• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regular Tournament 4 Results

Zhea

Smash Ace
Melee Singles
[event=full]3879[/event]

Smash 4 Singles
[event=full]3880[/event]

Melee Doubles
1: Stud Muffins
2: Fighting is magic
3: K Barry + Arc
4: Big Man's Couch
5: G town beatdown
5: Scrub City
7: Tuesday + Brian
7: Waifu & Sorry
9: Sheikachu
9: Dale Shine
9: shrek is drek

Thank you everyone who came!

Post Mortem
Things that went right
* The pot events finished and top 8 got paid
* We had plenty of melee setups
* We were able to stream a ton of melee matches
* We had a great turn out for both events
* Melee ran well for being a 64 man bracket

Things that went wrong
* Double booked with a birthday party. Not sure how that happened.
* Smash 4 Doubles never happened. By the time we got them it was 4 hour too late.
* Actual TO for Smash 4 ditched at the last minute
* Alt TO for Smash 4 left leaving Ward and Fun Crazy Fish in charge(who did a great job, but shouldn't have had to).
* The stream never got setup for Smash 4 despite the setup being available the entire time(Not Nocs. He just came down for melee). Apparently the Ultra Stream Channel was being taken for something else too.
* There was supposed to be extra tables and chairs and there wasn't.
* All the arcade setups weren't utilized for Smash 4. I don't know if this was for a lack of setups or no one was directed to set them up, but it was a cause of
* Melee started an hour late.
* I didn't have the venue opened early enough. In the past the 2 hours of prep time has been too much, but for turnouts this large 45 minutes would never be enough.
* Events needed to be spread out further if I want to try simultaneous events. We didn't stagger it enough and it really hurt smash 4's progress.

Finally while it's great that we had such a huge turn out, it was way to big to run both on the same day. These events will have to be separate in the future and since I'm not the TO for Smash 4 I don't know what that means for it at Ultra.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Can we also call the tournament the Rise of the Mario Mains? I thought Incendiary and me were the only Marios, but there were like six in all at this tournament.

Shoutouts:

LaN: I've been to a number of tournaments, but this is the first time I've managed to be so talkative. A lot of that was due to you breaking the ice for me. Thanks a lot, and hope to see you during the weeklies.

Incendiary: Best Mario in San Antonio? I think so. Good stuff getting fourth place. I'll try to decipher the ZSS match-up in my spare time.

Sylvieon: Solid Ganon. Taught me some stuff I should look out for. I think you'll go far with him now that you got some good experience.

Paw: Your ZSS is strong. I'm happy I got to see you and Incendiary duke it out. It gave some much needed perspective. Thanks for handling my newbie tendencies.

Gaarc: Some much needed perspective on the Lil'Mac MU. I'll have to buckle down on that one.

I know there are others I'm forgetting about. It's the first tourney where I wasn't just sitting like a statue and waiting for my next match. Thanks to everyone for making this an enjoyable experience and GGs to everyone. I'll be hitting top 8 next time.

Dan the Man

Smash Rookie
For my first smash 4 tournament me and my Ganon made it much further than I expected, had a lot of fun! Can't wait for the next one.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
* Actual TO for Smash 4 ditched at the last minute
fkjaskdlajkldskjfklajfskl

Everyone at Beros' house on Friday called the **** out of this when Nike told us who'd be in charge. YES. WE WIN.

Finally while it's great that we had such a huge turn out, it was way to big to run both on the same day. These events will have to be separate in the future and since I'm not the TO for Smash 4 I don't know what that means for it at Ultra.
It means long live based Ooples. :applejack:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I played like complete **** at this. I was beat fair and square though. Whats killing me is my nervousness around huge crowds. -.-

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Ggs to everyone I played. Especially dem 151 boyz I played in bracket ;)

I really enjoyed our games @megaFoX. I knew my first time playing you on the wiiu would be intense, but those games were faster than I thought they would be. Good stuff.

Sorry if I was short with anyone, I had a migraine and was close to throwing up a couple times. I puked my guts out on the way home. Thanks Zook :p

@Incendiary with the upsets! I didn't consider them really upsets because I've seen the potential your Mario has. Good job on 4th!

@ TehLamp TehLamp let me know when we need to take the curse off your controller lol.

Hopefully, there will be teams next time. I feel like this tourney was smoother than the first UA I went to which is good. More set ups definitely helped and I think once smash4 and melee have their own days then things will go better. Thanks to everyone who helped singles get through bracket.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
* All the arcade setups weren't utilized for Smash 4. I don't know if this was for a lack of setups or no one was directed to set them up, but it was a cause of
The setups were there, but the employees couldn't get them working, so they said **** it.

Top Bottom