• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent tourney match videos

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
I didn't feel like watching all of the videos, but I can give you advice based on the first three.

You never looked confident in your chaingrabbing. The only real chaingrab I saw was at the start of the first video. The others were just D-throw into F-throw, and you never shield grabbed. Obviously that could be improved.

Other than that..... Nah, you're better than me, so I won't critisize too much. There's not that much to correct! Good job with alot of your kills and such!

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
aerial game looks good

your tilts may need to be practiced...

finish CG by following off the ledge into fair

whut?

Smash Journeyman
saw the first snake match and a MK one.
you didnt chaingrab alot, CG shouldnt be abused but it should be used.
i didnt see too many inhales, AKA the makeshift grab, it is totally worth using.
you dont use fsmash for spacing/pressure. you use Usmash when utilt could work.
(its just IMO, usmash is too laggy)it looks like you have control over your aerials,
i didnt see any double jumped dAirs in the first match. that is the single best option to do out of a shield.(or full jumped dAir for combo against big chars)

work on gimping with WOPs & controling the direction you face during jumps.
ddd is called best aerial char because he can turn around mid air and suprise people
with alternating attacks. Dont worry much about the crit though,
youve got your playstyle in line. then again you arent flawless, no one is flawless!

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I watched most of the videos and you have a very good DDD. I also saw that you never chainthrow, you just dthrow to fthrow, even if you still have a lot more of the stage to traverse. I would keep dthrowing until the last throw before you reach the edge, fthrow them off, then edgeguard them with bairs. You can get some early kills off that way.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah, I know I should CG more. I just see people like Aero and DSF in socal CGing the hell out of everyone, so I don't do it often and still win without it. If it's absolutely necessary, I start doing it, like in my matches against Hugs' Rob.

bluegray

Smash Rookie
Dude I favorited most of your vids, and I just wanna say I'm a fan. My friend just started getting good enough with snake to beat me so I need to play like you.

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ Thanks for bringing back the dead, I really appreciate it (I guess Im helping out, but Jesus Christ).

brg

Smash Ace
oh **** im watching the first match, excellent work! beautiful aggresive play vs snake

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Yeah, I know I should CG more. I just see people like Aero and DSF in socal CGing the hell out of everyone, so I don't do it often and still win without it. If it's absolutely necessary, I start doing it, like in my matches against Hugs' Rob.
Don't worry about people saying you need to CG more. The fact that you're a DDD main automatically means you know how to CG, but the fact that you don't is not a bad thing. I play Ice climbers (not my main, but I basically play 3/4 of the brawl roster lol) and I hardly ever use their CGs. It's just the way I play, I'd rather lose a match while implementing a good fighting style than winning by using the only thing that makes some people consider them a decent character... not that losing is something I ever really do much of... haha JP

brg

Smash Ace
and another thing, you rarely spot dodge

edit: the only time you started dodging is vs dsf. I think it was appropriate lol

ddd's spot dodge is excellent imo, very useful on the ground to mix things up and confuse the opponent

Top Bottom