• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind Falcon staying low

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Not entirely. It sort of a mix of me and havokks theory, as well as the physics of brawl.
This.

Falcon is still a Melee character, in a Brawls physics engine.

But like a wise person once did.... Gimpyfish used Bowser in Melee, he was low low low on the tier list. - Still POSSIBLE

Yah, I know this is Brawl. Brawl is a lot more luck based then Melee, and I would say the lower tiers do have less of a chance then the lower tiers in Melee, but its still possible.

If I could place with Mewtwo in Melee (who was Bottom of the Bottom for the longest time....) then why can't I with Falcon?

Because its harder? Because it takes more work? Because there are no combos? Because he sucks?

I say its mentality. If you have the feeling you're going to lose, you will.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
This.

But like a wise person once did.... Gimpyfish used Bowser in Melee, he was low low low on the tier list. - Still POSSIBLE

Yah, I know this is Brawl. Brawl is a lot more luck based then Melee, and I would say the lower tiers do have less of a chance then the lower tiers in Melee, but its still possible.

If I could place with Mewtwo in Melee (who was Bottom of the Bottom for the longest time....) then why can't I with Falcon?

Because its harder? Because it takes more work? Because there are no combos? Because he sucks?

I say its mentality. If you have the feeling you're going to lose, you will.
The mentality is not the problem. There are people repping falcon like Rebaz and ayaz, and they have the right mentality.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Yeah but it seems as if it has basically made me "marked". And I really didn't know you could've just said that I shouldn't have put it, not to move it to the snake boards "where it belongs", that's what got me talking back. :/
Why did that part make you talk back..? it does belong at the snake boards (if anywhere)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The mentality is not the problem. There are people repping falcon like Rebaz and ayaz, and they have the right mentality.
Didn't one say he was starting to lose hope?

Also, that's still not enough....I don't know their records, but apparently they aren't placing -enough-

Snake:

Razer, Candy, Ally, DSF (old DSF. lol he sucks now IMHO), others I can't think off of my head..

MK:

M2K, Dojo, DSF, others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Falcon:

Rebaz, Ayaz....... and I haven't heard of either of them before coming to this board <_> (no doubt they are good, just not good enough to be heard of as a 'common' name. If someone says Ninjalink, most people know who they're talking about. If I were to say Rebaz, people would ask who he is.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
Didn't one say he was starting to lose hope?

Also, that's still not enough....I don't know their records, but apparently they aren't placing -enough-

Snake:

Razer, Candy, Ally, DSF (old DSF. lol he sucks now IMHO), others I can't think off of my head..

MK:

M2K, Dojo, DSF, others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Falcon:

Rebaz, Ayaz....... and I haven't heard of either of them before coming to this board <_> (no doubt they are good, just not good enough to be heard of as a 'common' name. If someone says Ninjalink, most people know who they're talking about. If I were to say Rebaz, people would ask who he is.
ehm first of all, your knowledge =/= the worlds knowledge.

And lol at the bolded. :p

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
I've heard of people, but they aren't names I can pull out of my head to list. :laugh:

Go around SWF asking if they know who Rebaz is. Then go around asking people if they know who M2K or Ninjalink is. Tell me your results.
I'm not saying they aren't less known, but they are quite known, don't underestimate them;)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
This.

Think about that sentence for a sec. It's epic. Even though Brawl has changed him, Falcon. Still. A . Melee. Character.

Wow. Nobody else can say that about thier character.:bee:

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Outliers change results. Minimally, but outliers change results.

Edit: The effect of outliers is minimal, so the group has to collectively change the results for it to be noticeable.

If everyone began playing Falcon and placing in the top 30%, chances are, he'd move up. But since three people play the good captain seriously, no matter how they place, it won't affect his position a whole lot.

The tier list is an accumulation of data and opinion. You all need to get out there and change the data yourselves to change the opinions!

If it helps, I'll get some cheerleaders to wear CF helmets and yellow scarves at every Brawl tournament. Every cheer will end in "Come on!" "Show me your moves!" or "Falcoooooon PUNCH!" in cheerleader tones and voices. Boosting morale. :D

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
snakes that only tilt are harder then snakes that try to use explosives(when fighting Falcon that is).

Not saying shield nading is bad or C4 setup's are worthless but the sheer power of F and Up Tilt complete negate everything falcon has. Add some jab/grab games and it's GG.

And falcon really can't win. He does too poorly against marth, MK, and Falco to compete in all but the most bizarre tournaments.
I am going to have to disagree with you there. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215802 Check out the ARS vids. He beat a lucario and falco in tournament play and takes third place overall.

I believe that Sakurai did a much better job balancing the game than people are giving him credit for. Although he made some mistakes, it seems to me that every character has enough potential to be usable for tournament play.

I'm not sure whether or not he is the worst character in the game, but that doesn't matter much to me. Even if he is, he still has tournament potential in addition to being really fun to use.

Top Bottom