• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding Ganon's Forward B

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Is it considered a grab? The starting animation is the same but when Ganon hits someone, he grabs the other character instead. So I'm wondering, can it be used against shields?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, I'd say it MAY be the same as Falcon's, but otherwise, it's like asking if Bowser's can go through shields.

In that case, or either one for that matter, ask gimpyfish.

saberhof

Smash Master
who cares!!, it looks f'ing sweet. it would be awesome to spam those in a match and embarrass your opponent =D

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Actually Ganondorf's over B is a spike/meteor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cNl0PljSB8
i hope so. it's hard to tell from that video, though. especially since it has a different property in midair.

speaking of which, i wonder if it can be used in the air now without disabling you? if so, it could be used for recovery instead of the Wizard's Foot, which goes straight down now. anyone seen any evidence either way?

Irow

Smash Ace
With another forward b. I don't think Ganondorf's forward b is that short, and I think it would work well. It's not like they could shield it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I reallylike his new side b, it seems great for chasing, and it looks to awesome, I do wonder what it does in the air, does it send it downwards ala melee, or does he grab the characters and THEN send him downward?...

Magus420

Smash Master
With the time between where they hit the ground and would tech during the over-b and when you'd be able to act again to do another I would think they would complete the techroll by the time you can reach them with the 2nd over-b.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
i think the over-b would also be useful if items were in, especially concerning smash balls. grab em, drop em, leave em, and go get your glory.

Irow

Smash Ace
Perhaps the techroll would be complete, but if you're opponent didn't think fast enough; he would still get hit.If he tried to shield it'd be useless.

Magus420

Smash Master
So it's been confirmed to be a grab? That's pretty nice. Still though, you'd only fool someone once with it then they'd just techroll away -> buffer roll away (if it's even necessary).

This is all assuming you can tech it in the first place though.

Irow

Smash Ace
I haven't even seen anyone tech it, I just assume you can. If they don't tech you can get another one for free, or you can fair him. His forward B seems much more viable as a move now, especially since you don't fall from it.

And yes, it's been confirmed as a grab.

Magus420

Smash Master
Hmm. Someone should test if you can over-b out of shield now. You can f/d-smash in addition to u-smash out of it now so it could be possible. With the reduced lag and it being a grab that could be a really nice technique.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Someone should test if you can over-b out of shield now. You can f/d-smash in addition to u-smash out of it now so it could be possible. With the reduced lag and it being a grab that could be a really nice technique.
Oh god please let this be true...

EvilGenki

Smash Rookie
I'm curious about the priority of this move. Towards the end of the vs. Bowser vid a few posts above, he seems to be able to grab Bowser out of his charged down smash?

Concerning the sideB's properties in the air, the hearsay is that he grabs the opponent and then brings them down to the earth with a slam, and this can potentially be used as a 1-for-1 suicide throw. If anyone has tried/seen this, is it known in what order the characters die when an opponent is suicided by the sideB? For Bowser's suicide sideB it was shown that they die simultaneously, resulting in sudden death if both combatants were down to their last stock.

Top Bottom