• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering With Ganon?

Kung Fu

Smash Rookie
Hi Everyone,

I've been playing Ganon for a while and I'm definitely getting the hang of it but I've been having one problem. That problem has been against Joker with Persona. On stage I'm fine but when I get off stage I either get spiked/meteored or hit where I'm then too far to be able to recover.

Are there any tips in recovering such as should I stay further away from the ledge when trying to recover, recover high, etc.?

Thanks for the help folks.

Last edited:

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Mac has a simillar issue, try using a quick aerial to ger him off you and save your jump is the best I can think of.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Up air can help you when the opponent attempts to gimp you. Up B is also an option, as it has huge grab range.

In order to avoid the spike, you need to recover higher. That could mean burning your double jump sooner, and then using side B, or using your up B earlier.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You want to play super defensively when Arsene is out. And with Joker himself you're screwed vs his Dair so you need to conserve jumps and throw out Uair/Nair to shoe him away. If you're lucky you can UpB him, but the bounce off kinda sucks for Ganondork.

It's the same way for everyone except Zelda, Link, Plantboi, etc. who can just harass you with hitboxes from the safety of the stage. Less so Zelda tho since, y'know, she's Zelda.

Saying "I was harassed to death by Zelda!" is like saying you lost to a lvl 3 CPU. :secretkpop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom