• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recommended controller stuffs

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
im going to my first tournament soon and I play meta knight but certain things like shff and doos and noos are hard to pull off with my gcc. They configuration is default except tap jump is off. Do I need a new controller or a new configuration? What is the best competitive controler and configuration for competitive brawl?

S0 B00sted

Smash Cadet
Premium
You're going to want to stick with the official GameCube controller. As for configuration perhaps someone with more experience with Meta Knight than I have can chime in.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
If your tourney is that close, stick with what you know. If you try to change it now, you'll just get the inputs mixed up. As for the best config, that depends. I've always been satisfied with tap jump off default, but people who make heavy use of special moves (usually Pika mains) often rebind specials to the C-stick. I can't imagine that you would want to use B-sticking on MK, unless Dimensional Infinite Cape of the Knight moves are legal there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom