• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redesign Final Smash

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
For smash 4 i believe the only things they should do to balance out the usage of finals smashes is to require you to press and hold the B button and charge up your final smash after breaking open the ball. this way your still essentially being forced to chance the ball down but now instead of the activation being instant your required to get distance from your opponent(s) and charge it almost like a smash attack. I think this would still make using it feel natural while allowing other players to potentially knock the smash ball out of you and allow them to obtain it.

As for nerfing them, the only thing i'd say is reduce sonic's final smash from 18 seconds to either 15 or 12 seconds and allow opponents to shield when sonic rams into them this way he can still potentially hit if he breaks there shield and to also allow wario to receive damage like bowser and not be able to infinitely fly via aerial spam. The land masters should also have a tad bit more cooldown in between actions to allow opponents the time needed to potentially dodge it's attacks. The final smashes in brawl aren't overly outrageous just some don't give the opposition the time necessary to react.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Final Smashes should be based on something which we have seen in the character's series.
Like - Wario & Wario Man

I wouldn't mind if Mario, Luigi or Peach's FS were replaced with something more iconic like Starman powerup for Mario or the ghost FS for Luigi.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Why so much hate for smash balls?
They add balance to characters and make others better.
Ganondorf is the worst player but has the best Final Smash.
It all depends on how you use them.
Some characters don't have a 1 hit KO Final Smash but if you use it wisely you can get the kill.

Someone was complaining about DK's Final Smash, which is weak in the middle of the battlefield. But absolutely unreal when you use it when someone is trying to get back on the battlefield.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Peach's Final Smash is just so horrendous. I hardly feel like a kickass using it. LOL SLEEP.

Anyway, I really wish they try to do more research on bringing out best of each character. No justice can explain why Diddy or Pit get to use their Final Smashes that are incharacter to them or Ike just being given one, while R.O.B and Peach are left with some status-altering wierdness.

Also MIKE KIRBY.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Lol as if. Beast Ganon is just meh. The best FS in the game from my experience is Super Sonic.
Hardly. Super sonic and Landmaster are the best Final Smashes.

Beast Ganon can get 3 one hit KO's in one move and is a lot harder to dodge.
Super Sonic you need to work for it more, and it can be dodged with good timing.
I'll agree that Landmasters are probably the best. You can easily KO the same opponent twice. But say on Corneria, you hide down on the guns and the Landmaster can't get you. So it can be easy to avoid on certain stages.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
I think it shouldn't be a meter because I like nintendo being original and I think the smash ball should have a hit meter other than a damage meter because every time im against bowser he always gets more damage and wins.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I would like an option for a Transformation FS and a Regular FS.
Example, Link could have Fierce Deity as his transformation and Triforce Slash as his basic FS. Sonic could keep Super Sonic as his transformation, and have, say, the Sonic Tornado for his basic FS.
On the downside, however, some characters might not have a transformation. I can't really think of a good Lucario transformation, or a C. Falcon one...

creat0r

Smash Rookie
Final Smashes should be based on something which we have seen in the character's series.
Like - Wario & Wario Man

I wouldn't mind if Mario, Luigi or Peach's FS were replaced with something more iconic like Starman powerup for Mario or the ghost FS for Luigi.
Agreed, i mean, seriously, where in all of mario bros is there a "Negative Zone?". I mean, come on.

creat0r

Smash Rookie
Personally, im not entirely against a meter. But that will make SSB4 back into a stupid "Street Fighter" or sumo game.
I think it should pretty much remain as is, everyone gets a fairly equal chance to hit it. Maybe, when you get a smash ball, your meter starts filling up. If you lose it, your meter stops rising. The height of the meter decides the strength of the final smash.
Adds an interesting twist to the game.

creat0r

Smash Rookie
I see we all agree that final smash should be more balanced.
You think Mario's FS sucks compared to Sonic's ones? Look at Luigi's FS! What were they thinking??
Plus, IMHO, the smash balls should appear very late in the match, when things have gone very far. So even the players that have a big disvantage (like 150% versus 50% of damage) will kept fighting hard because they know they could get a twist from a final smash, and the players that are in vantage will not relax too much for the same reason.
exactly. HOW IS LUIGI'S FS SUPPOSED TO KILL!

Anyways, for balancing it. I dont think so. make some characters weaker, with stronger FS. and vice versa. I think the variety of FS needs to stay the same.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
again like i said just require the player to have to hold the b button down for like 3-5 seconds or so to charge their final smash the same way smash attacks have to be charged. This way stage control plays a key role as well as positioning yourself in a spot where you get enough time to charge and can net a KO. the charging process doesn't need to be shown through a meter.

as for balancing the moves themselves i had already posted that only minpr adjustments neeed to be made in order to give better balance to them. imo no one needs a new final smash. Peach's final smash isn't bad tbh as if used properly can turn a mtch in your favor.

ex. your down in % and your opponents attempting to time you out u can use her final smash to
a. put the opponent to sleep and attempt to hit them hopefully leading to you taking back the % lead or
b. you take the time to restore your own % in an attempt to regard the lead through recovering.
c. the zooming of the camera if used when your opponent is offstage can potentially mess up or throw off there timing for a recovery leading to either the sd'ing or being drawn into an unfavorable position.

other finals smashes as well can be applied in this manor not just peaches, in terms of having multiple uses besides the ones that appear most obvious.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually prefer the floating orb. I don't see any need for a combo meter or the final smash getting charged as you combo more. There are many other fighting games with similar things and I think the Smash games were fine without it.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Agreed, i mean, seriously, where in all of mario bros is there a "Negative Zone?". I mean, come on.
But I absolutely LOVE the Mario Finale, that Final Smash is pure style and that massive storm of flames is so damn fantastic to watch, especially when I get the three adversaries on the same move. I'm a fan of Mario Finale since the very first trailer of SSBBrawl back in 2006.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I wouldn't mind a meter if they were more balanced. There were just so many that could immediately get a kill as you got them.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Should make it so you can only get kills by using a Final Smash #PSASBR
It'd be fun as a side mode just to make fun of Sony but if that was the main mode for all the single player matches and/or the only mode I'd walk into every game store in town and physically Smash every single copy of Smash 4 I'd see.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
For smash 4 i believe the only things they should do to balance out the usage of finals smashes is to require you to press and hold the B button and charge up your final smash after breaking open the ball. this way your still essentially being forced to chance the ball down but now instead of the activation being instant your required to get distance from your opponent(s) and charge it almost like a smash attack. I think this would still make using it feel natural while allowing other players to potentially knock the smash ball out of you and allow them to obtain it.
This idea could be good but it sounds like it could make it even harder to use a final smash, which in my view is kind of the problem with the current final smash system.

What is good about PS all stars method, is that it depends on how much you actually want your final smash, and nothing else. If a person is playing SSB and really wants to do final smash, he can play game after game and never get it.
Another problem is the balance. In Brawl it's awfully lopsided, only 1 person gets the final smash, giving them a points advantage. In PS all-stars, technically everyone gets an equal amount, and if someone gets more, it's only because they earned it. Even if there is no final smash meter in SSB4, and instead everyone is guaranteed 1 free use of the final smash.... that might not be a good system, but at least there's no unfairness.

There's probably some ways that can be thought of to incorporate the smash ball, but still implement the above principles. For example, maybe there can be another way to get final smash, but the smash ball is an additional way.

Top Bottom