• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red (3D?) Screen on Startup? Melee 20XX error?

xSkyz

Smash Rookie
This recently just happened after a big Windows 10 update on Feb. 28-29? I have had 20XX running perfectly fine before and was playing netplay on melee. I did not change any settings before or after the windows update but now it doesn't work.

Everytime I start up 20XX, I get this red, 3D style, screen. It happens both on melee and 20XX.

Also, the game freezes whenever I try to start a match. I've messed around in the config and graphics settings but nothing has helped. When I use OpenGL, it fixes the red screen but I still can't start a match without the game freezing.

Here are screenshots of my settings, just in case there's something wrong here:

EDIT: I have updated to the latest dolphin emulator 4.0-9077 but all these settings are still the same below

20XX Properties:

Dolphin Graphics:

Dolphin Config:

Any suggestions/help would be awesome. Thanks

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Enabled then disable Anaglyph 3D under your Dolphin Graphics where it says, "Stereoscopy."

What you're seeing is that somehow Anaglyphic 3D was enabled.

Last edited:

xSkyz

Smash Rookie
Enabled then disable Anaglyph 3D under your Dolphin Graphics where it says, "Stereoscopy."

What you're seeing is that somehow Anaglyphic 3D was enabled.
THANK YOU. In my Nvidia Control panel, the stereoscopic setting got turned on somehow.

It fixed the red screen, but the game still freezes everytime I try to start a match. Any suggestions or just try a re-install of 20XX?

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
THANK YOU. In my Nvidia Control panel, the stereoscopic setting got turned on somehow.

It fixed the red screen, but the game still freezes everytime I try to start a match. Any suggestions or just try a re-install of 20XX?
Disable Cheats. 20XX and other pre-modded ISOs do not play well with Gecko codes.

Top Bottom