• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Regarding Melee/Smash 4 Drama

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Regarding Melee/Smash 4 "drama":

What is said in Twitch chat is not an issue. Twitch is a place to be anonymous and you can't control other people, so you're wasting your time complaining or thinking of ways to change Twitch chat.

For in-person issues:

Reminder: taunting, trash-talk, booing, etc. are all apart of professional sports. People boo teams(Melee is a team, Smash 64 is a team, Project M is a team, Brawl is a team, Smash 4 is a team) Reminder #2: Basketball was invented in 1891. So what can we safely assume based on this information? This kind of behavior isn't going anywhere.

So what are our options to make things better?

Well the most common remedy that is used by professional athletes and other FGCers users is:

Headphones.

The other option you have readily available is to grow up. If you're a teenager you have spent enough time in the "real world" to realize that when you're in a public place, unless someone is breaking the law, no-one is obligated make your life better. You better accept your surroundings or leave.

There are exceptions:

For example, I think 99% of us can agree that if and adult is talking **** to a young child, that is a problem that is addressed on the spot, not on Facebook or Smashboards.

The other exception I can think of is that if someone is saying something particularly personal and venom-filled. Then what do you do? Well that's an issue people have been dealing with since the first insult was slung, and spoiler: people are still doing it.

The moral of the story:

I'm not saying don't try to make changes or make a difference, If you think you can, prove me wrong but... what I am saying is remember you're wasting your time and energy. There are much more productive things you could be doing. Not only that, but also keep in mind you are irritating people like myself and turning them away from your cause.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Regarding Melee/Smash 4 "drama":

What is said in Twitch chat is not an issue. Twitch is a place to be anonymous and you can't control other people, so you're wasting your time complaining or thinking of ways to change Twitch chat.

For in-person issues:

Reminder: taunting, trash-talk, booing, etc. are all apart of professional sports. People boo teams(Melee is a team, Smash 64 is a team, Project M is a team, Brawl is a team, Smash 4 is a team) Reminder #2: Basketball was invented in 1891. So what can we safely assume based on this information? This kind of behavior isn't going anywhere.

So what are our options to make things better?

Well the most common remedy that is used by professional athletes and other FGCers users is:

Headphones.

The other option you have readily available is to grow up. If you're a teenager you have spent enough time in the "real world" to realize that when you're in a public place, unless someone is breaking the law, no-one is obligated make your life better. You better accept your surroundings or leave.

There are exceptions:

For example, I think 99% of us can agree that if and adult is talking **** to a young child, that is a problem that is addressed on the spot, not on Facebook or Smashboards.

The other exception I can think of is that if someone is saying something particularly personal and venom-filled. Then what do you do? Well that's an issue people have been dealing with since the first insult was slung, and spoiler: people are still doing it.

The moral of the story:

I'm not saying don't try to make changes or make a difference, If you think you can, prove me wrong but... what I am saying is remember you're wasting your time and energy. There are much more productive things you could be doing. Not only that, but also keep in mind you are irritating people like myself and turning them away from your cause.
TL;DR "I can do whatever I want because MUH FREEDOMS so suck it up, princess!"

Interesting observations.

RedEyesKirby

Smash Rookie
For in-person issues:

I have seen teams from other teams boo opposing players in bball, like cheering Mew2King and booing Zero. But I have never seen a group of bball fans go to a baseball stadium and chant "We want basketball! We want basketball!"

Your analogy is pretty off on this one.

BobVance

Smash Rookie
Who cares? Like, seriously, the fact that you guys make such a big deal out of some people trash talking this game or that says more about your thin skin than the "community."

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Can't we all just get along?
Resisting urge to make Starbombs reference.

Being polite wouldn't kill us, but if people wanna be *****, let them. I mean, the actual players are respectful towards each other.

Top Bottom