• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering with Toad

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I don't see any Peaches do this and while it isn't significant, every bit helps.

When you're in the air, you can use Toad to maintain and slightly increase height, while moving forward slightly as well. You can only use it once though (it's like Marth's Side B), and following that you just drop.

Is it too impractical or insignificant for use?

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a good way to stall, like if your teammate dies or something. But as far as regular recovery, I never use it :X

Cia

das kwl
Toad can be useful if need to buy some more time in the air, but because because of toad's massive cooldown time, it's really unsafe to use if you're anywhere near the stage because your opponent will just run off and hit you.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I do this often. I usually do it when I'm knocked off far to gain momentum or below a stage. In fact I think I use it more this way than I do actually trying to use it against someone. It's also good for helping place you in the opposite direction while knocked off stage, sometimes I find a use for that *shrug*.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
i try to use it as a sheild while going onto stage and a way to stall and bait a whiffd attack. it works sometimes but a majority of the time i just get read or its slow enough for them to react to

Top Bottom