• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

regicide

nomnomnom

Smash Cadet
After unlocking all the characters on my wii, I came home from school for a few days during spring break and I've been stuck without most of the unlocked characters and any competitive human opponents. So I've been playing a bunch of L9 comps and I've been getting a LOT of KOs with Dedede's suicide. For those of you that've been playing dedede competitively: has regicide been a big part of your game? Is it really that useful? It seems to me like it's just insanely good and I'm wondering if that's the lack of competition or not.

aeota

Smash Cadet
I never use it.. I find people break out way, way too much for it to even be considered. Rather, I use the move only to stop charges from Sonic, squirtle, etc.. and vs other fatties, it scores easy damage.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Oh yes, I have no idea what Aeota is talking about, Swallowcide is GOD. Ask anyone I play online, Feztizzio, Nicktendo, Foxhound, the Swallowcide is too good. Dedede falls very fast when he swallows someone. Only ONCE has someone even broken out of it, and they still died because they were too low. The Swallowcide is something I throw in late in the game, so they don't predict it coming (ever) and I use it when I'm a stock up, and they're at a much lower percent. If they jump out to edgehog me, they die, if they use a predictable recovery, they die.

In addition to Swallowcide, I use the swallow now and again. If they are using shield a lot, or I can tell where they're going to roll and I am still airborne.

aeota

Smash Cadet
Well, I've tried it dozens of times, I can't seem to find the trick everyone else has found. Exactly what is the strategy behind the move? I've tried it when they're already off the stage, when they're near the edge, from low damage, from high damage.. Nothing works. They always break out by button spamming before they die, and I spend the rest of my effort getting back on the stage instead of being able to attack them.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Just predict how they will recover, or how they will edgeguard you and suck them up. I have never seen anyone break out of it, and they try Try this, if you're hanging on the ledge and they want to get close and try to Dtilt you or whatever. Ledgehop suck, it will barely catch them and its unescapable.

Bottom line = Swallow owns.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
The important part is that you never regicide while on the ground. Do it while falling and you will not be disappointed.

S2026

Smash Rookie
I use it every chance I get. It's hysterical when I'm playing a friend for the first time and I get the win by walking off the edge looking like a dough ball.

aeota

Smash Cadet
The important part is that you never regicide while on the ground. Do it while falling and you will not be disappointed.
Well this has its uses too.. it stops jigglypuff's roll, yoshi's roll, both of sonic's rolls (FS, DS) and one of squirtles. Besides, on maps like the mario brother's one (Can't remember the name, it has blue floors. Its old school.) you can unescapably spit them into the side.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Is a "regicide" someone's attempt to rename a Swallowcide?

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
I was wondering when Timmy was going to speak up about the name... I've been wondering the same thing.

I concider myself a swallocide main. Heck, it's where I got my name from. There is nothing more Satisfying than KOing an opponent while you have 300% then as soon as they respawn you suck them up and jump off the edge. Then they scream that that was cheap and you just laugh (and if it's melee Kirby you say "Shut up you're playing Falco vs Kirby, a** face"). You can't, however, rely on it. You have to at least know how to mind game your opponent into a position to be swallocided. But that shouldn't be a problem because King DeDeDe is a beast, he: hits hard, has a chain throw, has projectile minions, his moves come out pretty quickly, he has god-like (although fairly predictable) recovery, AND a suicide move soo... yeah King DeDeDe is a beast.

CO18

Smash Hero
Its not like an official name or anything...... just something someone suggested and its fitting..

nomnomnom

Smash Cadet
I saw someone using regicide as a term somewhere on here and kinda liked it. Though regicide, technically, is killing a king, so... meh.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Well, at least now I know where it came from. Regicide sounds odd, but I don't really have a better name to give it.

Tizoad

Smash Rookie
Takes no skill, no I don't use it. If your up one stock and your opponent has only one stock, than I can see its uses. Otherwise its lame, and you would never catch me using it more than one. I also don't chain grab more than twice when playing people I know, unless they are really asking for some trouble.

Top Bottom