• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate this Salamence?

drcossack

Smash Ace
Done in an IV Calc:

Gentle Nature

HP IV: 19 [18 ~ 20] 48%
Attack IV: 7 [6 ~ 8] 44%
Defense IV: 30 [30 ~ 31] 97%
Sp.Atk IV: 29 [28 ~ 30] 48%
Sp.Def IV: 30 [30 ~ 31] 97%
Speed IV: 25 [24 ~ 26] 48%

Not sure how to improve the HP & attack IV's.

I've done so much breeding trying to get good IV's in all stats that I'm ready to toss my DS against the wall. :laugh:

drcossack

Smash Ace
Don't think I have one, actually (on Leafgreen, anyway. I need to check Emerald.)

Is there one in Pearl? I can easily import it tomorrow morning.

It's supposed to be a Specs Mence, but it has a 3rd Gen moveset of:

Flamethrower
Dragon Claw (I'm replacing this w/Dragon pulse right now)
Aerial Ace
Bite

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
According to serebii, everstone can be found in: Snowpoint City, The Underground, Wild Geodude and Graveler

Standard Specsmence is:
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

Preferably modest, although timid isn't bad. Using the everstone you shouldn't have much trouble getting a modest one.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I've got a Modest 'Mence, need to get an Everstone. As far as Snowpoint: It's not in the Regigigas Temple, is it? I have no reason to go there since I don't have the Regis from Hoenn.

I'll start EV training once I figure out my AR (so I can do it the easy way w/a Wild Pokemon modifier code.)

Seraphim

Smash Rookie
If I'm correct, you can get the Everstone from Snowpoint from a girl in a house there.

titus

Smash Journeyman
yeah, you can trade the girl a medicham for her haunter, and so it doesnt evolve it has an everstone. you can catch medicham around snowpoint. and your salamence has to be a girl for this trick with the everstone to work.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Everstone copies the Mother's Nature, then?

I've got a Modest Female 'Mence, so here's hoping for good IV's.

D

Deleted member

Everstone copies the Mother's Nature, then?

I've got a Modest Female 'Mence, so here's hoping for good IV's.
So i suppose it is gonna be an unorthodox speacial sweeper
to breed, you need a mother with everstone
keep breeeding until you get two with better iv stats than the mother or father and same natures
switch with the mother and father and start breeding again
Go on and on until you get perfect iv stats

i do howeve sugesst a timid with specs

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Modest makes a lot of 3HKOs 2HKOs, and a lot of 2HKOs turn into OHKOs, as well. You can't get that power with timid, and a lot of stuff is going to outspeed you anyway, even with timid (a lot of garchomp have been running jolly, I noticed, so if you were trying to outspeed it, you would probably fail). In adv, a lot of the +s/atk natures were used over the +spd ones for this very reason. Even though there was valuable stuff you could outspeed with the +spd, in the end getting those kills was the more important thing.

D

Deleted member

Modest makes a lot of 3HKOs 2HKOs, and a lot of 2HKOs turn into OHKOs, as well. You can't get that power with timid, and a lot of stuff is going to outspeed you anyway, even with timid (a lot of garchomp have been running jolly, I noticed, so if you were trying to outspeed it, you would probably fail). In adv, a lot of the +s/atk natures were used over the +spd ones for this very reason. Even though there was valuable stuff you could outspeed with the +spd, in the end getting those kills was the more important thing.
however, choice specs increases anyways. and your better off using choiceband salamence at jolly with a good move(such as outrage if it learns it)

everyone is going to have an icebeamer or two and their usually decent fast. starmie being mine. although you will never outrun mine, you probably could outrun more of the other slower ones if you had jolly or timid. And where the heck did you hear that in adv that they preferred sp/attck over speed.
Anyways you might as well use choice specs, or i guarantee it wont take a hit

Top Bottom