• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Anywho, I'm pleased to announce I've come up with a very novel idea that will spice things in this game up for a week or two around Christmas. This upcoming week, I'll restore normalcy to my update schedule; the week or two afterwards we'll toss in my "idea;" after the "idea" has run its course and when the new year rolls around, we'll discuss rating stages. Sound like a plan?
well now, . . .
I believe we are now experiencing groose's "idea" now . . .
gotta say so far I love it:laugh:

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
well now, . . .
I believe we are now experiencing groose's "idea" now . . .
gotta say so far I love it:laugh:
Wrong. There is an entirely different Christmas special planned. Groose didn't expect me to show up; I just did. When the Lord of the Underworld feels like doing something, he does it.

Amazon Pandora

Smash Rookie
No. I don't sign autographs.

Pyrrhon? Don't you remember what happened the last time you got involved with the Underworld Army? Why don't you just buzz off and go play with your Book of Prophecy? I'm in charge of this game now, and I refuse to take into account your rating.

And that music... gods, how awful. Let's cheer things up a little, shall we?

Good idea! I'll bring him in to deal with that pesky "Sun God," and I can continue to focus on this game. Hey, I'd like to thank you for the advice. How about an autograph?
It's been a long time, Lord Hades.

D

Deleted member

Hahaha! This day is much better than any other day we've had thus far! :laugh:

Good idea! I'll bring him in to deal with that pesky "Sun God," and I can continue to focus on this game. Hey, I'd like to thank you for the advice. How about an autograph?
An autograph from Hades? That's freaking sweet! *gives you a notepad*

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Hades
Chance: 5%
Want: 70%

His chances are slim. Kid Icarus-icus isnt a very big series-icus, so I cant see them getting anything more than Palitena-icus. Plus after her, we have Medusa-icus. Hades is a pretty cool guy, I guess-icus.

Nintendog: 1.9%

Nominations:
DLC characters x10

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Hades:
Chances:7%
I remember someone asking why Medusa rates higher than yesterday, and the answer is actually really simple: she's more classic. Although I hate to say this in the presence of the one true Hades, but that's what happens to you if you wait until the third game to appear in a series.

Now I love Uprising to death, but there was a time when Uprising didnt exist. Way back in the 90s, I remember reading Nintendo Power and Medusa was at the level of Metroid and Ganon in the echelon of villains. Medusa gets the advantage over hades because the amount of times she's appeared in the series. And for both her appearances, she was major character in the game. She was the final boss in the original and she was major villain in Uprising. Her importance to the series should never be understated. When you first place Uprising, there is a reason why she appears at the first stage.

Also aided to her chances is that Hades is much more of a Sakurai creation than she is. Hades first appeared in a Sakurai created game . While she is more Yokoi created character.

Now I know what you're saying. But Hades is the Final Boss in Uprising and orchestrated the events in the first game. Which is true, but doesn't really matter. After all, Wolf is not the Final Boss of Star Fox. Nope, he's a midboss just like Medusa. And one of the characters that does best in RTC, Ridley, you won't be shocked to remember that isn't the final boss of his series as well. So there is no final boss comes first type of rule.

When it comes to Hades specifically, he has a great design and is the main boss in the game he appears. But I can't see him getting in before Palutena, and his chances are lower than Medusa's.
Want: 70%
I would prefer Palutena or Medusa first.

Nintendog: .85%

Nominations:
Medusa x 1
Micaiah x4

Edit: BTW, since you're here. I really didn't like playing as you Kid Icarus Dog.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Hades

Chances - 15%
People underestimate Kid Icarus Uprising. While it may be the case that KI hasn't sold quite enough to warrant two additions, it's not exactly out of the ordinary and could conceivably happen depending on Sakurai's perspective on his own characters.
Now, I rate him higher than Medusa because, as I said before, Medusa getting so much attention makes no sense to me. It's not even a matter of relevance, but of the way the franchise was treated.
First, someone above mentions how in the good ole days Medusa was the huge baddie of Kid Icarus, but when I think back on those days, the most iconic enemy from Kid Icarus, by far, was the eggplant wizard. So much that I saw more people wondering about the eggplant wizard being in Brawl than I did people expecting Medusa. The comparison was made with Ridley and Mother Brain ... well, in this case Ridley doesn't equal Medusa, but Eggplant Wizard.
This is all, of course, assuming focus on what came before Uprising. Further comments before moving on ... iirc, Medusa wasn't even in the second KI game for the Game Boy. Doesn't make her as prevalent a villain as people seem to want to think.

But then we get to Uprising and Hades entered. It was clear Sakurai wanted to honor the classic game with Medusa and Hewdraw and Twinbellows and Pandora, but you only have to play past chapter 9 in that game to realize the game is not as much about honoring the classic but about developing the universe of the game to considerable lenghts and justify it being placed side to side with gaming icons such as Zelda and Metroid. And in that expanded KI universe, with more character and history, Hades is the top dog villain of all.

My point in all of this, Hades is much much more likely a villain for KI than Medusa, and as a result doesn't merit less than a 13% chance with that in mind. For his own merit, outside of Medusa comparisons, he has the power, the heart, the humor and the design to fit stupendously well in this game. After Palutena, and with Viridi being part of the stage in the 3DS, I imagine the consideration will then go to Hades ... followed perhaps by Pittoo.

Want 75%
I want Palutena first and foremost. That aside, I would love to see Hades make it just thanks to the sheer quality of the character and his dialogue. As a note, I do think that nevertheless his best possible form in this game is as a boss, but I'd be ok with him being playable.

Prediction
Nintendog - 1.87%
The AT reveal probably will hurt its chances and bring them to an all-time low.

Nominations
x5 Blaziken

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well I'll be a Bazoomba's uncle! I actually won nominations this time around?...well of course I did! The plan I set in motion 3 to 4 months ago finally paid off! Unfortunately, I don't know who to spend them on at the moment so I'll just hold them in reserve for a later time.

HADES

Chance: 10% - I think Palutena has priority.

Want: 10% - Could be interesting but again Palutena has priority.

Nintendog Prediction: .1% - Hades has taken control of the game with fiery charisma! Joined by Pyrrhon, Pandora, and Kid Icarus Dog, Hades sets ablaze this round with ferocious fire! But in his trail comes...another puppy? Will this day be one for the records or has this thread gone to the dogs? Find out on episode 115 of Rate Their Chances: "Nintendog's Inferno".

Nominations:
Dark Pit x5 (Not using extra noms just yet).

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Hades:
Chances: 5% I think that if we get a Kid Icarus newcomer it would be Palutena
Want: 1%

Nintendog prediction: 3% The Assist Trophy almost obliterated his chances of getting him as a playable fighter.

Nomination: Bayonetta x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hades:
Likelihood: 5%
Palutena is a shoo-in if KI gets a second character. The chances of KI getting a 3rd character is really low, so that brings his score down.

Want: 15%
Haven't played Uprising, but from my research he does seem interesting. But I want Palutena and Medusa before him.

Nintendog: 0%
He/she/it is going to do worse than Chancellor Cole.

Tingle x 5

D

Deleted member

It seems as though we weren't too confident with Rosalina. Even with the Super Mario Galaxy stage and playability in Super Mario 3D World, we gave her a merely 15.77% chance. However, a sizable portion of you are most likely ecstatic with her inclusion with a 42.90% want.
Her real main competition, Bowser Jr., got a 56.43% chance and 68.16% want. Looks like his chances, as well as the chances of other Mario characters, are now (sadly) decimated thanks to Rosalina getting confirmed.
Do you think that we should rate the possibility of a 6th Mario character?

Groose

Smash Champion
Bloody hell.

My thread has been taken over by Hades while I was on vacation, and Rosalina's has been confirmed. We have her what, 15% chance, 42% want? Wow.

D

Deleted member

Bloody hell.

My thread has been taken over by Hades while I was on vacation, and Rosalina's has been confirmed. We have her what, 15% chance, 42% want? Wow.
I'm so sad… I want Bowser Jr. to be playable…

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It seems as though we weren't too confident with Rosalina. Even with the Super Mario Galaxy stage and playability in Super Mario 3D World, we gave her a merely 15.77% chance. However, a sizable portion of you are most likely ecstatic with her inclusion with a 42.90% want.
Her real main competition, Bowser Jr., got a 56.43% chance and 68.16% want. Looks like his chances, as well as the chances of other Mario characters, are now (sadly) decimated thanks to Rosalina getting confirmed.
Do you think that we should rate the possibility of a 6th Mario character?
Decinmated? Hardly.
Lowered? Yes.

Toad, Bowser Jr, and Waluigi i now see as the only realistic characters possible. I would put Daisy (considering she's one of my favorites) but I don't see it happening.

HOWEVER

HAHA IN YOUR FACE HADES ROSALINA GOT CONFIRMED AND YOU HAVE TO SIT HERE POUTING LIKE A BABY

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Hades
Chance: 11% - He's a very unique and interesting villain, but he may be to recent.
Want: 46% - "When life gives you freaky alien lemons, make freaky alien lemonade."

Nintendog prediction: 1.4%

Nominations: Eevee x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom