• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recommend a character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishb0nes

Smash Rookie
I need some help choosing a character for SSBM, i want someone small, thats the main thing i want, small and fast, does anyone recommend any good characters which i could become good with, i have been playing with ice climbers but they are to easy to kill nana so it gets annoying, I like mewtwo but he seems really hard to use correctly, i hate jigglypuff so dont recommend her, any ideas anyone?

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
I need some help choosing a character for SSBM, i want someone small, thats the main thing i want, small and fast, does anyone recommend any good characters which i could become good with, i have been playing with ice climbers but they are to easy to kill nana so it gets annoying, I like mewtwo but he seems really hard to use correctly, i hate jigglypuff so dont recommend her, any ideas anyone?
small and fast, pikachu. but no one can really make a decision for you, you have to try it out for yourself. and also, jiggs is a he:p

fishb0nes

Smash Rookie
Ye i guess, but i just wanted some rough ideas who everyone thought was the best, and jiggs cant be a guy it wears a bow and sings lol

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
Ye i guess, but i just wanted some rough ideas who everyone thought was the best, and jiggs cant be a guy it wears a bow and sings lol
well you could check the tier list for '07. if i remember correctly, Faox, Falco, and Sheik are on the top. my personal favorite is C. Falcon/Ganondorf even though Ganon was my first main. honestly, the best way to find "your" character is to try them all out naturally and find who "clicks" with you. otherwise your just going to get people suggesting their own mains who you might not like at all. yeah i know its weird but jiggs is a he, trust me. and jiggly is awesome, how could you not like him?

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
if you want small and fast, go with fox. i personally perfer a little bit more combo in my game, so i like falco more. i also have this undeniable urge to spike anything i can =[

Sailus

Smash Cadet
Pikachu is small, fast, and has a cool moveset. U-air tailspikes are so annoying because I play falco.

Don't necessarily just pick top-tier characters; in fact, I had no idea falco was such when I started playing him. I just liked the speed and overall feel that falco had. If that's what you're going for, try him out, or pikachu, who, despite a completely different moveset, handles similarly.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Small and fast characters would be ones like Young Link, Pichu, Pikachu, Luigi, Fox (?), and of course, Bowser.

EDIT: Jigglypuff is female. Samus, Zelda, Peach, and Jigglypuff are the girls.

EDIT 2: If you like to camp, pick YL or a rat.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Fox is the best character in the game so I would just pick him if you starting off haha. Shiek is fast and much easier to learn. Honestly if I had to start all over again I would pick marth but if you want fast fox or shiek.

Aiko

Smash Champion
yes bowser is probably the smallest and fastest character.

if you want someone small and nippy, pikachu or fox would be ideal.

K4M1K4Z3

Smash Cadet
go with fox. he's fast, has unique combo options, plus you can just go crazy and shine ppls faces of

Giggidax

Smash Ace
fox is definitely the smallest and fastest character in the game. well not the smallest, but the best choice for the small/fast combination.

hes not big or too small, hes a bit below medium size i would say. compared to young link. saying that young link is small, and pichu is extra small. fox would be a medium-small size. and hes super fast. if u have fast enuff fingers (like me oh yeaaa lol jp ) play fox. hes so fun to use and to show off with, with all his little shine tricks and laser show-offs.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
If you don't have the hang of shffl, DI, wavedashing, dashdancing, etc., I'd say go with Sheik since she is easy enough to handle to the point where you can be good while you learn all of those techs. If you have the basic techs down, then you'll be able to play Fox/Falco with more control and speed.

Also isn't Jigglypuff one of those all female Pokemon species?

Giggidax

Smash Ace
at first i thought pokemon didnt have genders. then i remembered i saw an episode of a male pikachu, and also, male nidorino and female nidoran etc lol

but yea i think jigglypuff is all female.. i could be wrong tho

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, in pokemon, all pokemon have genders except legendary pokemon and ditto. Thus in smash, Pikachu has gender, jigglypuff has gender, but mewtwo doesn't...sounds pretty male though...

This was introduced in pokemon silver and gold. You were actually able to breed pokemon of certain types but had to make sure one was male and one was female, though since ditto can change shape, you could replace one gender for ditto (use your imagination..) You were introduced a pokemon egg which after walking around awhile, would hatch into a level 5 version of one of its parent pokemon but have characteristics and movesets of both.

lol sometimes i bust out that version of pokemon...i stopped playing after crystal cuz the pokemon became too stupid after that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, you should play and get really good with a low-tier character for smash so that when you beat someone respectable usually playing with high-tier, it'll be even more crazy with the upset FTW.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for explaining that.
There's too many people calling jigglypuff a "she", when it could be either male or female.

gcboy

Smash Cadet
i say use jigglypuff or falco first because you won't have to strain yourself as much as when you're playing fox...

btw, i think jigglypuff's gender changes according to color. blue has a ribbon so its female. green has one of those rambo things so it's just oozing masculinity... not sure what yellow is though. all i know is that i'd be pissed if you called my jigglypuff a friggin girl. jk lol.

Smash Master
Fox is small. Fox is fast. Fox ***** everybody until they cry. Pick Fox.

Also, once you can play Fox well, other characters become remarkably easy to pick up.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Stop suggesting Jiggs people! He already said not to! lol.. anyway, go with Fox or Falco. Fox runs faster and has a better recovery, both have pretty much equally fast moves. Fox shine spikes, Falco shine combos. Falco has the SHL approach, plus a spike, and his moves are stronger than Fox's.

..pick Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom