• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Technique?

Chair

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've been looking around but I haven't seen this posted yet, so hopefully it's something new to think about :)

I was messing around on Wolf today, and I noticed that when I ledge-hop and use the reflector, Wolf will automatically grab right back onto the ledge (assuming I'm not holding the control stick down). The controls would be: (from hanging on the ledge) down, jump, down+b and he'll be right back to being on the ledge. This is pretty easy to do.

What's more is that I also realized that if I'm quick enough, I can immediately side-b after using the reflector and perform a ledge cancel! The controls would be: down, jump, down+b, side+b. This gives a very quick knockback and recovery against someone who's standing right on the edge.

I've only tried this on FD, but I don't see why this won't work wherever ledge cancelling works. Sorry if this is already common knowledge, but hopefully it's something new to add to the toolbox of techniques. ;)

Top Bottom