• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rebalancing Brawl: Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I really wanted to stop making topics so consistently, but this is rather important and there needs to be a topic about it.

It seems as if the SBR is considering the rebalancing of Brawl.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200495

If this happens, the game's characters can quite possibly changed for the better (or worse) depending on what the SBR does.

Personally, I'm against this, simply because characters should not be changed outside of their original designers, but if they're REALLY going to do this, then we shouldn't put Mario out of this. If we do, we can end up hurting Mario more than helping, because many others are hitting this topic head-on.

So, lets use this thread as a discussion of how Mario should be "re-balanced" in a what-if SBR-made Brawl.

For me, just increase the distance of Mario's Up-B and I'd be happy.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You must be talking about Melee. Mario doesn't have the tornado for his down-B, although FLUDD -can- help his recovery if fully charged and high above the stage.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I like the range on his upB. It makes OOS upB that much safer if you whiff it.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
His kill moves need to actually kill. That's all I have to say.

Perhaps a little more power behind the FLUD would help too, sometimes it seems to almost do nothing to good recoveries.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marios biggest weakness is his lack of range imo. I think his tilts should be buffed or something like that...it's hard to tell in Marios case. Give him a little bit more and he seems to be too strong, leave him like that and he just isn't ... good enough

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Marios biggest weakness is his lack of range imo. I think his tilts should be buffed or something like that...it's hard to tell in Marios case. Give him a little bit more and he seems to be too strong, leave him like that and he just isn't ... good enough
QFT...well...most of it.

Mario's biggest problem is range. If you can't KO how he is now, chances are that your spacing is off. Landing KO moves with Mario isn't hard, you just can't expect to throw them out like MK or Snake and get pissed when your opponent doesn't run into it.

Any changes to Mario would have to be complete game changers imo. Not some Ocarina code, but changes to his actual moveset. This is a good idea, I suppose, but the only way they can really "balance" Mario is by fixing his main problem.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I like Mario the way he is. Make his Fair not suck so much though, I mean...SHEESH!. Give it some oomph.

Other than that I think everything about him is fine. They're thinking of adding a small amount of hitstun during tumble animations so his combo ability will be fierce afterwards.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nah. Just figured you were, given your location and how abrupt your post was XD
Not to mention this IS the Mario boards. We would know about Boss.

The hardest part about "rebalancing" Mario is that he is, statistically speaking, the most balanced character in Smash and always has been. Due to this, giving Mario any nerfs whatsoever would be absurd unless there was a dramatic buff given.

The only thing you can do for Mario is just make him better, which I assume is not what SBR is trying to do.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
more aerial priority plz.
buff dtilt too.
Range = priority in the air. That's why attacks don't clash in the air. So yeah...not happening.

I don't care about dtilt, personally. Dsmash is faster and better in every way. All they could do is make it trip people...but it's so slow and laggy that it'd lack practical purpose.

Famous

Smash Champion
If you need tips on good Mario's Ask Boss8. his mario is by far the best main mario
Lol, or you could ask someone that beats him periodically, me...Though I'm NOT better than Boss(by a little), I have good knowledge on matchups and such...

Boss, the IHOP thing was just too good...I'm thinking about making a sig about it.

Metador, you need to try and take a vacation down here to SoVA. Me and Boss would like to play you in person one of these days...

[EDIT]
We should all make a Mario backroom to prevent less trolling of non-Mario mains...Lol, even plumbers need their privacy...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Sometime soon. I've been busy Famous XD

I think I'm quite sick of wifi at this point. I'll be at one of these tourneys randomly one of these days. Or maybe a smash fest...eh..

Just don't expect me to be Azen or anything. I'm no pro, lol

Famous

Smash Champion
That's fine, any experience is a learning experience...I would love to see what type of playing style you have.

Lol, when you come down you'll have come with us to IHOP before or after tourney as well.

EDIT
I think most boards have at least one backroom...We should make one soon

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
That thread was about a side project that we were considering as a possibility. It is not happening now, nor will it happen any time soon. And even if it did happen, it wouldn't be pushed as a standard or enforced on anybody.

So stop jumping the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom