• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recording gameplay of PM through Dolphin?

THE QXTR

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrownCountdown
3DS FC
4484-8600-8289
I was thinking of ways to go about it and I was wondering if anyone could help and suggest different things to help me do so? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of recording said PM matches on my wii, and taking the replay files by saving them on an SD card perhaps and running them through a Dolphin Emulator and recording from there because the replays are saved as a log of inputs, not a series of frames. Does anyone know how I'd go about doing that? (specifically transferring the replay files to be read on the comp through dolphin emu running PM)
Or shall I just invest in a device that will record gameplay on my tv?

$heen

Smash Ace
It is possible to record replays in HD with dolphin if you use the wifi codeset.
This video explains how to do set it up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP03UBBcqvw

As for getting replays to work, I'm not sure if you can copy the replay file onto the virtual SD card. You might need to save it to the wii's memory and export your brawl save file.

Top Bottom