• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Wait, who won the 5 extra nominations?
I don't know, maybe he forgot. . .
although, seeing how Groose is absent I guess I'll check it out and see who won, give me a few minutes . . .
Edit: checked it out, and the winner of the extra five is Colder_than_ice! for being the closest to it. he wins an extra five nominations
Yup. So I'm flying through, tallying nominations. I see Colder's noms and think... huh... didn't he read my post? He should have seen that he won five extra noms and became on of the few people ever to win back to back... huh... then I realized I forgot to announce it. Anyway, I doubled his noms today, anyway, and will give him some focus in the start of the day post that will ve here in a few minutes.

Ninten Chance: 2.5%
Easy semi-clone, perhaps, but current trends seem to indicate that he'd be more of an alternate costume than a clone. Mother may even stand to lose Lucas, so I don't think we'll see a new clone popup.

Ninten Want: 0%
I'm never played Mother and, while I acknowledge he has potential, I don't see him doing anything other than becoming a clone. A clone who looks freaking identical to another fighter; at least previous clones have had the decency to look a bit differently! Worse still, I'm not a huge fan of Ness' playstyle; I like that it's unique, but it's not for me and nor would Ninten's be. Finally, I have an imagination--I can just imagine I'm playing Ninten when I play Ness, y'know? Sorry Ninten fans, but I'm just not a fan of this idea. Besides, I've quite warmed to the idea of playable Porky; I see him as an infinitely better choice in idrect competition.

Tingle x5
Kooloo-Limpah, baby! I spent the first 20-odd days of this game driving the Tingle Train; 75+ game days and several real-time months later, I think it's time to take the conductor's position once more.

Groose Prediction: 1.26%
My popularity will drive me to greater lengths than Cole or Cloud and place me at about Tharja levels.

DAY OVER
GROOSE HAS ARRIVED. TOMORROW HE SHALL BE LOOSE.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ninten (Mother)
2.31% chance (Masked Man: 9.43%) (Porky: 12.71%) (Lucas: 87.03%)
7.61% want (Masked Man: 42.00%) (Porky: 48.66%) (Lucas: 80.04%)

Ouch. He fell well short of his competition and placed near the bottom overall in chance and want. Worst of all, his want percentage is a mere 0.02% higher than Chancellor Cole; if one person had lowered their want by just one percent, he would have been dead last in want. Ouch.

Please rate Groose in chance and want today. And, while you're at it, why not rewatch the most epic cutscene in video game history? I've linked it here for your use; be warned that it may spoil the first half of Skyward Sword that will probably be spoiled just from reading a couple of today's posts. Note: Any negative comments about my slick 'do will result in your permaban from this game. Not really.

Back in Knuckle's day, you tore into him, stating that Tails was far more likely. But how likely is Tails? Tomorrow, we'll find out. Please predict how Tails will fare in tomorrow's competition. Go easy, OK? I don't want you upsetting the poor kid. Knickerbocker wins the extra five today. Yesterday, the unannounced winner was Colder than Ice, who won back to back; I already doubled your noms for you even though I forgot to announce it. Sorry!B

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Groose chance: 4% the Groose is pretty unlikely to happen as the 5th Zelda newcomer, pretty low importance to the Zelda series, as much as I love Groose.
Groose Want: 56% Meh, the Groose doesn't bring anything new other than the hilarity. :p
Tails Prediction: 4.5% He's probably the most likely 2nd Sonic character if it was ever considered.
Nominations:
Daitouryou x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Groose - 0.25%
ya sorry mates, but ghirahim was the only character from skyward sword that actually had a chance(not anymore though), not to mention other better Zelda character as tingle, tetra, and toon Zelda, groose's (and ghirahim's) chance was if toon link was cut, and . . . well. . . he's back. . .
want - 100%
I was only going to rate him a 70%, but now I'm hype to give Groose one of the best wants scores out there:awesome:
though in all seriousness, I actually do like him and the idea of him being in smash is awesome and hilarious at the same time
tails - 2.19%
he's from Sega, Sonic is in, third party, can't have him without sonic, tails a goner. . .
Nominations:
Dark pitX1
RoyX4

D

Deleted member

Chance: 0%
I highly doubt that Sakurai would add someone from SmashBoards onto the roster. That would be odd...
Want: 100%
He's a nice guy, a good friend, and having him on the roster would be absolutely crazy-
Wait… wrong Groose...

REAL Chance: 0%
Groose is a popular character that originated from Skyward Sword and has quite the following. It's quite obvious why: he's a great character. He starts off as a giant jerk towards Link and then becomes one of Link's greatest friends and allies. Being a good character doesn't translate well into being a good candidate for Smash. I think Groose suffers from the same problem that Pauline has as you need some pretty creative person to give him an entire moveset. He doesn't have any powers or abilities nor does he possess any sort of weapon, so I can imagine that he would be a hard character to create from the ground up. While one may counter-argue by saying that Captain Falcon and Sheik are characters despite not having any sort of blueprint to make a moveset, Groose's other big problem is that the Zelda series will most likely get 4 characters. If there was a fifth, it would go to either a planned Toon Zelda, a prominent Tingle, or Skyward Sword's own Ghirahim who is the most wanted Zelda character in Japan.
It would be rather hard for me to see the Groose being loose in this game and go Groosin' for a bruisin'.
REAL Want: 35%
I fully support Groose… as an Assist Trophy. You know how awesome it would be if he just came out and started attacking with the Groosenator? That would be really freaking sweet! However, I don't think that I would be happy seeing him on the roster. Though, he would definitely be a whacky addition.

Tails Prediction: 1.00%
.1% higher than Knuckles. I would be amazed if Knuckles managed to beat Tails.

Nominations: Decloned Ganondorf 5x
Groose has been added to this post.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
GROOSE:

Chance: 1.5%
I don't see why Zelda would get Groose over all of the other much more important characters.

Want: 65%
I don't know exactly I would react to it, but Groose could be a fun and very entertaining character to play as.

Tails Prediction: 2.5%
He deserves a little more tbh.

Noms: Starfy x5 again.

Groose

Smash Champion
I don't normally post before the end of the day, but today is an exception.

Groose: 1%
He doesn’t stand a chance, really. He’s in the same boat as Midna, Linebeck, Saria: popular one-off characters. Groose is the most relevant of them, but he’s no more important. Keep in mind that several characters, such as Impa and Tingle and maybe even Vaati are far more important than this; they’d be much more likely to Smash. Also keep in mind that Groose’s movepool is limited (^B Loftwing… and.. uh… Groosenator Final Smash? Yeah, sounds like a deep movepool) while some potential Zelda characters, namely Ghirahim, feel like they were designed for a fighter like Smash.

Groose has one thing in his advantage: charisma. Groose is a likeable character and, when I’ve cosplayed him, people have raved over him. Everyone loves the Groosenator; chances are someone in the staff may, too. Someone may push for him to be more than a trophy; even so, I can’t see him being more than an AT.

This team is too OP for Smash.

Groose Want: 50%
Surprised? You shouldn’t be. I’ve said multiple times in the past: I don’t support him as a playable character. What makes Groose a great character in Zelda is not his fighting skill; in fact, he’s pretty much completely devoid of them, and I can’t see how they would transition his character to Smash. It’s not like Villager, whose moveset potential was obvious to me; the fact is Groose’s appeal lies in his character. From his initial hilarious arrogance to his eventual reliable bro status even in the darkest hour, Groose’s character is what is entertaining, and that can’t really transition over to Smash. I’d even argue it’d be a bit out of character for him to stand toe-to-toe with a cast of Nintendo All-Stars; he’s just an ordinary guy who accepts that he will never be capable of such feats and resolves to help however he can.

Additionally, he just has so much competition for a Zelda slot. I prefer Groose as an overall character to Ghirahim, but I’d prefer the latter in Smash; as I played through SS, every Ghirahim fight had me thinking, “Geez, was this guy DESIGNED for Smash? I want to make a moveset for him!” Additionally, there is Tingle; he’s a character that’s extremely recognizable and important; he even has his own games! Also, I like him in general as well, and I think that he would make an amazing playable character.

I’d actually prefer for Groose to have a cameo in the background of the Skyloft stage. I could see him just standing there, pointing and snickering as characters took damage and stuff. That’d be a much better use of time than making him a full character, y’know? I would also like it if he were an AT, perhaps bringing in the Groosenator or a flock of Loftwings or something. That’d be pretty cool, y’know?

Now, I did give him a 50% in want, and that is for this reason: although I don’t support him, I’d still welcome him in. If I saw him on the roster, a smile would precede confusion and disappointment. I don’t necessarily want him, but how could I say no? He is my third-favorite video game character of all time, y’know (Cranky Kong and Godot are above him)?
This picture seems right for this time of year, eh?

Tingle x5

Tails Prediction: 2.56%
He should do almost three times as well as Knux.

We already have two stages on the 3DS set in Grooseland, and I think a Wii U Stage is sure to follow.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Groose:
Chances: 0%
The Zelda reps will be the ones everyone expects.
Want:80%
Skyward Sword is among my favorite Zeldas. So the more of it the better.

Tails: .84 %:

Nominations:
Micaiah x 5

Groose

Smash Champion
That awkward moment when Groose's want percentage for Groose is bringing down the average...

Erm... anyway, music section updated with Groose and Matthew stuff (thanks, Jaytalks!)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Groose

Chance - 0% - I'm certain he'll get a trophy at minimum, as he's just that memorable. He might get an Assist Trophy role if lucky, but playable? Not gonna happen.

Want - 45% - Similar to Waluigi, he would be funny for a few weeks before settling into apathy. He's less viable in the long term, though, so that takes a few points away.

Tails Prediction - 2.25% - 0.9% X 2.5 = 2.25%. A simple math equation that seems proper based off of Knuckles' score.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I was going to use this. Still am.

Groose. He's loose. Ready to slam. Ready to Jam. Welcome to the least Serious Axle-Rating of all time.

Pros.
-He's Groose.
-He's Loose.
-He's awesome.
-He deserves his own stage.
Cons (That shouldn't exist, totally)
-He's not a fighter.
-Better off as an AT.
-Too Loose for Smash.
-He's up against Vaati and Impa.

Overall... As much as I want to 100% the most baller, epic and amazing character in all of Zelda... I can't, because this section is unbiased. 3%.

Want: Did I mention this section is unbiased? BECAUSE IT IS! He's like Gaston, but Nintendo-y! 100%, because that's the limit! And you might ask, "But Axle, isn't that saying he's as much wanted for you as Bandana Dee or Little Mac?" My Answer is simple. If he gets in, it will be a happy day, I'd love it. And whoever thinks this is a bad idea...

Tails, which is not as important as Groose.
One Slot Per 3rd Party is a thing. 2%.

Nominating..
Extensive Alternate Costumes X5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Groose
Chance 1.00% Only if Sakurai was drunk when taking the decision to add another Zelda character to the roster.
Want: .10% Ugh sorry Groose but I dislike the character even after he tried to redeem himself later in the game, so yeah I´m not the biggest fan of the character.

Prediction
Tails: 3.27%

Nomination
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Groose's chances: 0.5% - I think he'll get a trophy - that's about it.
Want: 30% - Haven't played Skyward Sword.

Tails' prediction: 1.17% - He'll do better than Kunckles, but not by much.

Prince Sable x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Groose: 0.1%
Want: 10% No matter how much I used to hate the character... Groose has made me like Groose. Just not for a fighter in one of my favorite series (currently tied for first).

Tails: 0.99%

x5 Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Morbi

Scavenger
Groose Chance: 5%

Obviously he doesn't have ideal chances; however, he isn't completely out of the question for something like an assist trophy. Perhaps even a background element.

Groose Want: 100%

I was always a big fan of the character. He would be a great addition in my opinion.

Tails: 1%

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Groose
Chance - 1%
Let's be fair here, it's delusional to think of higher chances. In fact, 1% is pretty generous considering the sheer competition for a fifth zelda slot that characters with fighting skills and strong fan support seem to be claiming (Tetra and Ghirahim being, imo, the most likely.)

Want - 100%
And yet, I've fully supported this guy since thinking about Zelda newcomers way back when. The fact is, I love the idea of having fighters that in their games are known for being the sillier, more cowardly sort. Having movesets revolving around sucker punch moves and accidentally damaging by tripping and running away while throwing bombs ... stuff like that would be hilarious and very welcome. In fact, it's one of the things that makes me hope for Porky so much as he's exactly that kind of fighter.
Groose is also, imo, one of the best side characters added to a Zelda game. I'd say him and Midna are pretty much at the top for me. If he were added, I'd be extremely happy, although I admit I would be a tad disappointed it would bury Tetra's chances. But to get to play as the Groose?? Yes please.

Prediction
Tails
3.65%
I don't think he deserves such a high score, but apparently some people do ... so I'm predicting a bit higher than I would otherwise.

Nominations
After a couple of days of abstaining, I decided from looking at the list I'll start supporting something new
x5 Blaziken

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
GROOOOOOOOOOSE - 100%
He's been running the topic for months, surely he'll be able to stick it out until release and/or the full roster is unveiled!
Want - 100% - Keep the topic alive!

GROOOOOOOOOOSE - 0%
There's no particularly good reason to believe this could happen. Minor character from a moderately successful Zelda. Far too much competition within the franchise for Sakurai to even consider him.
Want - 0% - I don't care for him and someone's gotta ruin the want percentage!

Tails Prediction - 2.5%
Could it happen? No. Do we want to believe anyway? I think so.

Nominations
Blaziken x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Groose - 1%

He is important in only one game that came out just two years ago, and with all his competetors, (Tingle, Toon Zelda/Tetra,Vaati and even Impa have better chances) I'd say even giving him 1% is being rather generous.

Want - 85%

MAJOR Skyward Sword spoilers below:

First off, he wields the Triforce of hair the guy started out has a complete jerk to Link, and had a huge crush on Zelda. Heck, his facial structure and personality made me think of these exact words when I first saw him: "Wow, this guy is such a Gaston" But overtime, his character began to change, becoming kinder and more caring. Though upon finding out how serious the situation was, he thought he was worthless, but the words of the old woman encouraged him over time, and he soon began to realize that he too had a role in preventing the Demon King's return. He stilled cared a lot about Zelda, but no longer cared about getting the girl, and instead just wanted to ensure her safety and happiness.

Further more, he grew close to the old woman (AKA Impa, who, while she was younger, was Zelda's guardian) who convinced him he was NOT worthless, and was his only constant company while on the surface, and was left devasted upon witnessing her death. (perhaps even more upset than Zelda.) His character development was overall brillaint, something that seems most would not expect. I certainly didn't expect his character to change so much.

And the guy's theme? Awesome. Truly memorable and meme worthy, and indeed, it soon became a rival to Guile's theme. The guy has a huge cult following among Zelda fans, me being among that fanbase, he's one of my favorite video game characters. I do see some potential in him, perhaps as a tough, but also clumsy character, perhaps like a combination of Luigi and Wario (or, to perhaps a lesser extant, kind of like King Dedede) and the Groosenator would be a great Final Smash. I'd gladly welcome him in Smash though, I'd be rather upset if he got in oer Toon Zelda/Tetra. That's just personal preference, many other characters deserve to get in long before he does, and I'd also be rather upset if he got in over any of the other Zelda characters with at least a decent chance. I'd say his best chance is to get in is as an Assist Trophy, which I would be very happy to see him as, espescially if it involved the Groosenator.

Tails Prediction - 24.3%

x5 Count Bleck.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Groose
Likelihood: 1%

Want: 50% (indifferent)

Tails
Prediction: 3.2%

Nomination:
Krystal x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A moment of silence for the Nintendog please.... He got disconfirmed just as he was going to be nominated. Poor guy... er, dog.

So, Groose.
Likelihood: 0%
I'm going to be a bit harsh here - he's a one-off side character from a Zelda game. That means there's just too much competition from within the Zelda series itself, which might not get a character infact.

Want: 10%
Can't say I'm interested. I haven't played Skyward Sword either.

Tails prediction: 2%

Tingle x 5
Sakurai, don't make him share Skull Kid's terrible fate.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Groose
Chance: 1%
Too much competition from reoccurring Zelda characters on top of that most people believe the Zelda series to be completed with merely the Triforce trio and a younger Link of some variety. Less likely than Vaati, Tingle and Impa amongst others.
Zelda also isn't quite the titan in Japan it once was, getting usurped by Donkey Kong recently in sales(or so I hear, take this with a pinch of salt) so getting Groose as a playable is pretty unlikely.

Want: 10%
Sorry Groose, but I have yet to play Skyward Sword. I heard a lot of bad stuff about it which put me off, but Groose was apparently one of it's biggest saving graces, so props for that. Deserves an AT, but with Skull Kid already a Zelda one will he even get a look in?

Tails prediction: 3%
Tails is probably a damn sight more iconic than half the Smash cast currently in, but he's NOT Nintendo property, so his chance is extremely low. Expect a highish want score from me though, as Tails is one of the few characters I'd break my unwritten rule about supporting only Nintendo characters and LEGENDARY 3rd parties for the sake of keeping this Nintendo All Stars.

Nominations:
Mario Series Newcomer X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Nintendog isn't deconfirmed yet. There are multiple species and any of them could be playable. We now have one species as a Stage Hazard and one as an AT. He's more in Toad's boat than Skull Kid's.

Still, I fully expect anyone giving him more than 1% now to be crucified.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Groose!
Chance: 0.5%
Want: lol% (thats 0%)

Groose is hilarious, hes witty, and hes a coward. Gotta say, I absolutely loved him in SS, but thats where he should stay, and where he will most likely stay.

Tails: 4%
Of all Sonic potentials, hes the front runner with Robotnik/Eggman and to a lesser extent, Knuckles.

Oh sweet, I won nominations! I know where im gonna put them. :D

Nominations:
DLC characters x10

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Groose

Others have said it, pretty much. Aside from the fact that Zelda may only get 4 characters, the competition is just too strong with Tetra/Toon Zelda, Tingle, Impa, Ghirahim and Vaati all as more plausible choices (and better choices IMO).

He doesn't have the most move set potential and while he's reasonably popular, I don't think he's really wanted for the game as a playable character either.

Groose chances: 0.5%
He's pretty much guaranteed to get a trophy. An Assist Trophy with the Groosenator would not be a bad idea either. Depends on how many ATs there are, and how many are for Zelda. But playable? Nah.

Groose want: 35%
I'd rather see other Zelda characters, or characters from other series. He's a good character, but not for Smash.

Tails prediction: 3.5%
I don't know why you would predict less for Tails than for Knuckles. IMO Tails is a much more obvious choice if Sakurai for some reason decided to add a second Sonic rep.

Nominations:
Pichu x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
knowing how Groose manages my scores when they go that low, it'll probably just end up a zero
also @Sharic X: welcome to the boards mate, just incase no one has said that yet

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Groose is one of my favorite non-villain supporting Zelda characters, and one of the most dynamic, arc'd, and lovable. He still isn't very likely. 1.25% due to popularity.

predict Tails gets a 2%

Ryu x5

S

Sharic X

Groose is one of my favorite non-villain supporting Zelda characters, and one of the most dynamic, arc'd, and lovable. He still isn't very likely. 1.25% due to popularity.

predict Tails gets a 2%

Ryu x5
Just like Masahiro Sakaurai said that if there's a petition of 100,000 signatures to add Reggie in the game, he will. :laugh:

But it was most likely a joke.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Groose chances: 5%. No. As much **** as I give Ghirahim, he was at least the main villain of his game and not a supporting character. Groose isn't a fighter, and before anybody says "neither was the Villager," Groose is not the main character of a major Nintendo franchise that has had very little representation in Smash Bros.

Want: 20%. Groose is an amazing character and probably my favourite Zelda character besides Skull Kid. He has an amazing character arc and goes from being a massive douche to an incredibly likable person, but this has absolutely nothing to do with Smash Bros and I have no idea what anybody sees in a playable Groose.

Tails prediction: 1.5%.

Ganon X 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I missed a day :(

Groose:

Chance: 100%
Our great and mighty gamesmaster will obviously be in smashbros...
AS A MII!

Seriously though no chance, he doesn't even seem a possible AT since Skull Kid...
0%

Want: 0%
The guy's too cool for smash bros!

Tails: 1.10%
3rd party.

*Speaking of third party*

Slime*5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Groose: 3% (GOSH DARN IT IM NOT DELUSIONAL)
Want: 60% honestly don't care as much as I once did, but him in would make me smile, just like all the newcomers so far.

Tails: 1.76%

Noms:
Tetra (without zelda) xMAX so like 5 I guess

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Groose
Chance 1%
If they REALLY want to surprise us, then maybe he might just be added.
Want 50%
He's one of my absolute favorite Zelda characters, but I just don't really care for him being playable. However, I don't see how I can be upset if he was so...indifferent.

Tails Prediction 2.2%

Nominations
Jimmy T. x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom