• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My reaction was pretty much being absolutely stunned that he was here. After his AT appearance in Brawl, it was engraved in my mind that Mac would never be a playable character. Sakurai sure proved me wrong, though. After my stunned reaction at the trailer, I was just so hyped that he was here. He's gonna be one of my mains for sure.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I fully expected it, but I got super hyped anyway.
It's weird how that works.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I missed the Nintendo Direct so I first saw him on the main site, and then watched the video. I was shocked to see him up there, expected a Donkey Kong character like many others. However Little Mac looks awesome and I am excited to play as him, just like the other newcomers. He seemed to be a very popular request and he was an AT in Brawl so I think he really deserves a character slot.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Giga Mac is an actual thing from Punch-Out!! Wii though. Sakurai didn't just make that up.
Yeah; I managed to look at that after several people mentioned the same thing... Since "Giga Mac" actually has precedent (by being in Punch-Out!! Wii prior to SSB4), I'm not too bothered by his inclusion now; at first, I thought it was yet another "groteseque giant form of a fighter" Final Smash that mimicked Giga Bowser's Super Smash Bros. Brawl implementation, causing me to be a bit hesitant.. And given that sometimes Jigglypuff's Puff Up form is occasionally referred to as "Gigalypuff" or some other variant (particularly when the "Bridge of Eldin reconstruction" glitch is employed), I was a bit annoyed since the 'Giga' prefix would seem to have been overused by SSB4's time. In any case, although I'll personally call it 'Big Mac', I'm glad that Little Mac's Final Smash is able to make another reference to his own series..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom