• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Goku - 0%
There are plausible retros, and then there's this guy. He's painfully obscure outside of Japan, and I can't see Sakurai picking out a character who is just one of many cliched Monkey King adaptations in Japanese media. Better to use a retro who is, at minimum, a uniquely Nintendo character.
Want - 0% - Waste of a slot.

Wolf - 90%
Given key reveals in Toon Link and Lucario, I think its safe to say at this point that if you were playable in Brawl, you're almost certainly going to be playable in SSB4. Maybe Snake is still questionable and certain characters like Wolf here and Lucas could still theoretically get the axe for not bringing enough to the table, but really, any cut now would be a big surprise. I'm going to knock off a little rating for reasonable doubt and/or a Sonic/Mewtwo situation, but really, I think he's safe.
Want - 50% - Fairly indifferent to his inclusion, but as a whole I liked the Brawl roster and am content with any Brawl veterans returning.

Grovyle Prediction - 0.4%
I'm expecting lots of zeroes and maybe a couple charitable ratings from supporters.

King K. Rool Prediction - 77%
He rose a couple points last time we rerated him, so given Tropical Freeze didn't shake up the game much, let's say he raises a couple points again.

Nominations
Midna x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
(Hey! I managed to get predictions up before anyone else posted this time!)
Yuyuki Goku's chances: 0.5% - This is a very obscure choice for a retro character.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Wolf's chances: 90% - I still feel like he's in more danger than Falco...but I don't see either of them leaving, really. I think Star Fox is staying as it was in Brawl.
Want: 90% - I've significantly warmed up to him since the last rating (I gave him a 60%). I can't give him a prefect score because if for some reason one of the space animals has to be cut I would honestly prefer if he left and Falco stayed, but if possible I want both to return.

Grovyle prediction: 0.24% - He's not going to get many - if any - high scores tomorrow, and a lot of zeroes.
King K. Rool prediction: 70.24% - I have a feeling he'll drop a bit this time.

Takamaru x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Goku Likelihood: 0%
Want: 1%

Wolf Likelihood: 80%
Want: 50%

Grovyle: 1.05%
K. Rool: 69.55%

Unlockable Newcomers x5

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Not going to rate Goku because I don't think it's fair to his character because I've never heard of him.

Wolf Chance: 99% - Why remove a main antagonist from an all out fighting game? There is no real reason to cut him besides possibly time constraints, which doesn't seem like an issue at this point. Get rid of Wolf to include Krystal because she has a better moveset potential? Wolf may not have a unique moveset, but that could easily be changed. I mean we have already seen some big overhauls to some characters, so why get rid of one Star Fox character for a less important one? That being said, Krystal would fit better as a newcomer for SSB5 if a new Star Fox comes out by then, but until then keep it as Fox/Falco/Wolf with some moveset alterations.

Wolf want: 40%

Grovyle: 0.28%
King K. Rool: 71.23%

Sandbag x5

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Goku - 2%

VERY obscure retro character from a Japan only game, plus competition from other retros such as Lip are his main obstacles.

Want - 50%

Indifferent.

Wolf - 97%

I feel he is slightly less safe than Falco only due to having been added to the franchise after him. His importance, popularity as well as not being a Fox clone are his pros. His cons are being introduced in Brawl and being low priority in that game. But hey, Toon Link was also low priority in Brawl, and then he was one of the first veterans (the first Zelda series veteran) to be revealed for SSB4 after it's first trailer. Even if Sakurai thinks it is important to have a younger Link on the roster, I still think a formerly low priority character being revealed so early this time around means good things for Wolf. (and Jigglypuff) And then there are all of his other pros that I mentioned. I think it's safe to say Wolf will be returning.

Want - 100%

Haven't played any Starfox games, but Wolf is a great character, and has a great moveset. Yes please!

Grovyle Prediction - 7.12%

K. Rool Prediction - 80.52%

2 DK newcomers x5.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Goku: 0% Chance / 0% Want
idk who it is

Wolf: 55% Chance / 75% Want
Last in, first out (should the need arise) imo. No cuts is cool though.

5x Athena Cykes

WOAH she's at 75 nomz already. Thanks to those of you who got her up this high (I swear last time I looked she was at like 50 o.O).

The Cykes Brigade is ready to rock!

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Yuyuki - 0%
Wolf - 95%

predict Grovyle - 0.15%
King K. Rool - 70%

Junpei (999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors) x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Goku

I can see it now.... wait no i can't.
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%

Wolf

Veteran status and one of the few true villains we actually have. I would be extremely disappointed to see him leave. I also do not like cuts of any kind except for Pokemon Trainer. Unfortunately, he is in my belief one of the few characters that are not as necessary, making him being cut a slim possibility.
Chance: 95%
Want: 100%

Grovyle: 0.14%
King K Rool: 79%

Nominations:
Vaati x4
Lupus (Jet Force Gemini) x1

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Goku: 0%

Wolf: 90% He's not getting replaced with avatar she fox!
Want 100%
1. He's a wolf and if you haven't noticed, there's a reason why a wolf is my avatar. THEY'RE FREAKING AWESOME!
2. He is the man animal that spawned a thousand meme photos.
3. He's got the coolest personality of all 3 Star Fox members.
4. He an anti-hero and I'm all about anti-heroes.
5. He has the best taunts in the game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Goku:
Likelihood: 0%
He's a pretty obscure retro, almost completely unknown outside of Japan, and there are far better retros to choose from.

Want: 10%
The initial reactions will be hilarious, and I kind of like his design, but in the long run, it'll probably be a waste of a slot.

Wolf:
Likelihood: 90%
I'm pretty confident in a no-cuts scenario at the moment.

I don't use him at all, but my brother loves him and his playstyle. Can't let you cut him, Sakurai!

Grovyle prediction: 3.5%
No idea how this will go.

King K. Rool prediction: 82%
There has been a general rise in optimism about his chances when the last Direct passed without a mention of Dixie. So, I think there will be a little rise.

Bowser's Castle Stage x 10

By the way, I'll update the chance chart tomorrow after K. Rool is done tomorrow. To all Pac-fans, sorry for my laziness. :p

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Goku:
Chances: 0.1%
Not one of Sakurai's beloved retros.
I love the myth it's based on.

Wolf:
Chances: 75%
Perhaps we will get no cuts but I'm sticking to this prediction.
Want: 75%
Same as above.

Nomination:
Akari Hayami x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Goku
Chance: 3%

To be honest it's only that high because of how Sakurai likes to troll the fanbase. Not that I can blame him. Having been on the receiving end of Miiverse demands to include barely relevant characters to my series I'd be tempted to troll the crap out of them and include THIS Goku.

Not that I feel THAT bad for Sakurai. He opened the floodgates to requests like these the moment he decided to include Solid Snake into Brawl. Before that you still got a lot of stupid third party requests(Sonic and Tails in Melee was a big rumour for a while there), but by including Snake he's made idiots think he's willing to budge on everything if there's enough demand for it.

Want: 60%
I'm mostly indifferent, but the devious jerk in me is leaning towards wanting this to happen if only for Sakurai to make a point.

This game started as Nintendo All Stars, then 3rd party video game mascots were let in...if the floodgates are opened for anime characters like DBZ's Goku, what next? How long until we end up playing as Kermit the Frog vs. Ronald McDonald Vs. Harry Potter Vs. Nostalgia Critic?

Wolf
Chance:
89%
Lucario and Toon Link are back. So far it's looking good for those on the cut list. Wolf is far, far, faaaar less cloney than Toon Link and overall was fairly well received. He's probably not getting in over Falco if it comes down to one of them being cut just purely due to Falco's two times vet status and high tier ranking. Naturally anyone who ends up high tier ends up very popular.

There is very little reason to cut Wolf to begin with though. Since he was a last minute addition in Brawl we can presume he's not super difficult to programme and make in comparison to something like Pokemon Trainer. That and he's pretty important to Starfox overall.

Actually the only member of the Starfox's franchise I genuinely like. Wolf's reckless style is fun to play with, and I enjoy his feral adaption of Fox's classic playstyle. To cut this guy would be a real shame.

Prediction time:
King K. Rool: 79.5%

Expecting his chance rating to be much like the reptilian king himself; overbloated.

Grovyle(PMD): 4%
"Brawl + Mewtwo" is the most popular choice on Smashboards. Pokemon like poor Grovyle, Blaziken, Meowth, Eevee won't even get a look in.

Nomination time!
Hmm? I won 5? Interesting!

Well we did my most wanted in Toad not so long ago...so why don't I spend these ten on the other iconic Nintendo character I think deserves more of a chance than many are willing to give him?

Dat's right! My nominations go to the original user of the STAR KO. The character that has the strongest ties to the act of being KO'd in Smash Bros!

MEOWTH X 10

On a side note I've noticed I seem to be getting more passionate and ranty as time goes on in this game. This is like what? The third day in a row I've ranted about a character or an aspect of Smash in this game. Jeez, I need to cool them jets.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
How long until we end up playing as Kermit the Frog vs. Ronald McDonald Vs. Harry Potter Vs. Nostalgia Critic?
I would buy that game, Ronald needs to smack some sk**k H**s.

0% Chance
Dat obscurity.
100% Want
Troll master Sakurai.

Wolf
97% Chance
No cuts seems likely...
100% I Like no cuts.

K Rool 82.11%
Grovile 2.22%

Nominating Takamaru x5

D

Deleted member

Goku and Wolf have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Wolf, please check back to see what you said on his day!

Goku
Chance:
100%

I wake up every morning to check the Smash Community on Miiverse. You know who I see? Goku. There is no way Sakurai will ignore this highly requested character!
Who doesn't want Goku? He's only the most epic Drag-
Wait… wrong Goku… (BTW, I am not a Dragon Ball fan)

The OTHER Goku
REAL Chance:
0%

I can't see Goku get added in this game. He is an incredibly obscure character and it doesn't help that he shares the same name as a certain Dragon Ball character. I bet that Sakurai would have to go through backlash and confusion from Dragon Ball fans if he was added.
REAL Want: 100%
Only because I want Sakurai to troll Miiverse. I want him to mention all of those requests for Goku and that he took them into consideration and decided to add this Goku instead. If this Goku got added, Sakurai would hold the title of "Master Troll" forever.

Wolf
Chance:
90%

Lucario was one of the most likely cuts in this game. Seeing him now… it is making me think that Sakurai is really putting in his best effort to get every character from Brawl in Smash. While Lucario was added, that doesn't mean that Wolf is out of the woods. Regardless, he still has some hope and fight left within him. He is still a very popular Star Fox character with a massive fanbase and is one of the most important characters in the Star Fox universe. I can't see him or Falco get cut for Krystal when those two play a much more important role in the series than she does.
Overall, I think that Wolf is in a good position. He could still get cut, but I think that he has some hope left.
I like Wolf more than Falco in terms of his moveset. I hate it when people refer to him as a semi-clone. All of his attacks are different and are nothing similar to Fox. Yeah, he has a Blaster, Reflector, Fire move, and Illusion move, but they all behave differently and the Reflector matches his character (and he has a Landmaster, but I'll disregard that).
I will be more upset if Wolf got cut in this game. He deserves to come back. If he does though, I would understand. I am focusing on characters like Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Falco, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and Wario getting confirmed first and then I will worry about Wolf. Those characters don't deserve to get cut at all and I really do not want another Mewtwo scenario…

Grovyle Prediction: 1.76%
The PMD one? He might get some kindness from that alone.
King K. Rool Prediction: 77.54%
People might raise his chances after when Dixie Kong wasn't confirmed in the Direct.

Nominations: Zael 5x
Anyone wanna help me? Next month is WarioWare's Anniversary and I wanna rate Wario Land Wario before Wario gets confirmed.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Not Son Goku

Pros
-He exists.
Cons
-Japanese only ultra-obscure character that everyone mistakes for Son Goku
-Sakurai would get tons of confusion blamed on him.
-There's much better classic characters to choose from.
-I don't need more than three bullets, but oh well.
The Public has spoken, .01% for the off chance he does it- Wait, who am I kidding, seriously? Like HELL he'd do this! No, 00.00% Chances.
Want- 00.00%- Waste. Of. Slot.

I can't let you (insert verb here), Star Fox!

Pros
-Fox's iconic rival
-Leader of Star Wolf and has appeared in almost every game (sans Stairfax Temperatures)
-Star Fox is still mildly popular and deserves a sequel
Cons
-Was low priority last time, a last minute addition that will need to have gained importance... and unfortunately,
-The Star Fox series has been unnaturally dormant for Nintendo. As a result, he's certainly lost popularity. As for getting replaced, it's not likely this will happen as it was only done in the case of Young Link-> Toon Link. Stop thinking Sakurai replaces on purpose. If we don't have Wolf, we're not getting Krystal in replacement since Sakurai is focusing on balance.
-Why do people think a no cuts scenario is likely if Sakurai has foreshadowed to likely cuts in the future? Just because of Lucario? Lucario has always been a lock of sorts, seriously! We're likely to lose a character or two and if we do, hate to say I told you so. It can happen, but if it doesn't, lucky day.
Overall... Wolf is in the danger zone, sadly, but he still is pretty safe.
OVERALL RATING: 80%

Want: 100.00%-My prediction roster says cuts, but I am pro-no cuts. And then there's the meme.

Predictions:
My Name is a Krool Pun!- 73.53%- People think that we're not getting Dixie because of no Direct.
Grovyle needs a Fez- .39%-Mewtwo.

Nominations:
Takamaru X5

Smady

Smash Master
Goku:

1% Chance and 5% Want: This would be entirely to joke with fans about the real Goku they want, instead going for this incredibly obscure retro character. It'd come off as too disrespectful and oddly spiteful on Sakurai's part to ever be plausible. I'd much rather see and I think it's more likely at this point, that we get the real Goku. It may be time we opened this thread up to anime or manga that has, I don't know, over fifty games. It's not that far out.

Wolf:

95% Chance: After Toon Link and Lucario, it's hard to see any cuts. Wolf was an unlockable, but his moveset was original. He completed a trio of protagonist, ally and villain for the Star Fox series. I imagine that's it for the series this instalment, I find it just as unlikely he'd take one away as he'd add one. Wolf is not unpopular either, he's not as used as Falco but his niche exists. I forget where I heard this, but I recall Sakurai is a big fan of Star Fox, that's why he put in Falco in Melee and why we have those elaborate stage interruptions where the Star Fox crew pops in from the 64 game. Only if Toon Link and Lucario are the exceptions and Sakurai has gutted every single other quasi-clone, can I see Wolf being removed. Falco is never getting cut with his super tournament popularity.

100% Want: The one character I really wanted in Brawl that got put in. I would be genuinely annoyed if he got removed over Falco who is more of an outright clone, just abusable enough in his chaingrab, lasers and space animal rushdown to be tournament favoured. Wolf is an icon of Star Fox 64 - who doesn't know his catchphrases and the unforgettable Star Wolf theme? He is a fan favourite from that franchise and the only real villain who is remotely possible. If anything, Wolf deserves to be vastly improved in SSB4. He needs an original final smash, for the love of Groose, and you can't deny that you'd love to see the Star Wolf crew in an Easter Egg like the Star Fox team. For all intents and purposes his Brawl showing was very under-appreciative of the character. If he were not only ignored in SSB4, but outright removed, that would be a huge disappointment.

K. Rool Prediction: 77.67%
A random increase from the last time he was rated. No reason for him to be lower, and some theories support him more now after Tropical Freeze's release.
Grovyle Prediction: 0.4%
Not happening ever.

Mewtwo x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
...I missed Pac-Man and Diskun's days. And I nominated them both. I hate everything.

Pac-Man

Chance: 80%
Insert fairly long thing about his credentials that surpass those of Snake and obligatory mention of Little-Pac-Mii leak.

Insert ridiculously long thing about Pac-Man being my first video game character and Smash Bros. being my first Nintendo video game and about how I've been waiting for this chance literally since I was 7.

Sigh.

Goku:

Chance: 3%
Honestly one of the few retros that even I would be surprised to see getting in. And I would be disappointed too, since I want Takamaru fairly badly.

Wolf:

Chance: 70%
3/10 chance of him being cut in my eyes. (Falco gets 1/10 chance of being cut) He's one of the least cloney semi-clones and he's the antagonist/rival of a serious that Sakurai obviously loves, but his series is a bit overrepresented and he may be cut because of that and his semi-clone status.

One of my mains. Would be very sad to see him go.

Predictions (forgot them before):

K. Rool: 87%
Grovyle: 3%

Noms: If I missed Pac's day, I'm going to rate him some other way.

x5 Four third parties

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Wow, Diskun really is going to get a higher rating then Goku. Guess that's cool. :)

One problem that I do have with these ratings is that I can't help but feel that we have been too quick to associate our own personal familiarity with obscurity, something that I've been guilty of multiple times. Just compare Goku with Donbe and Hikari, characters that are equally obscure but still familiar thanks to the trophy, sticker, and music. They managed to pull in multiple 10%'s and even a 25% when we rated them. They got a final score 4.35% which will probably be over five times what Goku is going to get. I feel that if he had gotten so much as a trophy in Melee then people would consider him more likely just because the speck of familiarity would make him feel less obscure. At least enough to match other Japan only retros like Diskun and Donbe/Hikari.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wow, Diskun really is going to get a higher rating then Goku. Guess that's cool. :)

One problem that I do have with these ratings is that I can't help but feel that we have been too quick to associate our own personal familiarity with obscurity, something that I've been guilty of multiple times. Just compare Goku with Donbe and Hikari, characters that are equally obscure but still familiar thanks to the trophy, sticker, and music. They managed to pull in multiple 10%'s and even a 25% when we rated them. They got a final score 4.35% which will probably be over five times what Goku is going to get. I feel that if he had gotten so much as a trophy in Melee then people would consider him more likely just because the speck of familiarity would make him feel less obscure. At least enough to match other Japan only retros like Diskun and Donbe/Hikari.

That's just my opinion.
Well, Diskun has one huge thing going for him that Goku doesn't have.

Nintendo acknowledges his existence.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Well, Diskun has one huge thing going for him that Goku doesn't have.

Nintendo acknowledges his existence.
Do you mind if I ask what chance rating you would have given Diskun? I'm curious to hear your opinion since you were one of the people that nominated him. :)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Do you mind if I ask what chance rating you would have given Diskun? I'm curious to hear your opinion since you were one of the people that nominated him. :)
Well, I'm far less confident about us getting a historical character this time around than I was before, at about 45%. Using that, I'd break down the chance of historical characters like so:

Daitoryo/Hanafuda representative: 15%
Diskun: 13%
Toy Era Representative (Nintendo's Joker, Character made up of multiple toys ("Ultra" Man would be interesting), completely Original Character, or something else that I haven't stumbled across yet): 8%
Sheriff: 4%
EVR Racer: 1%
Other (One I haven't considered, which I would not be surprised by with Sakurai involved): 4%

(I personally consider Duck Hunt Dog a retro rather than a historical representative, but, if he counts as one, then he's up there.)

Also, Diskun hat video (look at 1:30):

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Goku:

Kamehame- Oh wait.

Chance: 0.0001% - No Nintendo character has a true 0% chance. That said, this guy is WAY too obscure, moreso than even Harry.
Want: 5% - Don't know much about, but might be cool.

Wolf:
Chance: 78% - Most likely returning. Too important to the series.
Want: 50% - Change him up more, specifically in the specials, to further differentiate from Fox and Falco.

Predictions:
King K. Rool: 85%
Grovyle: 2.3%

Noms:
Meta Knight x5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Goku:
Want: 65%
I like Goku and I think he'd be a unique character, but I don't think he really deserves a spot in SSB4

Wolf:
Chance: 90%
Want: 90%
I'll take Wolf over Falco any day

Predictions:

King K. Rool: 75.5%

Grovyle: 1.5%

Nomination: Gangplank Galleon X5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Goku:

Real life mythology character... even if he appeared in the design in a game he's ineligible as he originated from outside media.

Want: 50%
Trololololololol

Wolf: 97%
Slightly less than the other clearly locked veterans, he's got a good shot of being a late inclusion, but I think that pretty much everyone from brawls will be back (except a certain 3rd party).

He was cool, and I'd miss him if he went.

K.Rool: 69%
I never expected him to be the snow-mad leader (although the battle may as well be K.Rool), but I did have hopes for him being the boss of the secret world for getting all the KONG letters... he wasn't... I was disappointed. I think more people will think he's had his day, but he's still super popular, I think he's a decent shot still...

Grovyle: 2.1%
His best shot, like Blaziken, is with a Trainer... and we've still not had an official reveal of Earth Ruby and Ocean Sapphire...

Fatal Frame*5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Goku:

Kamehame- Oh wait.

Chance: 0.0001% - No Nintendo character has a true 0% chance. That said, this guy is WAY too obscure, moreso than even Harry.
Want: 5% - Don't know much about, but might be cool.

Wolf:
Chance: 78% - Most likely returning. Too important to the series.
Want: 50% - Change him up more, specifically in the specials, to further differentiate from Fox and Falco.

Noms:
Meta Knight x5
Predictions added

D

Deleted member

Meta Knight x5
I don't think that you can nominate Meta Knight. The first post said that we won't nominate as we can all agree that Meta Knight is a shoo-in.

Maybe a "Re-worked Meta Knight" or "Nerfed Meta Knight" should be something worth nominating.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't think that you can nominate Meta Knight. The first post said that we won't nominate as we can all agree that Meta Knight is a shoo-in.

Maybe a "Re-worked Meta Knight" or "Nerfed Meta Knight" should be something worth nominating.
Correct, Meta Knight is on the blacklist.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
GOKU

Chance: .7% - Not requested nor would he make a great surprise....unless...

Want: 65% - Actually...if Sakurai threw in an orange alternate costume and included Mewtwo along with his X/Y forms we could get not! DBZ battles in the form of some epic trolling! Think about it...Goku vs. Mewjin Buu. :awesome:

STAR WOLF

Chance: 88% - He's very likely.

Want: 95% - A returning veteran is always welcome.

King K.Rool Prediction: 55% - Considered one of two likely contenders from the DK series.

Grovyle Prediction: 4% - Naw.

Nominations:
Athena Cykes x5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Goku: 4.32%
Want: 75%
Wolf: 96%
Grovyle: 0.65%
KROOL: 69.45%
KI DOg x 5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Goku: 0%
If he got in, you know that someone would inevitably not buy the game under the impression that Sakurai added a DBZ character.

This is Ganso Saiyuuki: Super Monkey Daibouken. It is another Famicom game based on the book Journey to the West. It has completely insane, tedious level design, and often the player is not given any indication on how to proceed to the next of the over 700 unmemorable, incoherent screens. Just about the only redeeming feature of the game is a sexually explicit message hidden in one of the spritesheets by a developer.
I would rather see this game's incarnation of Son Goku rather than the one from Yuyuki.

Wolf: 92.5%

Want: 95%

Grovyle prediction: 0.79%
K. Rool prediction: 77.76%

Nominate:
Isabelle x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Goku: zero billion percent. no kamehamehas in this game.

*whisper*

eh, what's that?

*whisper whisper*

wrong goku? oops, my bad.

I guess I'll give him a generous 1%
can't really say much on want, I don't know him well enough.

WOLF: only 60%

....yeah, you are right. only 30% should wor-

uhm, I meant 90% OBVIOUSLY, SHEESH.

Want: 100% he is best besides falco. want both.

Grovyle: 1.6% wish it was legitimately higher. ALSO GROOSE PLEASE PUT THAT HE'S THE GROVYLE FROM POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON: EXPLORERS OF SKY IN THE OP TOMORROW KTHX don't want a repeat of what happened with the stork in terms of what exactly I meant when I nominated the character.
K. Rool: 86%

Nominations:
Dark Matter x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Goku Chance: 10% Like every other dead franchise, Sakurai could potentially revive this franchise, I think him copying the anime version's abilities would be neat to have is unique on it's own. Every Nintendo retro has some form of chance, from the ratings here it seems rather unfair to give a zero.

Goku Want: 90% He wouldn't really be a waste of a slot like most people clamor for for some weird reason. But I would love Sakurai to troll Miiverse with this character. :troll:

Wolf Chance: 75%
Wolf Want: 60% Meh, but maybe I'll try to main him when I get the chance.

Nominations:
x5 Alph Brittany Charlie

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Goku

Chance - 0% - In my mind, he's outclassed by Donbe and/or Hikari. He is awkwardly stuck in the middle of the Famicom Fairytales trilogy, while Donbe and Hikari came before and after him, while still cameoing in his game. In fact, due to Donbe and Hikari being the protagonists of Nintendo's first Text-based adventure game, who do you think makes more sense? The only advantage I can think of for either of them would be the fact that Chao, the player avatar of Yuyuki, cameoed twice in Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3, compared to Donbe and Hikari's one. As Sakurai didn't even have involvement with those games, I wouldn't read into that much.

Want - 20% - If you could not already tell, Donbe and Hikari have made me dislike the notion of him in Smash. If they didn't exist, I might have found it a funny joke, but as I find Donbe and Hikari so superior in choices that I dislike the notion of supporting him. Most people are supporting them for what, DBZ jokes? I don't think I have ever head of such shallow support for a character.

Wolf

Chance - 93% - I'm rising my score by a single percent, due to optimism by Lucario's reveal. Here's hopin'!

Want - 100% - No cuts, please.

Predictions

Grovyle - 0.87% - Mystery Dungeon may give him some sort of boost, in comparison to everyone else.

King K. Rool - 77.5% - With Diddy Revealed for Tropical Freeze instead of Dixe, a confidence boost is bound to happen.

Nomiations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
GOKU:

So many retro options to choose from, Goku is likely not even being considered.

Want: 5%
I really don't have much interest in this character.

WOLF:

Chance: 90%
I don't really see cuts happening at this point, and Wolf is the most unique of any clone.

No cuts, and I love Wolf (but not his Side B).

Grovyle Prediction: 1.25%
Aw, it'd be cool, but nah. Preferred as May's Pokémon actually.

King K. Rool Prediction: 78.75%
Weird number sure, but K. Rool is the only plausible character from DK not involved in Tropical Freeze, therefore he couldn't have been used to advertise said game.
Big help in my opinion.

Meowth x5
"That's Right!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom