• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reactions to 3/9 delay compared to 2/10 delay

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
We've got to major delays in the time of the Dojo: The Original 2/10, and the most recent one The whopping (yet not so whopping for japan 1/31) 3/9. I was around the boards when the first delay hit (in fact I had only joined the day after) and I've noticed that the reactions around the boards were quite different.

Heres what I think: This delay, in my opinion got better reception then the original delay. Lets take a look at why:

----Its only a month this time when last time it was over 2 months.
----Japan still gets it this month so we don't have to wait much longer to get spoilers for those who want them
----We somewhat knew about it before it hit the Dojo as a rumor.
----We were a bit lacking in some areas of information. (Mario Music, movesets, sheik anyone...)

However some other major points come to mind:

----Sonic was announced on the first delay. This delay, PIKMIN STAGE! THATS IT!
----The hype is a lot higher now.
----Some people don't want spoilers but can't wait long enough.
----Some people didn't believe the rumors about another delay (sorry Youko but I have to say you got NINTEND-OWNED!!!)

Which delay got better reception in your opinion and Why?

fums63

Smash Apprentice
i think i was happier with the first one because this one is pointless because japan only gets brawl delayed a week.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Which delay got better reception in your opinion and Why?
Definitely the December delay.

* Though the amount of time the game has been delayed by now is shorter than the December delay (a month vs. two months), that delay was announced with quite a bit of time left until the NA release (the Japanese release date was never confirmed). What I mean is that the game was delayed in late October when it was planned for release in early December, so there was still over a month we would've had to wait; this time, we had already passed the 30-day mark, so we were getting pretty close to finally being able to play the game.

* This marks the third time Brawl has been delayed. Though an official release date was never provided, Brawl was supposed to be a launch title for the Wii. Then it was confirmed for release in December 2007. Later, February 2008. Now, March 2008.

* The impact of the December delay was lessened greatly by the confirmation of Sonic and a playable Brawl demo at E For All. The Pikmin stage confirmation has undoubtedly been overshadowed by this most recent delay.

* People don't understand why the NA release has been pushed back a full month whereas the Japanese release was delayed by a week. They find that to be unfair (I guess they don't realize that certain regions of the world don't even have release dates). Though, this points more to localization issues and NA-specific problems than it does problems with the game itself. I mean, the game *is* done; there was less than nine days to release.

I must say, this delay has really put me off the game. I mean, it's only a month, but by now, I'm just starting to lose interest. I don't think I'll even bother checking the Dojo this morning. I'll just probably stop following the game so closely and simply wait for it to be released.

Just when I thought we would be completely rid of these annoying "prophets" , "leakers," and "Who will return?" topics in a matter of days, I'm greeted with this news while checking the Dojo this morning. I didn't even see the notice at the top of the page - I was browsing the site on my Wii and inadvertendly scrolled towards the release information. I saw the MSRP rating (still not yet determined), began scrolling up, and noticed "Mar. 9". I couldn't believe my eyes; I zoomed in and discovered that the game had, in fact, been delayed. I scrolled to the top of the page and read the notice and thought to myself, "Holy crap, they (the people who were insisting there'd be another delay) were actually right. What the hell?"

I dread to see how many "OMG NyaseNya is the truth!" topics have popped up.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
A reason why they delayed it would be nice and take some of my angry away but still it is BS and getting ******** now. Been waiting for this game since Wii Launch and then some... I've about had it with this. I just want that **** game. *sigh*

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
This delay was totally uncalled for. It's really low to suddenly just delay it a month without any explanation when the game was only 26 days away.

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
I liked the first delay Better because there was still a long time until we got the game and we got the sonic update. With this we get no explaination,a bull **** update and the game was less than a month away. I'm just really mad with this one cause I've been lokjung at the updates every day since the dojo was revealed and I lost intrest in the game almost.
Also, off topic but if I reserved the game do u still have it reserved even after the game is delayed.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Sooo happy about the delay. I was scared that Brawl was going to cut into my school now that its a few weeks later it wont!!!! I'm so relieved. WOOOT!!

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
Oops sorry double post I'm using my phone. I lost intrest in the game because of the delay if any were confused.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I should be angry. I'm from europe, so it all depends on whether it has been pushed back for us also.
Now I know I come off very selfish right now, but seriously. I am getting very pretty tired of us europeans always getting the games a great deal after everyone else.

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice
This delay definitely! They'll probably implement more characters & features. They atleast announced this delay before we came within a 20 day radius (just barely though)...

Rash

Smash Ace
This delay was worse because the reasoning doesn't fit as well as with the first delay. Before it made sense because the game needed more development and was getting it, but now it's a little more nonsensical because a) the game's delay is based on localization, mostly, and b) the gap between the confirmed release dates is now 38 days rather than the original 17.

This one was bad. It for one doesn't feel right, and for two was told to us way too late. If there was a delay, we've should've NOT been notified on a Tuesday of all days, and within a month from release. We should've been notified the day we came back from the "update break" even though that would've sucked. It would've been better for us to get the news earlier so we wouldn't have to do this whole "delay speculation" BS with the retailers.

EPX2

Smash Ace
This delay definitely! They'll probably implement more characters & features. They atleast announced this delay before we came within a 20 day radius (just barely though)...
Sorry to inform you, but there's no way that's happening. There were nine days to the Japanese release before today's delay; Sakurai's team obviously must've completed the game. The delay had nothing to do with development issues and more than likely, everything to do with localization and manufacturing issues. Don't expect any additional characters or features - everything Sakurai wants in the game, he more than likely has already put in it. This delay wasn't to provide Sakurai with more time to work on the game.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Sorry to inform you, but there's no way that's happening. There were nine days to the Japanese release before today's delay; Sakurai's team obviously must've completed the game. The delay had nothing to do with development issues and more than likely, everything to do with localization and manufacturing issues. Don't expect any additional characters or features - everything Sakurai wants in the game, he more than likely has already put in it. This delay wasn't to provide Sakurai with more time to work on the game.
One Week is BARELY enough time to even program a Stage into the game, let alone characters. But now we know this.....

"Everytime Sakurai shows us a New Character, A Pichu Dies, a prophet comes up, the game is overly hyped within seconds......and we're given a delay. To me, this delay is the equivilant of God slapping me in the face

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
This was a terrible morning.

I was hungover from my work's holiday party and then I get a phone call at 8 am, with a blaring rendition of Judas Priest's "Breaking the Law" (My ringtone) only to hear my little brother telling me that Brawl has been delayed.

I almost just cried, but rather than be a sissy, I drank a beer, smashed the can on my aching head and sat up and went on with life.

Seriously though, my buzz for Brawl actually went down. I still want it really badly and everything but man, I don't even care that much now.

As long as it means Bomberman's not in there, I guess.

****ing Terrorist.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
I'd definitely say this delay was received worse. The initial delay at least had a purpose, but this one appears to be worthless.

All I can say is that hopefully a demo will be released on the day of the Japanese launch. I wouldn't count on it though. =(

plasman

Smash Apprentice
The 2/10 delay, for me, wasn't too unbearable. I knew I'd be spending the holidays with family and afterwards the new year would begin and shortly there would be Japan's release to tide us over. It didn't bother me much. This 3/9 delay however has kind of messed up my anticipation for this game : it has become small to nil. My interests piqued a bit as the updates began to become more exciting but I now have no interest in the daily updates or spoilers from events in Japan. Tomorrow could be a triple-character update complete with movesets and final smashes for all three and I won't know about it. The only thing I'm looking forward to is SMYN now, as strange and contradictory as it might sound. The weirdest part is I don't care that I don't care (if that makes sense.) I have school and other things I'm working on. To be honest it might be a good thing: the distancing of myself from the sort of desensitizing grind to find the day's most current information might reinvigorate my anticipation once it's been a month.

RevN

Smash Apprentice
Those are MOST OF the reasons y i was angry. The MAIN REASON IS while we wait JAPAN will be laughing at our faces while playing Brawl.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
I am just plain frustrated. I was getting so excited!

Funny thing though, I was just arguing about this with my friend today. I bet him 5 bucks that there was no delay because he didnt check the Dojo when he told me it =[

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
yeah I would say, they just need more time for development, but japan only gets delayed a week. That is Bull****. Everytime a game gets delayed my expectations for the game skyrocket it better live up to par. What could be so important they have to exclusivly delay the game to the rest of the world. This is funny, im an american and im saying "JAPAN IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD."

Whatever it is it better be good.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
If it weren't for the original delay I wouldn't have The Orange Box. This delay makes me want to have sex with the original delay. I was supposed to be playing the game through February break.

FiveLeafClover

Smash Cadet
Judging by the time that they actually delayed the game I'd say it's due to shipping errors and/or a lack of Wii optical discs.

I think the best thing for Sakurai to do right now would be to actually specify the reasoning behind the delay, might save him from any more wiki vandalism XD

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
(sorry Youko but I have to say you got NINTEND-OWNED!!!)
thats funny stuff, but onto the topic at hand, i'm a lot more pissed about this delay then the 2/10

because you could expect a delay then, and we were further away from release (in amount of days until the release at the current time) then we are now, we were only like 3 1/2 weeks until release

also i can understand the first delay, but now its just like wtf, why japan only a week, and U.S. a month, i mean honestly sakurai get your fukcin shti together

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
The delay is no big to deal to me. Because of the predictions I have seen posted, I am not anticipating Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I do not like how Fire Emblem is being represented.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
The first delay didn't bother me in the least. They realized the game needed more polish and decided to perfect it instead of allowing the final product to suffer just so they could reach the Christmas rush in America. That's a good thing. I certainly didn't want a game that I might very well still be playing a decade from now to be less than it could have been for such a short-term benefit.

This time, though, Japan only gets a one-week delay and we get a month. There is no possibility of the final product changing at all, and it simply makes no sense. What are the three extra weeks for? What benefit are they to anyone? It just seems pointless and stupid. Like it was somehow done out of spite or something. I'm hardly foaming at the mouth like most people seem to be, though.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
When I heard about this delay, I was very mad because I'm just getting sick and tired of delaying this game. Yes, I know everyone wants to paly now and stuff but I suppose we all have to do our part and be patient. I just hope that we don't get any more delays.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
the first delay was also right before EforAll so we had a chance to play it really close to the delay. Plus we were getting really close. It was like less than 25 days. The other one was still far enough off that it didn't feel like it was almost here. This time it was like, the hype was building it's almost here than Bam.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
The only thing that pisses me off is the fact that Japan gets it so much earlier then us. I think that is ridiculous and I dont understand why it has to be like that.

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
i didn't mind so much for the first delay because i thought that it could just be that they needed more time to work on the game ..but this new one sounds like NOA wanted more time to advertise ..makes me wish i had the ability to hate people to death

Top Bottom