YO!! so I had a teams MM and I was looking for you so that we could team, but you had already gone and left. it's whateves. see you next time we play pm.

Curse of Stars: CHRIS!! good to see you could make it! I didn't get the chance to even get a frieindly in with you. maybe next time.

Hitbox: we should do at least one friendly next time.

Juice Box: seriously. malevolent toast was an awesome smash tag. right up there with the likes of waffles, eggz, lambchops, porkchops, and gravy. sounds like either a crew battle or what I would have for breakfast, or maybe both.

Chip: not sure if i've met you. I can't let that happen again.

F00: thanks for being my teams partner for the MM. you even life tanked, didn't even lose a stock on that last game. it was pretty hype.

Merk: austin players galore. and by galore, I mean all two of you. thanks for showing up and showing your support for san antonio. I like how I rode with zhea to austin the week prior, and you rode with jose for this tourney. it shows dedication and interest for the boring old 13 year old game that we all love.

Roy: you got bodied. no ifs, ands, or buts. there were plenty of knees, though. lightning leg all over your falco's face. the "thunder" in my tag is there for a reason. GGs. it was fun. I want your falco to get really good.

Rasha, Loom, Snow, Viero, Dan the Man, JP, Teemo: I dunno if I met you guys either. I really need to step it up.

Case: that was a really lame pun that I made and I knew it. "your opponent caught a case." ugh, really? Thanks for letting me get away with it.

Roshi: I'm sorry that I had to leave just as you were hopping on the rotation. I get some friendlies next time for sure.

Papi: you were the kid that played sheik right? I won't say that you dash attack too much, but I will say that you weren't grabbing enough. I mostly shielded all of your dash attacks and up smashed you out of shield. your tech chases were solid, but you need to get more consistent with them. that's really all you need right now.

Bagel Warrior Juarez: Mexico in the building! that's kinda far. el paso tx, tyler tx, rgv tx, y'all slackin.

BOOR: I recognize your tag from the last pm tourney we had a forever ago. I didn't know you played melee too. cool.

Megabus Neckbeard Slayer: Zhea had mentioned that we were clones of each other, and after talking to you for about 30 seconds I realized why. We share the same childish hype. and neither of us have shame. I like it. More hype next time.

Squat: you did pretty good, you did pretty good. wasn't this your first melee tourney? that not too bad, seeing as to my knowledge you havn'e really practiced this game at all. it's not bad. I'll see you next time.

those lvl 9 ganons: there was soo much hype going on for your combos and you guys were unfased. it's almost like you were playing for 13 years or something.

Gale: shoutouts for not coming to this so that I could actually have a chance. another shoutout for the after party. was fun. I got to play you and tommy. speaking of whom:

Kite: you were so close to making a grand return. when we were playing, I heard you mutter to yourself "I need to get myself a new controller", only to catch yourself and say "no no no no no. I shouldn't do that, I'm retired."
thanks anyway. despite how rusty you are or how bad you think you are, I learned so much about spacing and that your rusty sheik can demolish me when you're trying. GGs.

to anyone I missed: my bad. I'm currently runnning on 25 hours without sleep cause I took me over an hour to type all this crap up. so, sorry.

Last edited:

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
AR- too good man! mm me next time. gotta try that fox one more time!
everyone else- lick my krobable

burgerbuns

Smash Rookie
NNID
burgerbuns
3DS FC
2509-1264-8532
First tourney ever, did ass but learned some good ****
as expected

Dan the Man

Smash Rookie
This was my first official tournament and had a great time and met some chill people, looking forward to next time

G. Ramsay

Smash Rookie
NNID
GomlRamsay
3DS FC
3196-4035-2070
I will definitely be working on my Sheik vs Fox matchup. I'll eventually get better at it, and hopefully not get 2-0'd for a third time in a row.

Top Bottom