• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Rosalina chance: 12.5% She may have become a playable character, but it doesn't really mean she'll be playable in Smash. I'd give her more playable roles before considering her.
Rosalina want: 45% I think a space princess would be cool to play as.
Waddle Dee Chance: 12.5% Probably a similar situation to Rosalina. I'd would also give Bandanna Dee more playable roles before considering him.
Waddle Dee Want: 25% Meh, IMO I don't think he brings much.
Captain Syrup Prediction:
4.16% Don't expect much from Captain Syrup though.
Nominations:
x5 Nintendog

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll try to keep the ratings as realistic as I can.

Rosalina
Want: 80%
Chance: 20%

While Rosalina has been getting some positive attention lately, she still has to contend with Toad and Bowser Jr., who are both at a higher priority level.

Waddle Dee
Want: 40%
Chance: 10%

Unless we're talking about the Waddle Dee who's wearing the bandanna, generic enemies typically don't make the cut.

Captain Syrup
Prediction: 5%

I can't really think of too much for Captain Syrup that would warrant a playable choice.

Nominations
x5 Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp any way, time for my ratings
Rosalina - 5.25%
she have gotten new playable status, but will that really help her? all that makes her is a contender for one of the limited spots available on the roster, her competition outweigh her, her status was shown long before this smash, and her new playable status came out AFTER smash bros wii u/3ds was revealed, and since the roster was decided before hand, her chances has not raised much.
want - 40%
I do not like this idea much, mainly because I'll feel like we got a useless newcomer.
Bandanna Dee - 57.55%
lets just say he has better chances than others, but the need and likeliness of a new Kirby newcomer kind of hits him where it hurts, but there is still a chance that the little guy could end up in the game.
Edit: I now bumped up my score, thanks to influence form Brawler610 reasoning:p
want - 100%
we will have the perfect slots for Kirby, and who honestly hates Bandanna Dee? if there was a petition to get him in there, sign me up mate
captain syrup - 7.41%
another one I have no idea to rate, but I figure she'll do better than that Dr.
nominations:
time to bring this guy up on the boards,
Dark pitX15

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rosalina want: 15%
Likelihood: 2%

Waddle Dee want: 75%
Likelihood: 15%

Captain Syrup: 4.35%

Rhythm Heaven rep x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Rosalina: 40% her in SM3DW and a Galaxy stage can't bee coincidental.
Want: 80% she has so much potential, it bugs me when people say she would be a peach clone. it really stings, you know? they can just buzz off

Waddle Bee (I'm assuming it's bandanna dee): 25% Bandanna Dee is one guy who I really think has some chance. but it's likely he's just be combed over by the devs.
Want: 75% he's a cool dude.

Captian syrup: 3.75% really don't think a wario-land character would bee a good choice. warioware and mona is where it's at.

Noms:
Beedrill x3
Eevee x1
Pichu x1

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Congratulations to Lonekonwolf!

On to the ratings-

Rosalina - 4% Although she is a fairly popular choice, she has only been in the Mario franchise for a few years. Toad, Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are all part of the huge competition she is facing, having been around longer and the latter two of them having much, much more potential than her. Toad has decent potential as well.

Want - 40% Eh, she could be cool. But I'd much prefer Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario.

Bandana Dee - 20% Certainly the next most obvious choice for a Kirby newcomer, although unfortunately that is not saying much, as he is rather lacking in two factors: Relevancy and popularity (to my knowledge). However he does have potential and seems to be slowly rising in his importance in the Kirby series, so that at least gives me hope the little guy will start to appear more often in the Kirby series and perhaps gain a little more personality. His chances are low, but certainly not impossible.

Want - 100% Believe it. He's one of my most wanted newcomers. I have taken a liking to both the Dee himself and the Spear ability, I'd love to see him playable in Smash.

Captain Syrup Prediction - 12.2%

Well, she is the only recurring villain in the Wario Land franchise IIRC, and the first villain to appear in one of Wario's own games, to be specefic the very first one. But she does have a lot of competition with characters from the WarioWare franchise as well..

x5 Count Bleck.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Unless we're talking about the Waddle Dee who's wearing the bandanna, generic enemies typically don't make the cut.
I'm pretty certain we are talking about Bandanna Dee here. A number of folks voted towards "Bandana Dee" yesterday, but he is named Waddle Dee by all official material, which can lead to confusion as people tend to use the two names interchangeably.

On to today's nominations...
Princess Rosalina

Chance - 17% - She's now reached contender status due to SM3DW, but she is still miles behind both Toad and Jr. Her biggest obstacle is competition, and there are several other characters besides the big two that she must worry about.

Want - 55% - I actually quite like Rosalina, but the concept of anyone besides Toad appearing as playable first just plain weirds me out too much.

Waddle "Bandanna" Dee

Chance - 33% - A bit better than Rosalina due to a lack of major competitors. Not exactly the best chances, though, due to the fact that adding another character may be seen as over representing, and taking Sakurai's modesty into account. Still, if HAL pushes for him, he may get in somehow.

Want - 82% - I really do like the little guy. While I want him in, other characters take priority over Dee.

Captain Syrup Prediction - 2.7% - Some supporters, but the fact that almost all content in Brawl comes from Wario Ware basically eats (or maybe drinks, in this case) away much of her chance.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
YES,FINALLY!
Rosalina.
-Chances:40%
-Want:90%
BANDANA DEE.
-CHANCES:77%
-WANT:100%
Captain Syrup:6%

And guys...be careful with what you write...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Rosalina:

Chance: 3%
I don't care what's going on with her right now; there is no possible way she's getting in over Toad or Bowser Jr.. Paper Mario may also be competition. She has her merits, don't get me wrong, but she needs more playable roles to even think about competing with Toad, and she needs mountains of more requests to get over Bowser Jr.

Want: 7%
Could be cool, and I like Zelda and Peach, but I do not want her if it means not getting my third most-wanted character in Toad.

Waddle Dee/Bandanna Dee:

Chance: 19% chance.
He has merits and no real competition in the Kirby franchise, but I don't think it's terribly likely. I wouldn't be that surprised, though. (Note: if he's in the next Kirby game for 3DS, he's going to be one of the biggest contenders for SSB5.)

Want: 64%
I like the little guy, but he's behind a lot of characters on my list. Spear would be beast, though.

Prediction on Captain Syrup:
4.6%
I expect it to be no higher than 7%. Not many people advocating for her.

Nominations:
x5 Daitoryo

D

Deleted member

Sorry if my reasonings might not be so good today. My brain is fried from doing a research paper for several hours (it's not even done yet!). Anyways...
Rosalina
Chance: 1%
I find that these scores are overestimating her. Rosalina was confirmed to be the fifth playable character in Super Mario 3D World. Whoop-de-doo. You know who also is playable in SM3DW and isn't playable in SSB4? Toad. Toad and even Bowser Jr. are more well-known, popular, and have more of an importance to the Mario series than Rosalina. While Rosalina is well-known and popular, I find that Toad or Bowser Jr. would do justice for a new Mario rep since they are well-known, popular, and have an importance to the Mario series. There is also a Super Mario Galaxy stage. Once again, whoop-de-doo. Super Mario Galaxy is one of Nintendo's most critically acclaimed games of all-time and it would be very, very foolish if Sakurai didn't represent the game in SSB4. Just because there's a stage doesn't mean it's for Rosalina. While Rosalina is worth rating on now, it can't be said later on as we look more and more into the roster. Nintendo would have to push for her inclusion in SSB4 and Sakurai would have to have prior knowledge of SM3DW… which I'm pretty sure that he lacked seeing that Super Mario Galaxy had no content in Brawl. Overall, Rosalina's 5 seconds of fame from the Smash community are up.
Want: 0%
I like Rosalina, but I want Bowser Jr. Her design reminds me of Peach and I rather have Rosalina be some alternate costume for her instead of a full-playable character (same with Daisy). Regardless of moveset potential she would have, I would be disturbed by her inclusion.

Time for me to rate a poor, underrated guy.
Bandana Waddle Dee
Chance: 75%
His chances should NOT be underestimated. He first appeared in Kirby Super Star as a joke boss in Kirby Super Star and then resurfaced in Kirby Super Star Ultra. He then became a full playable character in Kirby's Return to Dream Land where he has used his spear to attack.
Why 75%? I see a lot going for him to be honest. First off, Nintendo and HAL have been putting emphasis on Bandana Waddle Dee. Not only is he the fourth playable character in KRtDL, but he is also featured in promotional artwork for Kirby's 20th Anniversary. Speaking of that, you know what two series that have 4 reps that have their Anniversaries celebrated? Mario and Zelda. On that basis alone, I can justify a fourth Kirby character and that character will be Bandana Waddle Dee. While Sakurai doesn't like to over-represent his series, I think that the Kirby series is popular and important enough to have a fourth representative. Bandana Waddle Dee also meets Sakurai's requirements for Smash as he would bring in something new and unique to the games. It's also not like incorporating him will be hard or anything. All of the blueprints are there in KRtDL; they can easily make a moveset for Bandana Waddle Dee.
The most important thing that Bandana Waddle Dee has going for him is his support. While he has some support in the west, he has a LOT of support in Japan! I was rather surprised myself when I found that one out! If Sakurai knows this, then I think that Bandana Waddle Dee would most likely be a newcomer that he would love to put in the game. I can't see him getting in before or over Little Mac or King K. Rool, but I can definitely say that he would be in the game in some form.
Overall, don't underestimate Bandana Waddle Dee just because he is a Waddle Dee. I truly think that he has a lot going for him. While I can't say that he is guaranteed to be on the roster, he would be the immediate forerunner for most likely Kirby rep. (it's not like there is a lot of competition for that anyway)
Want: 100%
My fourth most wanted newcomer behind Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and King K. Rool. I would actually be happy if Bandana Waddle Dee was a playable character! I absolutely love the spear ability and I think that Bandana Waddle Dee will have a fun moveset to play with. While I would understand that he isn't playable, I would be upset if he wasn't.

Captain Syrup Prediction: 3.49%
I dunno what to expect.

Nominations: Ninten 5x

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Waddle Dee
His chances should NOT be underestimated. He first appeared in Kirby Super Star as a joke boss in Kirby Super Star and then resurfaced in Kirby Super Star Ultra. He then became a full playable character in Kirby's Return to Dream Land where he has used his spear to attack.
Why 75%? I see a lot going for him to be honest. First off, Nintendo and HAL have been putting emphasis on Bandana Waddle Dee. Not only is he the fourth playable character in KRtDL, but he is also featured in promotional artwork for Kirby's 20th Anniversary. Speaking of that, you know what two series that have 4 reps that have their Anniversaries celebrated? Mario and Zelda. On that basis alone, I can justify a fourth Kirby character and that character will be Bandana Waddle Dee. While Sakurai doesn't like to over-represent his series, I think that the Kirby series is popular and important enough to have a fourth representative. Bandana Waddle Dee also meets Sakurai's requirements for Smash as he would bring in something new and unique to the games. It's also not like incorporating him will be hard or anything. All of the blueprints are there in KRtDL; they can easily make a moveset for Bandana Waddle Dee.
The most important thing that Bandana Waddle Dee has going for him is his support. While he has some support in the west, he has a LOT of support in Japan! I was rather surprised myself when I found that one out! If Sakurai knows this, then I think that Bandana Waddle Dee would most likely be a newcomer that he would love to put in the game. I can't see him getting in before or over Little Mac or King K. Rool, but I can definitely say that he would be in the game in some form.
Overall, don't underestimate Bandana Waddle Dee just because he is a Waddle Dee. I truly think that he has a lot going for him. While I can't say that he is guaranteed to be on the roster, he would be the immediate forerunner for most likely Kirby rep. (it's not like there is a lot of competition for that anyway)
My fourth most wanted newcomer behind Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and King K. Rool. I would actually be happy if Bandana Waddle Dee was a playable character! I absolutely love the spear ability and I think that Bandana Waddle Dee will have a fun moveset to play with. While I would understand that he isn't playable, I would be upset if he wasn't.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Bandana Waddle Dee
wow, that was impressive mate
also, looking at that point does make him look underestimated
hmmmm
. . .
. . .
(goes back and changes score)
YES,FINALLY!
Rosalina.
-Chances:40%
-Want:90%
BANDANA DEE.
-CHANCES:70%
-WANT:100%
Captain Syrup:6%

remember chandelure . . .

untiled.png

though we would have done it anyway:p, For The Cause!!!!!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Another day, another possibly salty day.

Rosalina: 11%- Her inclusion in 3DW and popularity are existant in the world of Nintendo. She's got Bowser Jr and Toad to bout with though, and Junior seems to have the edge.

Want: 5%- I'd prefer Toad to round out the SMB2/DDP + 3DW crew.

Time to rate my, hold your applause my friends....
MOST WANTED CHARACTER OF SMASH 4! NO JOKE!
YES,FINALLY!

Don't you worry, Chandelure.

Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee

Chances: Time for a more in-depth evaluation, Axle-Style!
PROS!
+Inclusion in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and many past titles
+Recurring and popular character
+Has tons of moveset potential
+Would round out the Kirby crew
+Has no competition
+Part of the Kirby franchise, a big-profile Nintendo series
CONS!
-Not as popular as other characters like Palutena or Little Mac
-Not as relevant or requested; Some argue that Kirby doesn't really need a newcomer
-Combed over by the developers

Well, looking at my evaluations, I can say this.
He's got one of the strongest shots, behind only a few competitors like King K. Rool, Little Mac and Palutena. He's been featured in a lot more artwork. Furthermore, I feel like some Kirby character is getting revealed soon (Kirby Triple Deluxe gets released on Jan 14, 2014 in Japan, we're bound to see someone with the website link on their page, newcomer or not) so I've just got a bit of hype!

So... coming out for my final thought on an actual percentage....
75% for his Chances. Strong, but not as strong as Little Mac or Palutena.

Want: Let's begin as to WHY I really want Bandana, and why he's my most wanted character.

While it may not look like it, I love the Kirby series. Behind Pokemon, it's my favorite Nintendo franchise. After having a nostalgia trip with Return to Dreamland when it came out, I began to take some thought on Smash 4's possible newcomers, with as little bias as possible. No matter what, I always ended up saving some slot for the little guy. He's adorable, he's got an awesome spear, even better, he rounds out the newer Kirby crew! And for costumes, we have Waddle Doo! So yeah, this guy is the top notch on my lists, my priorities and wants. He's epic, he's cute, and he has potential.

So... coming out with an obvious rate is obvious rate...
100.00% for my want. No doubt my most wanted, and if he gets no inclusion anywhere in the game, I will not be happy.

Captain Maple Syrup

Prediction: 4%- The Wario series, while having a new release with Shake It years ago, has grown much less popular. I don't expect a new player for Wario over someone like Little Mac or Palutena.

Who gets my nominations today?
Today, I'll be assisting lonekonwolf with Dark Pit!
Dark Pit X5

AXLE OUT!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Time to rate my, hold your applause my friends....
MOST WANTED CHARACTER OF SMASH 4! NO JOKE!

Don't you worry, Chandelure.

Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee

Chances: Time for a more in-depth evaluation, Axle-Style!
PROS!
+Inclusion in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and many past titles
+Recurring and popular character
+Has tons of moveset potential
+Would round out the Kirby crew
+Has no competition
+Part of the Kirby franchise, a big-profile Nintendo series
CONS!
-Not as popular as other characters like Palutena or Little Mac
-Not as relevant or requested; Some argue that Kirby doesn't really need a newcomer
-Combed over by the developers

Well, looking at my evaluations, I can say this.
He's got one of the strongest shots, behind only a few competitors like King K. Rool, Little Mac and Palutena. He's been featured in a lot more artwork. Furthermore, I feel like some Kirby character is getting revealed soon (Kirby Triple Deluxe gets released on Jan 14, 2014 in Japan, we're bound to see someone with the website link on their page, newcomer or not) so I've just got a bit of hype!

So... coming out for my final thought on an actual percentage....
75% for his Chances. Strong, but not as strong as Little Mac or Palutena.

Want: Let's begin as to WHY I really want Bandana, and why he's my most wanted character.

While it may not look like it, I love the Kirby series. Behind Pokemon, it's my favorite Nintendo franchise. After having a nostalgia trip with Return to Dreamland when it came out, I began to take some thought on Smash 4's possible newcomers, with as little bias as possible. No matter what, I always ended up saving some slot for the little guy. He's adorable, he's got an awesome spear, even better, he rounds out the newer Kirby crew! And for costumes, we have Waddle Doo! So yeah, this guy is the top notch on my lists, my priorities and wants. He's epic, he's cute, and he has potential.

So... coming out with an obvious rate is obvious rate...
100.00% for my want. No doubt my most wanted, and if he gets no inclusion anywhere in the game, I will not be happy.
another supporter, coming to raise the Cause for bandana Dee,
all this support for the little guy, is literally making me cry tears of joy mates,
Who gets my nominations today?
Today, I'll be assisting lonekonwolf with Dark Pit!
Dark Pit X5

AXLE OUT!
. . .
. . .
. . .
thank you my brother, thank you

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina: 26%
Someone's gotta use a moveset from Mario Galaxy.

Want: 60%
Rosalina's pretty cool. I could see myself maining her.

Waddadee: 5%
We just got two new Kirby reps in Brawl. Sakurai's probably going to give the series a break now.

Want: 22%
It would definitely be a testament to Sakurai's creativity if he could compile an entire moveset for Waddle Dee.

Captain Scirocco prediction: 5.57%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina
Likelihood: 5%

Want: 5%
just give Peach a Rosalina Pallet swap or something...

Waddle_Dee
Likelihood: 2.5%
I haven't seen Erimir's opinion yet, but he'd probably say that the sales don't support a 4th Kirby character in which I agree. Erimir if you're going to make a graph to explain why waddle-dee isn't getting in now is the time to do it. The people are going crazy!
On another note aside from sales, Waddle-dee works just fine as DeDeDe's side special.

Want: 25%
I do like the character in the Kirby games, but I'm not to big on Waddle-Dee being in smash. If he does get in, I can see him getting a moveset that revolves around his spear which I think is a cool weapon we have yet to see in smash. especially, when people are trying to squeeze all these damn sword characters in the roster. Anyways, when it comes to a staff or spear user my loyalties lie with Krystal.

Captain Syrup
Prediction: 2%

Nominations:
Krystal x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Rosalina
Likelihood: 5%

Want: 5%
just give Peach a Rosalina Pallet swap or something...

Waddle_Dee
Likelihood: 2.5%
I haven't seen Erimir's opinion yet, but he'd probably say that the sales don't support a 4th Kirby character in which I agree. Erimir if you're going to make a graph to explain why waddle-dee isn't getting in now is the time to do it. The people are going crazy!
On another note aside from sales, Waddle-dee works just fine as DeDeDe's side special.

Want: 25%
I do like the character in the Kirby games, but I'm not to big on Waddle-Dee being in smash. If he does get in, I can see him getting a moveset that revolves around his spear which I think is a cool weapon we have yet to see in smash. especially, when people are trying to squeeze all these damn sword characters in the roster. Anyways, when it comes to a staff or spear user my loyalties lie with Krystal.

Captain Syrup
Prediction: 2%

Nominations:
Krystal x5
Actually, this is his prediction for Kirby:
Predicted slots: 3.22 ____ Predicted move sets: 3.64

It's very possible to get a new Kirby character, It's just more likely we're getting nothing according to his calculations.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rosalina:
Likelihood: 18%
Despite the flurry of announcements relating to her, she's still behind Toad, Bowser Jr. and probably Paper Mario.

Want: 60%
A Mario newcomer is always a plus in my book.

Waddle Dee:
Likelihood: 9%
Most people seem satisfied with Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight. While he's decently popular, he also has Sakurai's humility to worry about.

Want: 55%
Admittedly, I've grown to like him. Still not enough to support him, though.

Captain Syrup prediction: 10%
She's an underrated character. I don't expect it to be high given the dearth of Wario Land references in Brawl.

Dr. Mario x 5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Rosalina
Chance: 3% she needs to compete against the Elite Four of the Mario Series (Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi) to get to the top and finally win against the champions of each series (Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, Samurai Goroh / Black Shadow, Krystal, Tingle / Tetra, Chrom / Roy, Bandana Dee) is not going to happen.
Want: 30% It could be cool to play as her.

Rerate Character
Bandana Waddle Dee
Chance: 5% pretty much as the above comment, a little more because he does not need to compete against any character in the Kirby Series.
Want: 5% there are still many more Spear / Staff / Bo users that have a better potential moveset than him. Example:

Prediction
Captain Syrup: 4.3%

Nominate
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Rosalina

Chance: 10% Things seem to be going in her favor lately however I still don't think she will get in over the other Mario characters.
Want: 50%

Waddle Dee

Chance: 70% Well he's the clear choice if the Kirby series gets 4 reps and he uses a spear which is pretty cool and would give him tons of potential.

Want: 90% Well I'm more a sword guy but I guess he would be cool, not as cool as Fire Marth though.

Captain Syrup: 3.4%

Hades x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Rosalina
Chances: 10% She has had some good things in her favor lately, but still Toad, Bowser Jr. and a couple other characters still outprioritize her in importance.
Want: 50% Don't really care either way.

Bandana Dee
Chances: 5% He got a couple roles, but I don't think that's enough to justify Kirby getting a fourth slot yet when it's content with its current roster. If he starts appearing more often later on then maybe.
Want: 40% Rather ambivalent, but I'm not enthusiastic on the idea of Kirby getting another rep at the moment.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Rosalina:
Chances: 25%
I think her chances have improved, but not by much. One thing to consider is the consultation of other developers. If Sakurai goes to Nintendo EAD Tokyo (current main developers of the main Mario series), and asks them who should he add, you can bet that they would go with the one that's their 100% creation. That's what led to her inclusion in that game's that coming out. She's the developer's favorite, which is her most important trait. She still behind Bowser Jr and Paper Mario. Toad's chances are dependent on your views on how much Sakurai trolls (I generally think he does less than everyone else) and Waluigi won't be in the game because he's a fairly hated character who wasn't designed by Nintendo. That doesn't hurt his chances in who owns him (as he 's 100% Nintendo), but it's why Rosalina will be appearing as a playable in a title in the main series, while the best Waluigi can muster is being a small cameo in the Wario Ware series, even 13 years after his creation.
Want: 99%
I'm jumping on the Rosalina hype train. Rosalina is a brand new creation that to me, represents the significant work that EAD Tokyo has done to make the main mario series have some of the best games of the past generation. She also feels a bit different to me than other newcomers, as she feels newer and more of broad palette. I hope to see her in the game and she will be on my want rosters from now on.

Waddle Dee
Chances: 5%
Unless Sakurai feels compelled to give Kirby a fourth rep, the series will stick with three. Sakurai's always worried about bias and Kirby isn't big enough for four reps.
Give me Prince Fluff!

Predictions:
Captain Syrup: 5.89%

Nominations:
Matthew (GS) x 5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Rosalina: 10% recent stuff
Want: 35% She shouldn't get in before Junior or Toad. She's not that important. Still better than Waluigi or another Mario.

Bandanna Dee: 15% He's really generic and Waddle Dee's are already part of D3's movepool. Heck, I could see him as an assist or an adventure mode enemy.
Want: 60% Spearcopter! :bee:

5x Dark Samus

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Rosalina:

Chance: 3% - Despite her recent shenigans, she is still being ranked under Toad, and she also has to bypass Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, two characters who actually have made a name for themselves. If SM3DW mattered, then we'll see Toad, not Rosalina, so her playable role in that game matters little to none. People are being swept up in the hype, she's still the exact same place as she used to be.

Want: 0% - Never really understood what was so appealing about her, she's just another princess to me.

Waddle Dee:

Chance: 20% - I don't see Kirby needing a new character, and I don't see Waddle Dee being prioritized over so many other potential newcomers. He might have had a better chance if he had the potential of being a last minute clone addition. Still, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him, since he has become an important part of the Kirby series, so he doesn't fall into the abysmal catergory. If he keeps on being important, he's kind of a shoe-in for the next Smash Bros after this one though.

Want: 65% - Anything from Kirby that isn't called Gooey gets at least over 50% want from me.

Captain Syrup Prediction: 3%

Nominations:
5x Brawl Pokémon and Mewtwo

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina:
Chances: 10% - She's become more relevant since the new announcements but has a lot of competition against her
Want: 75% - I love the Mario Series and its characters and think she is one of the best developed

Bandana Dee
Chances: 20% - He's undoubtedly the next in line for a Kirby rep but I don't see Kirby getting one at the time
Want: 30% - I don't hate him but in a limited roster as this one, I think he takes away the oportunity of better chacters to appear

Syrup's Prediction: 3,6%

Nomination:
Blaziken x 5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Rosalina Chance: 10% well 3D world proves she has staying power in the super mario lore and all but honestly there are a decent amount of Mario characters that would definitely come before her. The only reason I place her at 10% is because of her decent chance of becoming a last minute semi-clone
Want: 0% I don't like Peach and this gal isn't much better.

Waddle Dee Chance: 35% Well he's the go to new Kirby character... If there is a Kirby character. (assuming this is bandanna dee which it should be =P)
Want: 90% Yes please.

Captain Syrup: 4.02% =P

Nomz:
x5 Bulborb

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Rosalina

chance 38% I don't think SM3DW raises her chance I think it only speaks for them, she probably had them all along except now people realize she's more permanent character. I consider Toad to be her biggest competition maybe after his reveal I can easily see her being justified some favoritism. If she misses this time I expect her to become a big deal by the next or she can always get an assist in this too.
want 65% She could be an interesting heavyweight fighter with Galaxy based attacks, and as a character Rosalina is one of the best written of the series.

Waddle Dee

chance 35% He's more than likely the go to character for a Kirby newcomer, but Kirby getting the newcomer is what I am doubting.
want 40% I'm not a Kirby fan but a spear user would be interesting.

x5 Pauline

Captain Syrup 3.82%

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Rosalina
Likelihood: 45% Her unexpected playable appearance in SM3DW raises her chances to be in I think. And as far as I've seen ,she seems to be a very popular character in the Mario franchise.
Want: 75%. I'd sure love to be her but I'd prefer Paper Mario as the Mario newcomer.

Waddle Dee
Likelihood: 75%
Want: 100%. One of my four most wanted newcomers (just look at my signature ^^). I'd love a fourth Kirby Character and his spear abilities seem to be very potent.

Captain Syrus prediction: 2%

Nominations: Paper Mario x3
Bayonetta x2

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina 5-10% extremely far down the line compared to other more important, more consistent, more iconic and more popular mario characters despite sm3dw.

Bandana Dee 60-80% 4th playable in Kirby's return to dreamland, having a layed out moveset and is a waddle dee which is an iconic kirby enemy

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Rosalina: 10%
Wanr: 50%
Bandana Dee: 25%
Want: 50%
Syrup: 7% She's gotta do better than Kawashima, right?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Rosalina:

If anyone's had a good week, it's Rosalina.
Chance: 15%
Rosalina's back as the 5th 'secret' character(worst kept secret; game isn't even released yet, and everyone on the planet knows) in Super Mario 3D World. A Galaxy stage just showed up and she's not in the background. Roughly at this point I'd say she was the third most likely Mario character after my main man Toad(Captain/Buckenberry/regular) and Bowser Jr.

She has plenty of moveset potential and I have yet to meet anyone who hates the character unlike her potential rivals. She's in a good spot right now that's for sure, but both Bowser Jr and Toad have senority, more involved roles(Toad has been playable in more games, Bowser Jr. is the second most important villain in the series) and Paper Mario and Waluigi shouldn't be underestimated either with both having huge fanbases.

Want: 45%
Rosalina is a fairly interesting character, one of the few with a backstory within the Mario franchise(because Miyamoto is dead against plot for some reason), she is important to the plot of Galaxy and she's a overall just a nicely handled character.

Of course I'm a Toad fan first and foremost and thus I want him in first, but I've warmed up to Rosalina over the past few days now she's not just a plot point but a playable character and now cemented as a regular. I'd probably still prefer Waluigi over her too, but considered this time last week I would of ranked her below Daisy in terms of want, her day came up at the best possible time.

BANDANNA DEE
Chance: 50%
Bandanna Dee is in a weird position. If there's a Kirby newcomer, he's guarenteed. But there's a strong chance there won't be, which means I have to throw Bandanna Dee a 'sitting on the fence' 50% for chance.

Want: 65%
I enjoyed his inclusion within Return to Dreamland, and he's about the only extra Kirby character I'd want. MAYBE Gooey, but Bandanna Dee is a little cooler. He's not in my top ten wants, but nor is he a character I'm indifferent too either. He's basically the Kirby equivalent to Toad; one of many species that serve a monarch. It'd seem hypocritical to NOT like Bandanna Dee to some extent.

Captain Syrup: 7%
Can't see her getting high results despite her being a pretty cool bad guy, and the only person to screw Wario over repeatedly other than Mario.

And Toad.

Nominations:
Substantial Yoshi Alterations (Yarn, Babies) X 5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Rosalina: 5% Meh, not very likely imo.
Want: 0% No, just no.

Waddle Dee: 20% Sakurai I hope you get over your humbleness

Captain Syrup: 2%

x5 EXITEBIKER!!! VROOM VROOM!!!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Rosalina:
Popular for some reason, but not important, and ultimately a character who could easily be over exposed if Nintendo keeps wheeling her out. Jr, Toad, Waluigi and Daisy should all come way before her.

Chance: 0.2%
Sakurai has before followed short term popularity like Lucario and Roy, but ultimately both looked to have a greater importance to the series at the time, being a pokémon they are still really pushing (canonically and in terms of your playing the first Mega-Evolution) or the hero of Elibe (at the time could have been more than 2 games, and was the first game to leave Akaenia). Roselina has had her day, and is now there as the popular cameo appearance.

I didn't care for that character in Galaxy, I didn't see the point in her... I definitely don't want her in smash.

And before people jump at me shouting back story, Mario lasted this long without one, and I don't really care about the back story as long as I save my princess at the end; it's not about the story, it's about the platforming. And because someone's probably going to say 'she's better written than other potential Mario reps', I agree, if we put Mario at 1, and hamlet at 10 then she probably gets a 1.6, while Jr only picks up a 1.55 and toad a 0.3, but just look how close those numbers are and consider how little Mario back story matters and I say who the flying squirrel gives a damn? Luigi is better written than Rosalina just in the way the brotherly bod and his overcoming his fears are portrayed, and his character's pretty 1-dimensional (though that's a dimension more than mario).

I hate the character, please don't put her in smash bros.

Bandana:

Chance: 0.5%
Sakurai is humble; it took three games to get a second (and third admitedly) kirby rep, I really don't see it happening again so soon.

Want: 40%
Go to, spears make for a cool fighting style, but the character is lacking in... well, character.

Sweet like Syrup: 0.9%
I don't know what other people think, but I don't rate her chances pretty much at all.

Tails*5
(looks like we're going to get a consecutive sonic character rating... I feel like I'm making a Fire Emblem run.)

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Rosalina:

With SM3DW coming out, I think she's the most likely Mario newcomer. (better than Toad because Peach)

Want: 15%
Honestly, I never stopped to consider Rosalina as a newcomer. I guess she'd be cool.

Bandana Dee:

Chance: 5%
Before Return to Dream Land, Waddle Dees were just Goombas in the Kirby universe. Kirby, Dedede, and MK are all big characters while Dee is just a Goomba with a hat. Besides, he's in Dedede's moveset!

What if someone gave a Goomba a gun and made him a 4th playable character along with Mario, Luigi and Toad? Would you rampage all over Smashboards saying how much you want Bazoomba? I thought so.

Captain Syrup: 4%

Nominations: Sinnoh Trainer x5 (Come on, nominate with me!)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Rosalina:

With SM3DW coming out, I think she's the most likely Mario newcomer. (better than Toad because Peach)

Want: 15%
Honestly, I never stopped to consider Rosalina as a newcomer. I guess she'd be cool.

Bandana Dee:

Chance: 5%
Before Return to Dream Land, Waddle Dees were just Goombas in the Kirby universe. Kirby, Dedede, and MK are all big characters while Dee is just a Goomba with a hat. Besides, he's in Dedede's moveset!

What if someone gave a Goomba a gun and made him a 4th playable character along with Mario, Luigi and Toad? Would you rampage all over Smashboards saying how much you want Bazoomba? I thought so.

Captain Syrup: 4%

Nominations: Sinnoh Trainer x5 (Come on, nominate with me!)
#Bazoomba4smash yes I would =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom