• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REASON why DK's final smash sucks.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Everyone who went to E4All says DK must have drawn the short straw, and
that his final smash just so happens to be the worst in the game.

Now, take a look at the DOJO page:

Sakurai on the DOJO said:
And…DUM DOO DUM DUMMM!

It’s cool to just pound on them, but why not listen to the music that’s playing? Press buttons in time to the beat to really get things hopping.
The reason why DK's final appeared so bad, is because you have to press
buttons in time with the beat to increase your power/range!

I don't remember seeing an effect like this in any of DK's E4All vids.

Perhaps the reason is that with so many screens going at once, and so
many people shouting and screaming, it is difficult to HEAR the beat of the music,
but I could definitely hear a good tune or two in the background of some of those vids.

Maybe the DK players all had really poor rhythm or co-ordination.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
That's nice and all, but this should really go in the Donkey Kong subsection of the Characters section. ;)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wrong section.

But yes, many have come to that conclusion. There actually were times where it seemed like the button was timed correctly, and the shock wave did get a lot bigger. =/

india3

Smash Cadet
i suppose you could be right... i haven't really seen many vids with dk's final smash... better head over to that video thread...

and yeah wrong section..

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Why don't you guys let the mods do their jobs and just respond to the topic instead of pretending you have some authority here?

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you guys let the mods do their jobs and just respond to the topic instead of pretending you have some authority here?

Very true i agree..most ppl just dont kno where to post but they all learn overtime.

Anyways i feel DK's final smash is prolly great..like all other final smashes u just have to master it so it can be great..at e4all everyone was knew and only played a few matches..eventually once brawl is out and DK players have weeks into it we will see Crazy DK Final smashes most likely or so i hope :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow, his final smash must've sucked if people really thought he was drawn short. I personally don't think all the final smashes will be around the same level of goodness anyway.

Top Bottom