• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recruiting: help needed for professional-level FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Hi all,

I am creating a first-person shooter called Animus: Man vs. the Machine, and I need help.

The game's website will be up soon, so you'll have to pm me with questions about the game or whatever.

It is built using a combination of the Ageia PhysX engine, the OGRE graphics engine, and my code.

One exciting aspect of this game is that with the help of one of the professors in my department, this game will utilize eye tracking technology. Simply put, your character will look where you look.

The other exciting aspect of this is that, starting about February of 08, this game will be funded by either Microsoft, Nintendo, NCsoft, or BioWare.

As far as the actual content of the game, it boils down to Magicians versus Robots. The single player game will combine FPS and RPG elements, and also contain alot of buddhist-judeochristian philosophy.

I need help in the following areas:

Programming
Experience with c++ or a similar OOP language is an absolute must, preferrably in a game context.

Art
Everything from concept art, to (REALLY NEED HELP WITH) 3d modelling. We will be using 3dsMax, Maya, and ZBrush, so experience with those tools is a plus.

Math/Physics knowledge
Anyone who has specialized in Math or Physics, especially Linear Algebra and calculus is needed.

Writers
We are mostly covered in this area, but anyone with specific knowledge of Occult magick or nano-technology would really help. Also anyone who has written CHARACTER DRIVEN (not plot-driven) science fiction. If so, please include a short story or passage from work indicative of your style and skill.

Anyone else who thinks they can help, don't hesitate to respond.

If there is a call for me to write the story down, I will copy/paste from the website, but it is an inconvenience to do so right now.

PS. look up tobii eye trackers if you are interested in the eye tracking technology.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Did you actually contact Microsoft, Bioware, or NcSoft? Nintendo does not take unsolicited ideas, and I doubt Microsoft will either, due to the fact that it's extremely risky for companies to take ideas from anyone.

Also, don't post here. Go to game developing websites; it has tons of people who actually are in the industry doing this stuff daily.

Also, it seems you are the only one starting this project, which means it ends there. Game developers are not entry level positions; testing is. Unless you actually have a resume of completed games, examples, and other work you have done, don't expect it to go far at all. No one wants to dedicate the time required to make a game from scratch if you aren't experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom