• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redoing Ganon's Beard

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Just wanted to ascertain a few things about the remaking of Ganon's beard.

For starters, is it unanimous that me recreating the thread is acceptable? Thus far, I've heard no objections, but I just want to solidify it.

If it is, I will be redoing the tier list as well. I will be ousting the inactive Ganons into the "honorable mentions" section (Zhouten, Ijosh, etc.) whilst adding in Ganons who've yet to be listed (Terodactyl Yelnats, Bahamut777, etc.)

I plan on fully incorporating the old Ganon's Beard into the new one, but simply adding new features, prettying it up a bit and keeping it active with introductions, tier list updates, and so on. As for the tier list, I'd like to make it so a handful of skilled Ganons dictate testing, so no one person monopolizes the tier list placings.

It is largely preferably that we gather testers from all different corners of the globe, as to mitigate the impact WiFi may have on the testing. Example: Verm tests for EC Canada and US, Zigma does Europe, Tero does WC Canada and US and one of our new DORF Aussie members can be Australian testers.

As for King of Evil... that's going to be a tricky spot to allocate. I think what we'll do is test everyone who wants to be tested first, then decide what to do from there. As for Ganons who don't play WiFi, they will be placed according to RECENT tournament placings and videos. After all this, we can have a poll to elect a new King of Evil. I say we give it another month for currently inactive Ganons to return so they don't miss out on the opportunity to take the spot.

The main reason I propose the rehaul of Ganon's beard is simply because the boards have stagnated for way too long. The board's activity has decreased due to threads left unamended and derelict. So, I believe that with a new, active ranking system among other threads, such as those provided by our very own Bahamut, Ganon boards will return to their former glory! >:U

So, sound good so far?

ItemfinderDeluxe

Smash Cadet
I see no objections to it. So long as information is spaced accordingly and people can find what they need to know it's all good. Do you have any plans for the format of the new Ganon's Beard? Info that should be put first or last, etc?

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I'm happy to see that Verm is into it! :D
I couldn't agree more. Let's stick with this.
Also, we could use the help of a mod to unpin the old topics and pin the new ones. :X

BTW, Verm, if you need some help with the thread formating, I could be of good use. Just tell me!
I'm always online on MSN and you can send me a PM.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
A approve of your enthusiasm, Verm.
My level of agreement to OP is at it's peak.
I will try to be of as much help as possible.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
At the very least, someone should put together a guide of everything we know by now.

We could call it

"How to never lose a stock to Ganon."

It'd be prestigious, if anything.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I have one and only demand:

Verm must post his philanthropy act in the first post!
It's the most epic thing even writen by a mortal.
...wait. Verm ain't a mortal.

Top Bottom