• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reflector

KillamEXE

Smash Rookie
I've been looking around a bit and I didn't see any posts about this yet, so I decided I'd see what you all thought. I main Lucas, so I changed my C-Stick to the B-Stick for easier AT Moves. I was using Fox to clear Boss Battles on Intense at home as he was my main in Melee. When I tapped down on the C-Stick to use my dsmash, I used my Reflector. I noticed that it was a bit faster than using Down + B... I tested it out a bit at school and noticed that it was quite useful in battles when I wanted to Chain Shine them.
I posted this in the Fox forums, and somebody asked about Wolf, so I tried that too, and Wolf can do it, too.
I find that it works faster due to using Down + B making your character crouch, which slows down the reaction time of your reflector if you don't tap them on just the right frame. Of course, if you just kept tapping down instead of holding it down, you could get about the same effect. The problem with using the B-Stick to do it is if you let go of the B-Stick too fast, or if you continuously do it, it might make you jump. It might just be my controller, though. It's been a bit messed up recently.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
I find that it works faster due to using Down + B making your character crouch, which slows down the reaction time of your reflector if you don't tap them on just the right frame.
are you saying crouching makes it faster or slower (assuming slower), and either way it doesn't affect it midair, so this doesn't help people's shine approach game :/

KillamEXE

Smash Rookie
It can easily affect midair, because if you use down + b you might go down a bit too far, compared to just tapping C-Down. And the C-Down is faster than the Down + B because of the lag frames.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I feel that a slightly quicker smash attack is much more valuable to wolf than a slightly quicker shine

Top Bottom