• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding online stage selection.

katonjutsu

Smash Cadet
How exactly does choosing the stages work? It always seem to be random for me. I used to think that the first person who chooses a stage, that's what it'll be, but my theory was wrong. D: Does it rotate in choice, or...?

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
You choose one and your opponent chooses one the computer chooses one of those two by random
Wow...that actually makes sense. Thank you for the info. What about rules? How does that work out?

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
The person who created the room descides all rues. The rules can be set by clicking on the area to the right of the number arrows (where text is embedded) on the top right of the character selection screen.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hm... strange. That seems true, sometimes. But I play multiple matches with someone, the rules tend to change. For example, I host a match. I turn off items. During the match, no items appear. However, in the next match, there are items. I'm assuming this is because my opponent has items turned on, and the rules switch to his favor?

alwinroth

Smash Cadet
yeah you choose one and everyone else chooses one... i think it also makes it so the stage selected the most gets the pick....

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much lets say this, if its a 1v1. One person chooses final destination, the other smashville, its a 50/50 chance. If there are 3 people who pick seperate stages u get a 1/3 chance of getting you stage unless 2 people pick the same stage then yours should automatically win. The items do occur if the other person has them on and you don't. It goes by random i'm guessing.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Okay, so everything is randomly chosen, then? Between two players, everything has a 50% chance of being chosen? So, for example, your rules may be chosen, but your opponent's stage is chosen. Or, your rules AND your stage is chosen. Or, your stage is chosen, but the opponent sets the rules, etc. All of this is possible?

Top Bottom