• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reckless saftey notice man for smash

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I wouldn't bet against Sakurai actually going for this tbh....looks like it'd be a hybrid of GnW and WFT...

D

Deleted member

Nintendo no longer cares about your safety, even with the Wii u Gamepad or using the Wii Remote with some Wii U games. Something smells fishy around here without his inclusion in ALL THE WII U GAMES EVER!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
He looks.... naked. :x

:231:
It seems they drew him as if he was a blue 3D body as opposed to a silhouette. It'd be cool to have a 3D model with 0 shading on it to achieve the effect. I agree he'd be a fun Assist (Am I the only one hoping that once all the DLC is through there is an Assist pack released? It'd probably be too much trouble and add to the load times significantly but man, I'd love it.)

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, since nobody has done it yet, I guess it's up to me to post a moveset for this integral character.

--Specials--

• Neutral Special: Reckless Safety Notice Man throws his Wiimote forward as a fast moving projectile. low damage, but can be used as a K.O. move
  • Side Special: RSNM knocks over a glass vase while swinging the wiimote. fast firing, but low range. Good for zoning. slightly less range than Robins Arcfire. 4 - 7 damage.
  • Up Special: RSNM connects a wiimote and nunchuck and swings them upward into a grapple for the edge. Like the Ice Climbers recovery. no damage.
  • Down Special. He trips the user by wrapping the wiimote/nunchuck end by wrapping it around their feet. good for follow ups, but only for things like tilts or short hop aerials. You likely couldn't change up a smash attack or special before the opponent got up. 2 - 3 damage.
--Smashes--
  • Down Smash: User does a low sword/wiimote swing. 12 - 15 damage non charged. 19 damage fully charged.
  • Up Smash: User shakes the wiimote above him spasticly, like in Super Paper Mario. 10 damage non charged. 15 damage fully charged.
  • Side Smash: The user Swings the Wiimote forward with an arching vertical slash. 11 damage non charged. 16 damage charged.
--Tilts--

• Down Tilt: RSNM swings his wiimote like a golf club, but hilariously over shoots, hitting his opponents in the groin. (Or with smaller characters, the face.). hits for 6 damage.
  • Up Tilt: RSNM swings his wiimote like a fishing rod above him. hits for 5 - 7 damage.
  • Side Tilt: RSNM punches forward with his wiimote and nunchuck boxing style. Akin to Little Macs side special, but less damage.
--aerials--
  • Nair: RSNM swing the wiimote and nunchuck by the cord in a circle around himself. Good range, low damage.
  • Uair: RSNM thrusts his wiimote skyward vertically. 13 damage.
  • Dair: RSNM z drops his wiimote. hard to land, but good damage. 17 - 20 damage. spikes at 100+%.
  • Bair: RSNM accidently throws the wiimote behind him. Good knockback and kill move.
  • Fair: RSNM draws a shape in front of him with the wiimote, smacking those in his way. 12 damage.
  • Zair: He swing his connected wiimote/Nunchuk at another player, like Link or ZSS.
--Grabs---

• Grab: RSNM grabs his opponent by the neck with the cord of the wiimote/nunchuck combo.
  • Pummel: RSNM smacks his opponent with the Wiimote.
  • Uthrow: He whips the cord up, throwing his opponent into the air.
  • Dthrow: RSNM slams the wiimote/nunchuck into the opponent, slamming them down.
  • Bthrow: RSNM twists his opponent around twice with the wiimote/nunchuck cord, only to then throw the opponent to the back of him.
  • Fthrow: RSNM flicks the wiimote/nunchuck cord forward, tossing the opponent forward.
--Final Smash--

RSNM jumps off the screen, and the screen pans out to reveal the Smash Bros. match being played on a T.V. screen, with the RSNM standing in front of the T.V. The RSNM then swings his wiimote with control pad initiated attacks across the screen, smacking the opponents. 25+ damage to all successful hits.

--Victory Animations--

• RSNM Smacks a vase and his friend, knocking them off screen. He then stands there panting.
  • RSMN throws the wiimote at the screen, putting a huge crack in the screen.
  • RSNM swings the wiimote, and accidentally knocks over the results of one of his opponents to the ground.
--clapping animation--

• RSNM claps the wiimote and nunchuck together.

• I may add customs at a later date.

***EDIT*** I added a new Neutral Special, and I added grabs.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I've said this out of this forum but judging by this argument, the Nintendo Logo deserves more to be in Smash.
I still love this idea tho xd
The Nintendo Logo?! Really...that's a bit too crazy of a suggestion. This is a serious thread for a serious character.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Not necessarily suggesting, just to point out that the point about how many game it has been on is not quite agreeable. Yes it's in the games, but just as a quick screen of notice, like the credits screen to some extent. No game has ever shown him actually being playable, or even as an interactive figure. He's just a picture shown to warn stuff. Like Nintendo Logo is shown to note a Nintendo game. Interactivity wise, throwing logic out of the window, Nintendo Logo really had more relevance and representation to Nintendo stuff or even the gaming industry.

tldr: jk

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Not necessarily suggesting, just to point out that the point about how many game it has been on is not quite agreeable. Yes it's in the games, but just as a quick screen of notice, like the credits screen to some extent. No game has ever shown him actually being playable, or even as an interactive figure. He's just a picture shown to warn stuff. Like Nintendo Logo is shown to note a Nintendo game. Interactivity wise, throwing logic out of the window, Nintendo Logo really had more relevance and representation to Nintendo stuff or even the gaming industry.

tldr: jk
To be fair, there are a couple of things going into Reckless Safety Notice Mans favor. For one, he is an actual character, unlike the Nintendo logo. Also, the Nintendo logo hasn't been in all Wii games (Specifically third party games.). another thing he has going for him is that the Reckless Safety Notice Man is a figure of safety for kids. Parents would appreciate more characters that are inclined to keep people safe. the Wii Fit Trainer encourages exercise in it's viewers, and the Reckless Safety Notice Man encourages not being too wild while playing video games. Combine all this with a stellar potential moveset to back him up (see above), and I say we have a character more relevant that the Nintendo Logo.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Put me the heck down, this idea is awesome.
It just gets better as you think about it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm gonna go get a roster maker icon.
EDIT: Found something magical:

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
To be fair, there are a couple of things going into Reckless Safety Notice Mans favor. For one, he is an actual character, unlike the Nintendo logo. Also, the Nintendo logo hasn't been in all Wii games (Specifically third party games.). another thing he has going for him is that the Reckless Safety Notice Man is a figure of safety for kids. Parents would appreciate more characters that are inclined to keep people safe. the Wii Fit Trainer encourages exercise in it's viewers, and the Reckless Safety Notice Man encourages not being too wild while playing video games. Combine all this with a stellar potential moveset to back him up (see above), and I say we have a character more relevant that the Nintendo Logo.
Okay I understand most stuff, but "encourages not being too wild while playing video games"...
*points at con in OP Picture: Kids might try this at home*
Also how does one encourage people not to be too wild by being too wild in video games?

(Again, just saying, I would really like seeing this coming)

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, please. I think his moves would be similar to Wii Fit, maybe even a semi-clone. Neutral special could be a chargeable move where he holds his hand back, and then knocks a vase forward. Side special would be throwing a Wii remote across the stage. Up special could be reckless flailing tornado like the OP. Down special could be charging up rage to increase strength and speed.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
WE GOT OURSELVES AN ICON, GET IT WHILE ITS HOT
IconReckless Silhouette.png

D

Deleted member

The guy would actually make a epic Assist trophy with Wiimote projectile ( get this, a technique where he straps it... and UNSTRAPS it as he throws! ), a reckless move where he summons a table + vase and knocks over the vase, for a good melee attack! Hit someones shoulder and cripple that foe, making him unable to attack for a bit!

Edit : I know the same attack ideas are being thrown around this thread like crazy, but i'm being honest!

Last edited by a moderator:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I want his sound effects to be taken from Nintendo consoles in the same way that G&W, R.O.B, and pictochat take from their respective consoles.

Top Bottom