• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding Ganon's Side B and Recovery

Wolx

Smash Rookie
Hello,

My name is Wolx, I'm an east coast dedicated Ganon main, played around with Cactuar, Pakman, and others on my campus, and I would add a few words about Ganon's recovery.

To confirm, Ganon's side B can in fact grab the ledge, and if someone would try to get in your way, they would go down with you for a ganoncide.

Another good fact to know about Ganon's side B is that if you would follow through the whole animation and falls off the ledge, Ganon WILL grab the ledge instead of falling to his doom. This does NOT work with any less of the animation, I did try it today.

If you want anymore facts, I will try to remember what I did with him today and I will have more info tomorrow, as well as a thread for ROB, DDD, Lucas, and whoever else I care for.

EDIT:
Tomorrow I will be trying out if you can side B out of Ganon's shield to have a better tech chase game, so if anyone wants me to try something new out with him, I will gladly try out anything.

Another note, the Warlock Punch is NOT a good recovery move, nothing like 64 Falcon <_<;;

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
What i've been pondering is, if you can use the Gerudo Dragon <side+B> after being knocked far, and still be able to Dark Dive <Up+B>, or does Gerudo Dragon do what I think it does and just make you fall to your death.
It would be neat, but, I seriously doubt it.

But I gotta know.

Has anyone seen a vid of Ganon plumeting to his death after doing a Side+B? (in brawl of course)

Wolx

Smash Rookie
I'll double check today, but I'm pretty sure you can't up B out of a side B for recovery, and I'm also pretty sure about him falling to his doom after the animation of side B. If I can find a vid, I'll post it asap.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Hello,

My name is Wolx, I'm an east coast dedicated Ganon main, played around with Cactuar, Pakman, and others on my campus, and I would add a few words about Ganon's recovery.

To confirm, Ganon's side B can in fact grab the ledge, and if someone would try to get in your way, they would go down with you for a ganoncide.

Another good fact to know about Ganon's side B is that if you would follow through the whole animation and falls off the ledge, Ganon WILL grab the ledge instead of falling to his doom. This does NOT work with any less of the animation, I did try it today.

If you want anymore facts, I will try to remember what I did with him today and I will have more info tomorrow, as well as a thread for ROB, DDD, Lucas, and whoever else I care for.

EDIT:
Tomorrow I will be trying out if you can side B out of Ganon's shield to have a better tech chase game, so if anyone wants me to try something new out with him, I will gladly try out anything.

Another note, the Warlock Punch is NOT a good recovery move, nothing like 64 Falcon <_<;;
Do you have Brawl? Are you from Japan?
Is it compatible with the computer???

Wolx

Smash Rookie
Do you have Brawl? Are you from Japan?
Is it compatible with the computer???
No, I don't own a copy, I said I was from the east coast, and my friend has a copy on a mod wii with just vs. mode on it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
2 questions for you: 1. Can Gdorf Up B after doing the side B? 2. And can he do the side B in the air multiple times?

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Suicide is a more sure death for the enemy than m-smashing, you just die too.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Dosnt look like his side b can kill from what i have seen, i may be wrong though. Someone will have to try it

Top Bottom