• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sylveon
Chance: 0% - If we were to get a playable character from the popular Eevee family, then it would be Eevee itself (Even then, the odds are pretty much zero).
Want: 7% - My least favourite Eeveelution to date.

Anthony prediction: 3% - I don't think we will even (cue rimshot) remember him. :(

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina team x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
YAY! Slime is no longer in the bottom 5 for likelihood!

Sylveon:

Chance: 0%
If we get one eeveelution they'll be asking for them all... She's a can of worms best left unopened.

Want: 65%
There are two major factors to this.
1. I love non-humanoid fighting characters.. the vast majority of life on our planet is single celular and amorphous, common animals we see are normally quadrupeds, and there are estimated to be more SPECIES of insects in the world than human beings... and video games only seem to show humanoids... it saddens me, and almost any fictional character without human-like form is instantly cool by me.
2. Shoko-tan's reaction on Pokémon Smash (or whatever is replacing it) would be hilarious.
As for Sylveon as a character I think she'd be a poor choice, both game play and in terms of actual slot worth.

Anthony Higgs: 2.2%
I try not to remember him... or his game...

Tails*3
Knuckles*2

(gotta keep things balanced!)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Sylveon

A lot of it has been said...

Popularity and Relevancy: Sylveon hasn't had a movie, and isn't the best suited for being a character - it would seem strange to me to have only one of Eevee's evolutions in the game, rather than Eevee itself using some combination of moves from across its various forms, or something along those lines. Seems likely to be one of the more popular Pokemon out there, especially considering the Eevee line is generally popular, but that doesn't necessarily put it at the level of Mewtwo or Lucario or whoever.

Design: Fairy type moves I guess? I don't really know what that means, so...

Roster and Competition: And there's a lot of competition for the Pokemon slot(s). Mewtwo and Zoroark being the most prominent.

Legal issues/marketing: GameFreak has a lot of say. I don't see why Sylveon would be the one they'd want for marketing purposes, personally.

Sylveon chances: 0.5%

Sylveon want: 20%
Meh.

Anthony Higgs prediction: 3.8%

Nominations:
Mike Jones x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sylveon:

Chance: 5%
Not impossible, but definitely improbable. Mewtwo will likely be the Gen 6 rep.

Want: 25%
Could be interesting.

Anthony Higgs Prediction: 4.75%

Nominations:
Magnus x2

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I came here because Fairies.

6%

Want: 70%

I think it would be really cool to see a Fairy Type Pokemon in Smash action. Then again Genesect would be cool because he's a bug/steel. All urepped types get me excited, but Fairy does the most. :3

Muh baby Tharja gets all my votes.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sylveon's chances: 1% - Yeah, I don't see it happening.
Want: 0% - Nah.

Anthony Higgs prediction: 3%

Andy x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sylveon's chances: 38%
I feel like this is our Pokemon wildcard. If we get a Pokemon newcomer, it'll be this gal or Genesect. If Gamefreak has any say over it, they'll most likely pick Sylveon due to new gen advertisements. Of course, it comes down to if we'll get a Pokemon newcomer.

Chances: 85%
FAIRIES!

Predicting 4% for Higgs

x5 nomz Toon Zelda

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Sylveon

Chance: 1%
Eevee's past evolutions have never been playable (or even pokeballs) in past games. Why start now? This is not even a debate. It won't be in. Who nominated this pokemon again?

Want: 0%
I don't like quadrupeds in games like these. Its why i never play as Ivysaur. The only fairy pokemon that i want is JIGGLYPUFF.

Anthony prediction: 3%
who the fuzz is this? Seriously.....

x5 Pauline (Super Mario Bros)

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Sylveon
Chance 0%: Sylveon has less chance then mewtwo, lucario, kalos trainer, genesect, zoroark, and meowth, why?? there are a lot of factors

1.) Slots. Pokemon has a lot of competition with itself

2.) Might be to recent

3.) Sylveon isnt all that popular... I know a lot people people hate her

4) Jigglypuff is already a fairy...

5) why wasnt umbreon in melee, dark type was new then?

Want 0%: probably my least favorite eeveloution. Much better pokemon out there. would honestly be really angry if she was in

Anthony 3%

Nominations

King k. rool x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Sylveon: 1.1%
How can Sylveon PUNCH if HE HAS NO ARMS?!? But really, Sylveon does seem pretty hard to implement at least to me.

Want: 2%
With Jigglypuff getting a type change in Gen 6 (as well as 2 Links), Smash Bros has probably met its Fairy-type quota already.

Anthony Higgs: 1.95%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Sylveon

Likelihood: 2% - I have no idea who all these new-fangled Pokemon are...back in my day we only had Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard! But seriously, even I know this ain't happening..
Want: 0% - So much NOPE. Looks almost as lame as Jigglypuff, no offence.

Anthony Higgs: 5%

Nomz:
Ninten x5
Isaac x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Sylveon gets a 0.10% from me. Other than the ones we have rated, there are several Pokemon with a higher chance. We haven't rated Victini, Pichu, Darkrai, Deoxys, Meloetta, Dragonite, Plusle & Minun (most of whom haven't a chance but still a higher chance than Sylveon), or trainers like N or Giovanni.

This is just a fun Eevee idea that I don't think is likely whatsover. An Eevee with weak, standard attacks. You can evolve Eevee into any one of its Eeveelutions (you select via a wheel that comes up when you hit B, side-B, or down-B). It then stays in that form until you get KO'd and you respawn as Eevee. All Eeveelutions have similar attacks with different stats, side effects, and flavors. They are essentially flavored clones, so while it'd still be a difficult character to create, it wouldn't be stealing nine roster slots. All forms of Eevee, including Eevee would have Swift as an Up-B recovery. Side-B could be a dash attack, Down-B some kind of energy release, standard B, could be unique for each one? A, Smash, and aerial attacks could be various pounces and swipes. Jolteon could be faster and lighter, with electric damage. Flareon could have high attack power and firey damage. Vaporeon could take less knockback to represent high HP and do watery damage. Etc, etc.

I think a more likely Eevee idea would have just a couple of Eeveelutions (Umbreon, Espeon, Sylveon?) with this idea OR just allow you to summon one or all of them for Final Smash. I think Eevee in general has stayed relevant and popular enough to garner maybe a 5-10% chance. It's probably worth rating in the future.

predict: 5.5%

Victini x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sylveon

Chance - 0.0001% - Anything she could do, Jigglypuff should also be able to do. With competition so tight, I'd think were more likely to see a retooled Jiggly than Sylveon.

Want - 30% - Not interested in her, and I'm starting to think that Brawl + Mewtwo would be enough.

Anthony Higgs Prediction - 1.5% - Ridley's going to eat his chances for Breakfast.

Now the nominations of both merchants stand at x101
Sorry to be the breaker of bad news, buuut....

As of the last tally, Tom Nook's score would be 102 to Anna's 107. Assuming nobody else is voting for either, even if you would vote for him five times every time, you'd still trail as I'd be voting for Anna five times to keep the "Ephraim = Anna" deal I have with Fastblade. Tell you what, though. So it doesn't feel like you wasted your turn, I'll make it so as if you voted for Tom Nook X5 and I voted Anna X5, OK?

(At this rate, I might as well become the official negotiator of the boards.)

Nominations
Anna X4
Tom Nook X1

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Sylveon

Chance- 0%- Jiggles is a fairy type now, but even then there's little chance due to too much competition.
Want- 0%- Would rather have Genesect.

Anthony Higgs prediction: 7%- Some people seem to think he has a chance for some reason.

Nominations:
Dark Samus x3
Mallo x2

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Sylveon

Chances: 1%- There's always the sliver of a chance.

Want: 0%- I didn't like it when it first appeared, still don't like it. I think I'll pass.

Anthony Higgs

Prediction: 11%- I'd love to see this happen.
Nominating...
Tom Nook X5- Because I find a loan shark far more threatening than the likes of Ganondorf and Ridley.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sylveon
Chances: 5%
Not a lot of gen 6 options. Being a Fairy type gives it a boost, but not much. Unlike other Eevee evolutions, it appears to have come alone. Despite no arms, it could easily perform the way Ivysaur does.
Want: 50%
Another gen besides Gen 1!
Prediction: Anthony Higgs 9.58%
Nominations:
Tom Nook x 5. Because SSB4 needs more villains.

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh dear... that awkward moment when Sandbag would be beating Sylveon if it weren't for ThatWasPeachy.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to compare Sylveon's day to Owain's and Sandbag's! Hahaha! This ought to be interesting!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Oh dear... that awkward moment when Sandbag would be beating Sylveon if it weren't for ThatWasPeachy.

lol

Sylveon
Chances: 20 %
It needs arms. :p
Want: 40%
I guess it'd be interesting to have Sylveon as an addition, but I wouldn't be too upset if that wasn't the case.

Anthony Higgs: 3% (I don't even know who he is...)

(Re)nomination:
Robin from Fire emblem 13 x 4. A character who could use both swords and magic would mix things up.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Sylveon!!!
Chance: 3%
The "big 5" is really in the way of Sylveon. I can easily see Sylveon making it if Sakurai wants a fairy type in the game to promote the new Pokemon type. But now MEGA EVOLUTIONS! How can he PICK which one to represent!? Maybe both. I highly doubt it. Seeing how Jigglypuff already will represent Fairy types, this is only a small chance.

Want: 95%
Defiantly on my top 10 most wanted newcomers list. I believe Pokemon should represent Fairy types by adding a newcomer into smash 4. I also believe they should add a mega evolution to the game by bringing Mewtwo back with mega Mewtwo like Zelda and Sheik. Sylveon is more current than Zoroark, who is also competing. It would be weird to add Zoroark to the game because he could only be a 5th gen rep.

Prediction for Anthony: 6.43%
I have no clue...

Nominations:
Little Mac x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well, wouldn't you know! Turns out this place has internet! Though I might not log in as often nor as long as I use to. It kinda gets awkward here, with so many people staring at me. Someone started poking at the screen and asked me why Roy had shades and a 'stache...

Quick Sylveon
Likelihood: 1% - Really, I'm expecting six Pokemon slots: the Brawl 4, Mewtwo, and someone else. Said someone could be anyone, including but perhaps not limited to Sylveon, Zoroark, Genesect, and even Meowth. They're all pretty unlikely, though Sylveon seems to be among the least likely. She's just too recent and the fact she's fairy type doesn't do jack, since she now has Jiggly as a competitor.
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Anthony Higgs
Prediction: 4.3% - Does anyone remember him?

Nominations
Not in the mood for Sukapon puns now x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Sylveon

Chance: 4%
Good choice because fairies, bad choice because not "big 5" and no overrepresentation.

Want: 5%
Meh...

Anthony Higgs: 1.83%

Nominations:
Anna x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Sylveon: 7% But... But... MUH RECENCY
Want: 10% uggghhh I don't like eeveelutions in general and she doesn't help
Anthony: 2.3% MUH SEMI-RECENCY
Omastar x2
Bulborb x2
Wonder-Red x1

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Day six of zeroes. Can we ever escape?

Sylveon - 0%
Sylveon has two things going for it: it's a Gen VI Pokemon, and is of the new Fairy type. Problem is, Mewtwo already fills the void for Gen VI and is highly likely to be in, while Jigglypuff is a Fairy type and is almost guaranteed to be in. Where does that leave Sylveon? A Pokeball appearance, maybe, and I'm pretty sure being the eighth Eeveelution isn't enough to get it any further.
Want - 5% - A bit of percentage because Eeveelution. Still ultra low because there are other Pokemon I'd far rather have.

Anthony Higgs - 0.75%
The weirdest part about today's candidate is that tomorrow's looks like it'll do even worse.

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Sylveon
Likelihood: 1%

Want: 10%

Anthony Higgs
Prediction: 2%

Nominations:
Majora's Mask Link x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Sylveon: 0%
Pros
  1. She is in gen VI (+5%)
Cons
  1. She has no arms (-0.5%)
  2. Competition from: Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark(ish) (-4%)
  3. She is not all that popular (-0.5%)
Want: 0% ugh... if she got in over Mewtwo/Lucario/Zoroark/Genesect ect. I would be enraged

Anthony Higgs (Do you remember me?): 6%

x5 Toad

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Sylveon chance: 0.01%
Why? Just, why?

Sylveon want: 0%
There are much better Pokémon that could take its place.

Anthony Higgs prediction: 6.54%
He was one of my favourite characters in any Nintendo game although I am seeing a lot of people who are too lazy to research before giving a low prediction score based on lack of knowledge about the character.

Black Shadow x1
Tom Nook x1
Funky Kong x1
Ephraim x1
Groose x1
I'm not too sure who to throw five nominations at every day now that tomorrow is Anthony's day.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Sylveon
Likelihood: 1% Insignificant, unfeasible Pokemon. IT is one in 8 eeveelutions, so I really don't see Slyveon beating any of it's other evolutions, Eevee itself, a fifth gen rep, or Meowth.
Want: 0% I'd rather have a Dunsparce.

Anthony Higgs: 1% (WE ARE THE ONE PERCENT)

Sukapon x5

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Mind showing me where Ivysaur's arms are?
Ivysaur's vines work as his arms, and that's why he's feasible. The only thing that would change the "no arms" thing for Sylveon if it's shown that Sylveon's ribbons could work as appendages. That would give it a tiny boost in likelihood.

Sylveon:

Chance: 25% (good Gen 6 rep)
Want: 20% (would be cool)

Anthony Higgs:

Chance: 10% (rough competition, namely Ridley but Adam Malkovich is there too)
Want: 5% (could be interesting)

Nominations:

Elite Beat Agents x2
Hoenn Trainer x2
Adam Malkovich x1

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ivysaur's vines work as his arms, and that's why he's feasible. The only thing that would change the "no arms" thing for Sylveon if it's shown that Sylveon's ribbons could work as appendages. That would give it a tiny boost in likelihood.
Any reason why those ribbons can't act as arms?

Ivysaur's never used those vines to grab anything in a Pokemon game. What makes this any different?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sylveon
Likelihood: 2%
Negligible chance of being playable, honestly. There is just too much competition from Mewtwo, Lucario, Zoroark and Genesect, not to mention that it doesn't even have it's own movie. It seems like a shoo-in for a pokéball though.

Want: 5%
Nah....

Anthony Higgs prediction: 9%
God damn if Diddy whines here again. :glare:

Fawful x 5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances 3%, has appeared notably in advertisements, but is a part of a group that collectively can't be represented easily in Smash and faces fierce competition with the Pokémon veterans, Zoroark, and even Genesect who have more support to them.

Want-0% Not interested.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Sylveon

Chance: 1% - Not likely by any means.

Want: 50% - Maybe if it was a part of a hypothetical Gen 6 trainer.

Anthony Higgs Prediction: 9.50% - There will be a certain someone who'll give him a high score.:smirk:

Nominations:
Rhythm Monkey x5

Forde

Smash Cadet
Sylveon

Chance 5%: There are so many better Pokemon reps that should come before Sylveon.

Want: 5% Same as above.

Anthony Higgs Prediction: 10%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Sylveon

Chance: 3 %
Has been advertised so it has a tiny chance. However it has too much competition to be a real contender.

Want: 5 %
Least favourite eeveelution.

Anthony Higgs: 5.8 %

Nominations
Daisy x 5 (Super Mario)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sylveon:

Likelihood: 1% - Not only is it very doubtful that we're getting a Pokémon newcomer, but Sylveon most definitely isn't first in that line.

Want: 0%

Anthony Prediction: 3% - I've been looking forward to decapitate this guy. I hope people are sane enough to see that he has no chance too.

Nominations:
5x Toad.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Any reason why those ribbons can't act as arms?

Ivysaur's never used those vines to grab anything in a Pokemon game. What makes this any different?
Dude, so you're completely ignoring how bulbasaur used them in the anime series? Great argument bro =P I never saw that eeveelution short but maybe just maybe that has our answer =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom