• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

recover...fail.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is happening when i use wolf's illusion to ledge snap and he just falls? Its not a terrible thing anymore as I've come to expect it sometimes but its just weird. On topic whats happening when I illusion and end up at the bottom of FD? Did I miss so hard that it wants rub it in my face cause theres been times that I know I didn't miss. At least thats what I tell myself that anyways.

gamadaya

Smash Rookie
Wolf seems to be the hardest character to get to ledge snap. It's almost like he took Melee's ledge catching system and used it in Brawl. I've got tons of problems with this too. Add that to the fact that his up b isn't as manuverable as Fox's, and you get a terrible edge game. I guess just don't try to cut it so close. But then you'll risk getting smashed off if you land on the stage. Yeah, this just seems like it's one of Wolf's weaknesses.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
Well its not a terrible thing like i said, in fact if i knew how to do it i would actually like to incorporate it in. I just have no idea how its done. Seems very random cause it looks like hes gettin ready to snap then he just goes up and falls. it happens so fast i cant even register what even possibly causes it. Distance, miss shot, or perhaps even a combination of the 2.

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
You can sweet spot the edge with Wolf's side-B (I'm pretty sure it's about the same spot as if you you would spike an enemy with it). You wont grab the edge but you regain all your moves again, and maybe your 2nd jump. With Wolf's up-B after you reach the peak or end of the move, you really don't have any momentum (this move can not be sweet spotted like Wolf's side-B), it's a bad recovery move IMO.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Its just something you have to come to expect every time you side+b a ledge.

DarkSeraph0

Smash Rookie
I have issues with maneuvering this thing on FD sometimes too. Seems like I die with wolf more by accident than any other character. XD
Gets pretty annoying when I know I could have won, but I screwed his up-b over and died. : /

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Ok to make him light step off the edge, basically u need to hit the ledge at your feet near the end of ur side B. Make sure its ur feet that hit or u'll grab the ledge, and has to be near the edge of the illusion. I've been able to do it on command a few times, and u jump immediatly after u hit and bair someone standing on the ledge. Its a decent technique for mixing things up, but if ur opponent sees it coming kiss ur wolf *** goodbye.

Top Bottom