• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Reducing circle pad awkwardness?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I've been playing the demo on my 2ds to get a feel for whether I want the 3ds version or just wait for the wii u one. Kinda wanted to see if I could use it as a controller in tournaments just to blow people's minds ;) But the circle pad still feels wierd to me, like I lose control of link and mega man sometimes. Can anybody give me any pointers on how to adapt to it or is it a lost cause? Thanks :)

punkonjunk

Smash Cadet
NNID
punkonjunk
3DS FC
3480-2775-5641
Switch FC
Sw-7819-1079-8971
a small circle of sand paper glued into the circle pad has made my my 3ds amazing. It helped immensely with kid icarus, and is helping a ton with 3ds. buddy of mine touched it and immediately wanted to do it himself - it works great.

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I don't think you can do anything really, aside from adapting. The circle pad is no analog stick and can sometimes goof inputs, because of how limited it's gate is. If you're getting the Wii U version eventually I'd just stick with a Game Cube controller or possibly a Pro Controller. Using the circle pad in a competitive scene could wear it down really fast.

That being said I don't think it's a matter of waiting for either version. The 3DS title is loads of fun for it's own reasons and I'm sure the Wii U version will be too.

Top Bottom