• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recording Project M

D

Deleted member

I want to record/edit/upload my matches, but don't know exactly how to do so.
Is there a way to just save it on the Wii/SD card?
Do I need to buy stuff? (Dazzle or something?)
How expensive is it?

Sorry if this has been covered some in another thread...I couldn't find it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Pretty much what Royal said. You need to get yourself a recording device like the Dazzle, as well as some splitters, and male-to-male A/V cables so that you can have the Wii input to the TV and the computer. And on top of that, software to record the signal coming from the device.

It sounds complicated, but it's pretty easy and can be cheap.

D

Deleted member

What is "cheap"? Where should I buy this stuff? eBay?
Also, I saw something that said you can use a camera with a ATV-in along with splitter, and maybe that male-to-male thing. Is this possible? Or is Dazzle just the way to go?

Thanks to both of you for the help! :D

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It'd probably be best to just get a capture card that comes with the software to use it. I got a Dazzle a few years ago for about $60, the quality isn't the best, but it's not bad either.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If you're new to this, you can experiment with something much cheaper. EZ Cap is $10 but quality is worse than dazzle but still watchable.

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah. It's best to buy something that's designed for capturing video/sound. Dazzles are a name brand so the price is inflated, that and Dazzle recorders are extremely picky when it comes to working with software that it isnt designed for.

You can get them for as cheap as 20$-30$ dollars online though.

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
You can record Project M from the wii. After the match, there should be an option to save (so don't hit start right away after the match). I believe P:M supports saving matches of any length. U jut can't record any commentary.

Edit: you need an sd card to transfer to computer, so hopefully you can do that.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Replays will only work for the Wifi version (which uses a superior but not traditionally Melee air dodge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auuxj7hq0LA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A )

but if you do save a replay in the Wifi version and don't have a capture device: if you're tech smart enough to handle hacking your Wii (to use http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SaveGame_Manager_GX which'll make your replays work for dolphin) and setting up the emulator Dolphin to run P:M you can get replays recorded through Dolphin which gives HD quality.

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
Ya, my bad. I realized the error of my ways yesterday, when I tried recording within P:M. It made for some funny stuff.
When I record, I use a DVD recorder built into our VCR.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Personally, I have a Project M setup running on Dolphin Emulator. If you have a beefy enough computer, you can record matches from there via Fraps, DXtory, or some other capture software.

Top Bottom