• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Reading between the lines" what was really revealed

Plomid

Smash Ace
"OMG NO CHAR UPDATE THIS SUCKS!!!"
"i woke 72 hours straight for this!"
This is what a lot of comments have been like today. and some are understandable but as you know every week day there will be an update.
But Plomid isn't just told about and believes it without investigating. so heres what I've found.

1.Ok the second you open the page you are rushed with info including one crucial thing:
THE RETURN OF THE AIR DODGE!
this thing could prove to be the the saver of this community(together with the shown sliding animation of wario near the end of the Nintendo world trailer) PEOPLE THIS BRING US CLOSER TO INCLUDING THE WAVE DASH!!!!!!!!!!
now dont misunderstand me people im not saying that the wavedash is what makes competitive smashing what it is , but i AM saying it sure does help.
2.I think i see a new fox air move there (oh please god make it a new fair)although it could be nair fair or bair.
can anyone check the end of the Nintendo world trailer fox does bair there
3.The most obvious change i guess it the damage icons. i think they look cool but i also think they could get in the way. And i guess this eliminates the "Super Moves Triggered by a meter" theory because i cant see one, at least for now.
4.I can see a jumping action in the up tilt(i know this has been revealed before though)
5.Warios" Football tackle" attack(seems too an air move )
6.no thats not the sun at the dawn screen shot its pikachu's airborne thunder jolt!
7.now im not saying that the musicians will bring their older works characters with them to brawl but sakurai could indeed repay them respect by doing that.
8.4 characters max so no 64 player online madness.
9. the battlefield like stage actually is battlefield and the menu song will play under(always wanted to play while that song was playing:))
10. Planned for release 2007. its always good knowing they're still headstrong on releasing it this year.
11. that helicopter aerial attack form the trailer was exactly that an aerial attack not a recovery(revealed at the latest update of the Dojo

Keta

Smash Journeyman
There's a chance that Fox's attack is his nair. Also, I thought that was Wario's dash attack at first, too... but I'm pretty sure his dash attack is shown in the world trailer. He also appears to be in the air slightly.

Plomid

Smash Ace
There's a chance that Fox's attack is his nair. Also, I thought that was Wario's dash attack at first, too... but I'm pretty sure his dash attack is shown in the world trailer. He also appears to be in the air slightly.
ill edit it!

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking that image with Wario might be the ending animation of a fair, perhaps similar to Mario's. Mario could have been hit by it, or Metaknight's attack(If that's attack lag).

I also just noticed Mario's fair isn't a spike in the world trailer. I imagine that's been brought up alot already, though.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
So your saying characters like NIGHTS and Dante are gonna get in before people like Megaman and Sonic becuase the people who are composing for SSBB composed for another game?

bullcrap

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
That mid air dodge for Pikachu is interesting. If thats still in I don't see why wavedashing is out.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
So your saying characters like NIGHTS and Dante are gonna get in before people like Megaman and Sonic becuase the people who are composing for SSBB composed for another game?

bullcrap
that doesnt mean that EVERY composer from a different company is going to have one character from their series in brawl. just an estimation, but thats like 30 characters right there...not much room left for original smashers (yoshi, DK, bowser, c. falcon, etc)

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord

bullcrap
Well I too doubt they will make third party chars just for the talented musicians, but Iyou shouldn't be so mean Eh Carbos I mean Zinc.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Simply because they don't want it in. They could easily add a script to stop horizontal movement upon landing from an air-dodge. ;x

EDIT: I wouldn't be so sure the musicians really care to have the characters from games they made music for in Brawl. That list is to just give you an idea of what great potential Brawl has for AMAZING music. While it would be awesome to have Crono in Brawl, knowing the composer for that music will be helping with Brawl... Oh, man, I can't wait!!

Plomid

Smash Ace

bullcrap
i said i know its not going to happen
and I also saif that he could pay respect to them, and then i mean of course those who deserve it.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that air move that fox does is definitely his bair. Compare his bair from melee to this one. I immediately assumed it was a short hopped bair.

In the pic with pikachu on the left platform and metaknight on the ground in the middle, I think pikachu is just beginning or finishing a down smash...so..theres that.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I agree with the character icons. I don't like it. It's almost a sure thing they will get in the way. I mean look, in that one shot, it's covering part of mario. They're too much like portraits in an RTS. I prefer the original icons.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Well I too doubt they will make third party chars just for the talented musicians, but Iyou shouldn't be so mean Eh Carbos I mean Zinc.
I'm not mean, I'm mearly just sick and tired of all the: "MUSIC MAN JAPAN! HE COMPOSED GALAXIA! GALAXIA MUST BE IN BRALW"

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that air move that fox does is definitely his bair. Compare his bair from melee to this one. I immediately assumed it was a short hopped bair.

In the pic with pikachu on the left platform and metaknight on the ground in the middle, I think pikachu is just beginning or finishing a down smash...so..theres that.
Ah, good observation on the Pikachu. I think it's the beginning, though. As for Fox's attack. I'd have to agree with you.

Plomid

Smash Ace
i agree with that, it looks like a new bair. his non-kicking leg is in a different position though from melee where it was extented more.
could also be his "good" "old"(not as old as ssb) fair wich he does indeed turn.
bu when you say this and the more i think of i kinda see what you mean.
edited!

Keta

Smash Journeyman
It seems like wavedashing worked out perfectly to fit each character. I think they should just leave it be.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
its good for mindgames and outmaneuvering the opponent.
also it often identifies competitive players from the casual.
Are there still people that don't wavedash? o.O Other than the characters that don't really benefit from doing it.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Peach could easily tech chase a dsmash with a little wavedash. :chuckle:

I know it's just as easy, and probably more efficient, to run. *shrug*

I

i8waffles612

well yeah i know how to use it but i see no point in it...

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I only thing I see Link using a wavedash for is to edgehog, but he can look so much cooler be ledge-cancelling his up-b to edgehog. It's faster that way, too.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post, but I just noticed the red text in the main post. Fox doesn't do any attacks in the world trailer.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double post, but I just noticed the red text in the main post. Fox doesn't do any attacks in the world trailer.

He fights for a sec as the screen is panning around the battle, on the ground level, fighting link, but it's too small to see what he's doing.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed this. I saw a nair and a dash attack, I believe. A wavedash, too. I'm pretty sure. I've watched it like ten times. Haha

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
An air dodge does not mean there is going to be wavedashing. An airdodging person might simply roll when they hit the ground (a roll that is slower and more predictable then actual wavedashing).

Why do I not think there will be wavedashing?

Because it is fundamentally better then rolling. Yes, it rewards a higher skill level and yes rolling would still be an unexpected move, but frankly speaking a wavedash is a mre versatile and faster roll.

From the videos it seems that there will be three new forms of evasion. Faster rolling, rolling off platforms, and crawling.

Sakurai did say he wanted to "simplify" the game. So I think he is breaking up wavedashing into easier to execute evasive moves.

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Umm, sorry, I'm probably just overlooking it, but how do you know the airdodge is going to return?

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god, Wario did indeed do a wavedash, nothing else could explain it
THIS GAME IS BEING DEVELOPED BY WAVEDASHERS/FOX LOVERS
I can't wait to find out about the development team

Top Bottom