• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding GAW"s flag...

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
As many others out there use their x or y button to jump...I was wondering, how do you perform tilt up attacks? I can almost never do it because I just end up jumping...Is it just me, or do you disable up as jump, or some other movement?

Thanks, Ill be posting some of my play vids soon.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Go to options -> controls -> set controls -> turn the "tap jump" option off.

Tap jump = jump when you press up.

When it's off, you can hold up and press A and it will utilt.

Plus, since most jumps by pressing up are unintentional/can screw you, it's just best to leave it off (although I think certain characters take advantage of it being on).

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
oh god..... once i turn off tap jumping, my transformation from casual*** will be complete...sigh here goes, thanks for super fast reply

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There is a good reason not to turn off tap jump.

Up-b and U-smash out of shield.

It's a little less useful for G&W, but basically you should learn to be more gentle with the control stick.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
While I use Y and X for jumping, I also have L set to jump. So i can use my attacks and jumps at the same time

Top Bottom