• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reds Fans Unite In Our Darkest Hour!!!!!!

mario-man

Smash Lord
I am a die hard Cincinnati Reds fan!!!

Yeah yeah, I know they're struggling right now BUT IT'S ONLY CUZ OUR FREAKING BULLPEN CAN'T GET SIX OUTS WITHOUT GIVING UP FIVE RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, discuss their chances, flame Jerry Narron, Whatever you want to do. Discuss the Reds.

I think if the bullpen can do better (or get new pitchers altogether), then they have a pretty fair shot at the division. What do you guys think??

EDIT: Homer Bailey tomorrow night. YAYUHZ

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well I have one thing to say. Teams are supported by the defense, made by the offense, but they are defined by the bullpen. If they don't get some help they could give up their shot at the division. If they can overcome that, it's a different story altogether.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Well, they've been doing a little better recently, discounting yesterday's game of course.
The offense is pretty dogone good. The starters went through a slump, but it seems that, with the exception of Arroyo, they've come around too. In this division, if Arroyo can get back on track and the bullpen can do their job at least most of the time, then they can win the division.

How bout Homer the other night ehh. Pretty good for his debut. too wild yeah, but hey, he was VERY nervous.

EDIT: Homer Bailey again tommorow YAYUHZ!!!

If we win tommorow, hey, 4 of 6 against first place AL teams, not too bad.

EDIT: Homer got ripped off by the bullpen. He didn't deserve those two extra runs but they were charged to him. Oh well, he still pitched well, that's why ERA is an overrated stat.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Sorry about the double post.

Update: I don't know who is reading this that is actually within range of 700 WLW, but on sportstalk, Alan Cutler suggested this: Dunn and Griffey are on fire right now, so the Reds need to trade them as well as Kyle Lohse and Scott Hatteberg for young pitchers that are "studly" and throw "cheese" (heat). Of course they'd have to be studs in order for it to be worth giving up Griffey. He also suggested that we should bring up Joey Votto and possibly Livingston and Dumatrait. What do you guys think??

mario-man

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHA. Losers!!!!
The Cardinals suck dirt. At least the Reds are really good except the bullpen.
Reds, 2008 World Series Champions
The End

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The Reds at least have a future. Cardinals are jsut straight up garbage. Try and argue me on that point. Give the Reds a decent pitcher or two and you have a championship team.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Absolutely!!!

You speak the truth young grasshoppa.

With Josh Hamilton on the rise to stardom (believe you me, he WILL be a star), Joey Votto on the horizon, E squared (that's Encarnacion) having a good year, Gonzales having found his offensive capabilities, Brandon Phillips well it's Brandon Phillips after all, Homer Bailey is DOMINATING, Harang is having a wonderful year, and Joe Girardi is on the market, the '08 season looks to be promising. After last night's game, it appears that Arroyo WAS struggling because he was focusing too much on the singing, because he did much better than previous starts after canceling his up-coming concert. Lohse NEEDS TO GO!!!! He is not consistent AT ALL!!!!!!! If he could make pitches with people in scoring position, then he'd be fine, but it seems that he can't. Belisle is ok but we do have two VERY good starters in Louisville (spelling??) and hopefully they'll make the club from spring training (sooner would be nice).

All said, it's not really "The Cincinnati Reds". It's more like "The Cincinnati Reds and their Pretty Bad Pitching Staff". LoL

With all this hype about Griffey going back to play for Seattle to close his career, here's a good trade:Griffey for this guy called G. Sherril. Here's his stats:

Record: 2-0
ERA: 1.57
# Games: 31
Innings Pitched: 23.0
Hits Given Up: 13
Runs Allowed: 4
Earned Runs Allowed: 4
HRs Allowed: 1
Hit Batters: 0
Walks: 3
Strikeouts: 25

Not too bad ehh.........

mario-man

Smash Lord
Double post again. Sorry.

Well, they finally did it. Jerry Narron got the boot to his backside.
And hey, since then the Reds are 5-1 with a sweep. How about that. During the All-Star break, I would not be very surprised to see some moves made. Who do you guys think they should go after??

COME ON GUYS!!!! I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!!! DON'T BE AFRAID TO STAND WITH YOUR TEAM!!! Let's get some coversation going here.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
I'm a huge Dodgers fan and a huge MLB junkie. The Reds will manage to get back to sea level eventually. What's up with Bronson this year? The guy was light's out in '06 but now he seems to be lost.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm a huge Dodgers fan and a huge MLB junkie. The Reds will manage to get back to sea level eventually. What's up with Bronson this year? The guy was light's out in '06 but now he seems to be lost.
Not anymore. If you've noticed recently his numbers.....
He was apparently doing poorly because he was focusing too much on his singing, and forgot about the fact that he was a pitcher. They told him to cancel his concert a few weeks ago, and since then he's been the same ol' Bronson. Thank goodness for that. We'd have had no shot at all without him.

Ate Track

Smash Cadet
he was a one hit wonder.. that's why the sox traded him.

and they got a real winner wily mo in return.

what's really big is that the tigers just swept the red sox which now begs the question.. who's the best team in the league? the red sox, the tigers, or the angels?

mario-man

Smash Lord
Go start your own thread KevinM. LoL

Dude atetrack, read my post then go to reds.com and look up his RECENT stats. He's done outstanding recently.

Ate Track

Smash Cadet
meh.. personally i still don't think he's a WOW pitcher.. and on most teams not even a top 3 option. he's great for the reds because the reds are chillin in the basement and have basically no shot of making the playoffs.

if not this year.. then over the winter, expect griffey to head back to the AL and DH. also he will move in front of willie mays on the home run list before he's all said and done.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I don't EXPECT that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, though I hope it doesn't.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
Hey, since you guys are total cellar-dwellers now, you think we can have Junior Griffey in exchange for Juan Pierre and a bag of Skittles?

mario-man

Smash Lord
Not total cellar dwellars. I do not believe at all that the Reds won't pass AT LEAST one team.
Anyways, naw you'd have to give us Jonathan Broxton. We've got outfielders aplenty, granted not Griffey, but still, we need pitching.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Well, let's not forget, Griffey is a 10/5 guy. That is, ten years in the big leagues, and five with one team. This means that he can reject any trades that he doesn't want. Keep your skittles. xD

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
Broxton is going to be one hell of a pitcher. I'd hate it if you guys got your hands on him like you did when that numbskull traded Paul Konerko for Jeff Shaw.

mario-man

Smash Lord
LoL we just spammed my thread then?? What?!?! xD

It wasn't spam as far as I'm concerned. LoL

Marissa

Smash Apprentice
I think it's one of those years where we Southern Ohio people need to start cheering for the Indians.
Personally, I think Griffey gets hurt too much to be useful. :D

mario-man

Smash Lord
Get off here you Indians fan. You're lying, you're never a Red's fan. You're a fan of that new team called the Fair Weathers.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ah ha ha **** Reds
Go Cardinals
2006 World Series Champions
The end
Quoted for the win. :chuckle:

Actually... I don't mind the Reds that much... I just TOTALLY despise of the Cubs... Sure, they might have a good team every now and then, but I can't STAND them. I hate their ballpark, manager, and every thing else about them. Almost a freakin' century without a title. Horrible and hilarious. As a very funny shirt that my brother owns says "At least our last title wasn't before man's first flight". XDD

So basically, I won't argue with you about the Reds, for they are pretty good. ^^ I'm just a somewhat big Cardinals fan.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone who has the best record in the National League...

Ah, that feels good. And a sweep of the Giants. Mmmmmmmmmm. It's like never-ending Chipotle.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Ahh, the sweetness of people starting their own threads...........especially when they're trying to implode someone else's.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
What was that? I can't hear you when you're down there in last place.

Haha jk, man. This has basically turned into the MLB thread anyway.

mario-man

Smash Lord
You just wait til we have some solid pitchers. You'll start wondering where we came from.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Quoted for the win. :chuckle:

Actually... I don't mind the Reds that much... I just TOTALLY despise of the Cubs... Sure, they might have a good team every now and then, but I can't STAND them. I hate their ballpark, manager, and every thing else about them. Almost a freakin' century without a title. Horrible and hilarious. As a very funny shirt that my brother owns says "At least our last title wasn't before man's first flight". XDD

So basically, I won't argue with you about the Reds, for they are pretty good. ^^ I'm just a somewhat big Cardinals fan.
Heh heh heh heh, I promised everyone I know that if the Cubs got a title, I would go from house to house crosscountry pooping on every driveway that has more than three cars.

Griffey's gettin' old. He's probably got 1 more year although I would like to see him inducted into the HOF.

mario-man

Smash Lord
This may sound ludacris, but I wouldn't count them out yet. (Reds that is)

Top Bottom