• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's like Falco's trying to break Fox apart and change my favorite game "Star Fox" into "Star Pheasant"
Just a random thing I kinda want to bring up is that in Star Fox Command, one of the multiple endings was Falco making a rival gang to Star Fox and called it "Star Falco." :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Falco:
Likelihood: 99%
He is shoo-in. Not much to say here really.

Want: 100%
He's one of secondaries. His brash and arrogant nature attracted me. :p

"Predicting Bomberman isn't worth the trouble." : 12%

"Hands off my nominations!"
Kamek x 5
(C'mon legendofrob, we can do it. :smirk::p)

I've noticed Falco progressively stealing Fox's old moves since Melee... I'm starting to hate Falco in my life :(

It's like Falco's trying to break Fox apart and change my favorite game "Star Fox" into "Star Pheasant"
I lol'd at this. :laugh:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Falco
Likelihood: 66.67%
I can see Falco's absence justifiable, however, he's been there since Melee. Fox's Luigi
Want: 75%
My least favorite of the trio, but, I still like the character

Bomberman
Prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Falco:
Aside from my personal like from the character, Falco is pretty important to Star Fox as Fox's Lancer and right hand man. Without him, Andross actually gets away in Star Fox 64. Smash has been sidekicks and other protagonists before villains and rivals, so I don't see them cutting Falco before Wolf. (See Mario and Luigi, Donkey Kong and Diddy, Link and Zelda, Pikachu and Jigglypuff, etc). The secondary protagonist has always come first. And they would never cut both Falco and Wolf. I think all characters from Melee that made it to Brawl will be back.
Likelihood: 99%
In FE Terms: Always do this attack in Fire Emblem. If you miss, it means the game and RNG hates you. Which has happened to me before.

Falco is an awesome character. He is the only member I can stand from the Star Fox team in 64. He also is very fun to play as. If I ever played competitively for Brawl or Melee, I would use Falco.
Bomberman: 11.5% He technically started as Hudson, but now he's Konami. That hurts his chances. But he is only one of a few icons that has the merits for Smash.

Nominations:
Slime x 2: The Tear Drop that sky rockets across the world!
Mach Rider x3

Just wondering why did people over-estimate Falco's chance of returning? (I'm referring to some people who input 96-100%)
It's simple. Wolf gets cut first due to the what I've posted above. And I doubt Sakurai would cut two of Starfox's characters.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Falco Lombardi eh?

Likelihood: 99% I see no reason why he shouldn't get in. He's practically Fox's partner, and it would just be shrinking a series in the number of reps, and theres no reason to replace him either.

Want: 100% Theres no denying Falco is awesome. At least I can't deny that.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
It's simple. Wolf gets cut first due to the what I've posted above. And I doubt Sakurai would cut two of Starfox's characters.
Wolf technically never got cut from any Smash games... Sakurai was considering to include him in Melee but he was later dropped until Brawl.

I could just as well say that you are underestimating his chances. :upsidedown:
If % was 60 or less I would have underestimated it.

80% is about right, considering he's the clone of Fox, and considering that Melee fallens are mostly clones.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Wolf technically never got cut from any Smash games... Sakurai was considering him in Mele later dropped him until Brawl.

80% is about right, considering he's the clone of Fox, and considering that Melee fallens are mostly clones.
I'm saying for Smash 4, Wolf would get cut first.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Falco
Likelihood: 98%
want: 75%
i really see no good reason for him to leave. he was never one of my favorites but i would still be dissapointed if he was gone

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Falco: 100%
I can't fathom why he would be cut.

Wolf would be on the chopping block before Falco.

He's cool. And not cuts.

Bomberman Prediction: 7%
His chances aren't very good...

Nominations:
Snake x3
Mr. Game & Watch
Wolf

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Falco
Chance: 99%
Hes easily been one of the most used characters since his debut in the series. Anyone who thinks he would be dropped in favor of a new Star Fox rep (*ahem* Krystal) when there have been no new Star Fox games is just nuts!
Want: 50%
I really could care less about him.

Bomberman Prediction: 10%

Nominations: Duck Hunt Dog 5x

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Well, that was the transition from MELEE to BRAWL. Here's the transition from BRAWL to SHOWDOWN or SSB4 or WHATEVER WE'RE CALLING THE NEXT GAME FOR SHORT.

And besides, Falco has develop several (though not glaring) changes in Brawl to the point he's portrayed as a semi-clone, and might even get changed even more in SSB4. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the most likable characters of the Star Fox series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Falco time!

Likelihood: 100%
Simple as that. Falco's not going anywhere.

I'd prefer not to have cuts.

Prediction for Bomberman: 2.34%

Nominating Mr. Game and Watch x5

Forde

Smash Cadet
Falco

Chances 95%

Want 90%

As a 2 game veteran, I can't see him getting cut. He's pretty popular and generally a very competitive character. I can easily see him returning to SSB4.

Bomberman Prediction: 15%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Falco
Likelihood: 98% - He's not going anywhere. Simple as that.
Want: 100% - Love the character, love the surliness, love the playstyle.

Bomberman
Prediction: 13% - Has some loyal fans, but poor guy isn't likely by much...

Nominations
Meowth x5

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Well, that was the transition from MELEE to BRAWL. Here's the transition from BRAWL to SHOWDOWN or SSB4 or WHATEVER WE'RE CALLING THE NEXT GAME FOR SHORT.

And besides, Falco has develop several (though not glaring) changes in Brawl to the point he's portrayed as a semi-clone, and might even get changed even more in SSB4. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the most likable characters of the Star Fox series.
Yes I am aware of his Melee and Brawl status and he's getting less clone, but still... %'s too high, especially that some people start to giving him % with two zeroes in. -_-

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Falco
Likelihood: 95% I believe all characters who were in Melee and Brawl should return, but a tiny, TINY part of me thinks Sakurai will remove Falco instead of Wolf (God forbid)
Want: 100% I mained him for a bit, and like him more than Wolf.

Bomberman: 10%

Duck Hunt Dog x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There will be cuts and he's not confirmed yet.

Your turn
I view Falco to have the same status as Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus. Those characters are not confirmed and there will be cuts.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Falco
Chance: 90% - This classic smash character isn't going anywhere.
Want: 44% - I wouldn't miss him.

Bomberman prediction: 10%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Well, I don't know, lol. He said he don't have time to bring all characters back implying the cut(s) WILL happen in some ways.
yeah I assume it's out of Lucario, Ike, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Toon Link, Sonic etc. I don't think any franchise will get two cuts this time around. Except maybe Pokemon if the Pokemon company asks for something.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Falco - 95%
He's one of two Fox clones, sure, yet he survived the mass cut of clones from Melee to Brawl and enjoys quite a bit of popularity. He could theoretically be cut if Sakurai cuts even more clones and think he's less worthy of inclusion than Wolf, but I'd say at this point he feels like something of a Smash staple. Would be a shock if he didn't show up.
Want - 25% - I don't care much for him, personally, but it is what it is.

Bomberman - 15%
Yeah, I have no idea how this one will go.

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Falco
Chance: 95% There will be some cuts, and if one of those happens to be a Star Fox cut, I'm almost certain it'd be Wolf. Falco's got seniority, that's really all there is to it.
Want: 60% Don't want any cuts, except Toon Link, and even then it's more of an indifference than wanting him cut. However, I never personally liked Falco, and would very much prefer Wolf to stay if we lost one of the two, considering he's got the more unique moveset. If Falco was gone, I'd be a little upset, sure, but I'd get over it very quickly.

Predict Bomberman: 7.38%
Nominate Mona x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Lafco Bomlardi

Chance: 89%
Really has no reason to go.

No cuts pl0x

Bomberman: 1.76%

Noms:
Ephraim x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Falco:
Chance: 97%
Falco is a two time veteran, a ridiculously popular secondary character, and always a popular choice for competitive players. Cutting Falco would be a massive kick to the face of the Starfox fans, and frankly it's not happening. I'd have given a 100% chance but I don't like to tempt fate that much.

Want: 50%
That being said, I personally have no ties to him at all, and "Pursonly I prefer da" Wolf out of the three Starfox reps. With any luck neither will be cut and everyone can be happy. Except maybe Krystal fans.

Bomberman: 8%
Predicting a larger sum for Want for Bomberman, but he's got to contend with Snake who is far more likely to return AND Simon Belmont who has a strong history with Nintendo for a Konami rep so his chances are going to be annoyingly low.

Nomination time:
Meowth X 5 as per usual!

But wa-wait...a sec...

YoshiandToad and FreshlyBakedCookies solved the ouzzle of Layton's score and will receive five extra nominations apiece.
I actually got one right? It took me the full month(I joined on Toad's first day), but I got one right. I'm getting all teary eyed.

Second nomination...

Duck Hunt Dog X 5!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Falco:

Likelihood: 100% - Super fan favorite character, Wolf will go before he does, and Fox will most definitely not be left alone.

Bomberman 5%

Nominations:
5x Snake

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Falco

Chance: 97 %
He's almost guaranteed. His only chance not to be included is:
- Krystal joins and Wolf stays for some reason

Want: 45 %
I always thought of him as pretty boring. He never brought anything new to Smash and still people really like him. I guess his moveset is pretty okay, but he is a luigified clone.

Prediction Bomberman: 11.6 %

Nominations:
Mr. Game and Watch x 5

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Instead, Fox had to give up some moves to Falco, too, that's something I've never ever seen anyone else has done to the unique characters.
...What? Fox has been pretty much the same in every game, albeit some attack properties. Fox never lost any of his moves to Falco, Falco just copied Fox and then became a bit more unique.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
...What? Fox has been pretty much the same in every game, albeit some attack properties. Fox never lost any of his moves to Falco, Falco just copied Fox and then became a bit more unique.
Well, not moves in whole, only animations/hitboxes. Some Falco's moves feels like 64/Melee Fox to me.

Good example: If Melee Ganondorf kept some of his own moves from Captain Falcon then Captain Falcon won't feel like he is himself anymore.

Erm, Swift Fox, why are you liking each and every post in the thread? :?
Interesting reads and sane %

Is that bad?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, not moves in whole, only animations/hitboxes. Some Falco's moves feels like 64/Melee Fox to me.

Good example: If Melee Ganondorf kept some of his own moves from Captain Falcon then Captain Falcon won't feel like he is himself anymore.
Really? I find it the opposite. Ganondorf doesn't feel like himself if he's just copying Cap's moves. The only character that copies others moves whilst feeling totally true to himself is Kirby(obviously)

In the case of Falco; what else could you give him to make him different I guess?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Falco:

Chance: 85 %
He's got seniority over Wolf, and Smash so far has prioritized the secondary protagonists over villains e.g. Luigi before Bowser, Diddy before K Rool. Wolf is a bit less clone-y, so there's a small chance he could edge out Falco. But there's nothing stopping Sakurai from differentiating Falco more if he truly cares about making the Star Fox fighters different from each other.

Want: 95 %
He's my favorite character in Melee and one of my favorites in Brawl. The only reason he's not 100% is because I much prefer his character in Star Fox 64 than in the later games and in Brawl.

Bomberman: 5 %

Nominations:
Wolf x 5

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Really? I find it the opposite. Ganondorf doesn't feel like himself if he's just copying Cap's moves.
Uhh... what? Non-Smash Ganondorf or what? Sorry if I don't understand you.

I was using Melee Ganondorf as an example. If there were Melee Ganondorf with some new moves in Brawl and Captain Falcon also got several new moves.

That's exactly what Falco did to Fox.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Really? I find it the opposite. Ganondorf doesn't feel like himself if he's just copying Cap's moves. The only character that copies others moves whilst feeling totally true to himself is Kirby(obviously)

In the case of Falco; what else could you give him to make him different I guess?
as far as specials are concerned he could use a few of the other weapons from Assault or something. like let's say his side special is changed to the Sniper Rifle or the homing launcher. idk just an idea. his Final Smash def has to change though

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
as far as specials are concerned he could use a few of the other weapons from Assault or something. like let's say his side special is changed to the Sniper Rifle or the homing launcher. idk just an idea. his Final Smash def has to change though
Why his Final Smash wasn't some kind of airwing assault in the first place is anyone's guess frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom