• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Issues

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
So my friend's an up and coming competitive Diddy main, and he's fairly new, so he doesn't know why his recovery sometimes "doesn't work" and sometimes does. Are there any limitations to his side b and up b moves that help shape a certain recovering strategy for Diddy? Thanks in advance.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
With up-b, you need to be careful about the angle you approach the ledge for a sweetspot. If you hit the ledge's wall at close to a 90 degree angle while the barrels are still on your back, the explosion will take priority every time. Keep in mind that these "explosive angles" are going to change depending on if the stage is walled or has angled battlefield ledges.

As for the side-b, if you do the kick during it you'll lose your ability to up-b until you touch the ground again (or maybe wallcling circumvents this? Will test.)

And finally, dont forget about wallclings and walljumps. Every time you cling the wall your double jump refreshes, and you can walljump at the peak of your extra DJ and then drift back towards the walls for additional clings/walljumps if necessary.

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Wallcling doesn't give upB back. It's the same as jumping after kicking out.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Awesome thanks a lot! That side b kick not allowing him to up b was probably his main issue, so that should satisfy the problem! Still trying to convince him to make a smashboards account, which is why I had to come here myself. :p

Top Bottom