• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reccomendations for a good 3rd party controller?

Sess

Smash Rookie

This is a shot of my right hand next to my DS Lite.

The official controller just doesnt seem right, I miss combos alot...

Maybe its my hand structure or my controller is waring out.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a good 3rd party controller? Thanks.

Sess

Smash Rookie
Since its next to impossible to find a 3rd party controller thats good, does tournements such as MLG honestly mind if I **** around with my controller.

IE, Put lighter springs ont he triggers among other things.

quak

Smash Champion
3rd party controller suck, and yes they would depending on what you had in mind.

Save up for a regular controller

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
most 3rd party controller are not that great. they are just worse quality than the nintendo ones in almost all cases. as far as tournaments, you might get to use a 3rd party or modded controller in a small tournament or friendlies, but in MLG they allow practically no (if any) 3rd party controllers and only cosmetic mods to controllers. I say buy 1st party. you'll be glad you did.

quak

Smash Champion
exactly, ****in around with it that sense is almost always banned at most respected/recognized tourneys, especially MLG. And just a note, most 3rd party contollers are banned because of turbo functions.

you can however cosmeticly mod your contoller, keep in mind that this is STRICTLY FOR LOOKS ONLY. Makes it feel more personal i suppose. I don't bother doing it though.

And another point, don't blame the contoller, it's the controllee. :p

Top Bottom