• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realalistic Expectations for the Patch

Flippant

Smash Apprentice
Share your hopes for the upcoming balance patch here :D
My hopes:
-Less landing lag on Dair
-More hitstun on Upair
-Less knockback on D-throw (maybe for a guaranteed Up-air follow up at low %'s)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
+Less KB on jab so it can jab reset
+Rest does more shield damage, 70% in all is my hope
+less KB on Dthrow
+more damage on dtilt

-more landing lag on Uair
-dash attack increased cooldown

I don't think all of these will happen, but these are some of my guesses

..uuuuu.....

Smash Cadet
-melee rest

-less lag on the uair for some combo potential

-
a little less falling speed

-more aerial horizontal movement

-longer dash (would be nice if she dashed by jumping forward through the air/ floaty dash)

-@Jiggly i agree rest needs more shield damage

Last edited:

..uuuuu.....

Smash Cadet
edit:

longer uair

weaker up-tilt to combo into rest

longer range on sing! (enough so Ganondorf can't side-smash you mid-sing)

(fix rest please) rest can only kill mid-low range, and takes your focus away from the fighting while you try to find a good opportunity to use it. maybe there should be superarmor somewhere in the hitboxes. the rest ending-lag is unbearable. for a move that isnt a OHKO (or the melee version), it is high risk mid-low reward (haha).

most important: 7 jumps please! when meta-knight and kirby have 6 jumps like you (and better moves in the MU), and gimp so easily you wish you had at least 1 advantage over them :/

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't agree with those suggestions at all. I mean sure they would make her better, but they aren't reasonable asks. Rest killing at 30~40 would be insane in a game where 2 stocks are standard. Plus, Rest already does have 8 invincibility frames. I have no idea what you're talking about when saying a Rest is mid-low reward considering its kill potential compared to other moves is high, and regardless it will consistently deal 25+ damage. Just... don't use it when it wouldn't give you the kill but put you in a bad situation? The only thing to be fixed in this regard is the capacity to get a blast KO and be punished on respawn.

As far as uptilt goes, a weaker start might be nice for combos, but its KB scaling is also so huge that it turns into a viable kill move. I don't think I would want it to be weakened for early combos and lose the KO potential.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
D Throw should have less knockback. It's garbage. Why can't Jiggs have Nair, Fair, Uair followups from DThrow like Ness and Diddy have?

:^)

Smash Rookie
The less landing lag on Dair would be amazing so you could actually up-tilt out of it before they could shield

Braydon

Smash Ace
Rest kills from 60% up and it's not like Dair is Jigglypuff's best move anyways.
Okay so it would take a Dair>rest combo, and one or two hits from other attacks, and then you could kill.

And rest kills light chars earlier so some you could just kill in two Dair rest combos

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Diddy does that with a hoohah. Ness does that with a Fair chain. DK does that with a Bair chain. I don't see why not.
Hoohah with the banana to start deals around 20%, 27~28% with a second upair.
Ness down throw to three fairs deals 23~24% (which is why you want to go for upair to finish instead)
Two bairs with DK is 23~24% and three is around 36% (all of these being affected by staling and so are approximate), but they don't combo after two and DK is a heavy character anyways.
yeah hi greatly exaggerating damages

It isn't as if we can't already Rest from dair at good ranges, either. Something like Kirby's dair to 1~2 uptilts would be useful at wide ranges and be much more reasonable.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Realistic expectations from the patch are nothing. If anything, I could see nerfs instead of buffs.

Ideally, what I would want is less knockback on down throw for combos, but I don't see that happening.

Flippant

Smash Apprentice
Nerfs? Why would puff need nerfs? Legit almost no plays her, my casual friends often forget she exists. I don't think anyone is crying for Puff nerfs. I could understand nothing being done to her, but I can't see nerfs.

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
Less knock back on her jab is all I ask for daddy Sakurai.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Back then people said Luigi sucked. Then Boss came and destroyed everything. Everybody said Duck Hunt Dog was Snake and was going to be top tier, and he is in the E tier in the community tier list. Times have changed.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Nerfs? Why would puff need nerfs? Legit almost no plays her, my casual friends often forget she exists. I don't think anyone is crying for Puff nerfs. I could understand nothing being done to her, but I can't see nerfs.
I just don't have faith that Nintendo will do anything that improves this character because they wanna be super-careful not to accidentally give her combos

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
You guys feel old now ?

In a few years, we'll look back saying "remember when jiggly wasn't top tier ? Funny time."

"it ws way before the shovel knight domination era"

Top Bottom