• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It's crazy how many people I'm coming across in NASB circles who have never seen the show, for that matter. I swear it wasn't this obscure when it was new and running.
Even here in the US I don't remember it airing much when I was a kid. It was still mid-run when I was around 6 or 7 but I only ever remember it airing on Sunday afternoons.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Abstain. I've never seen Angry Beavers and I don't have a solid grasp of which of the duo is more likely. Sure I could just read the other ratings (Which I did, good discussion everyone) but that means I would mostly be copying.

Noms: Transformers rep x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Sanjay & Craig
Chance: 5.25%
Want: 20%
Winner of predictions is Sid-cada Sid-cada , who predicted 7.54%, you get 5 extra noms!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstaining from Angry Beaver and Not So Angry Beaver because I am taking way too long.
Eliza prediction: 15%
Noms: Arnold x4, Otis x11
DAY OVER
Rate Eliza Thornberry, predict Luna Loud and Arnold.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
eliza. a character presumably named by someone who didn't realize that eliza dolittle isn't related to dr dolittle

chances: hmm 25% my gut says another wild thornberrys character isn’t high on the list. I’m not sure who’s more popular so I can’t say who has the edge. But I get the feeling that it’s not Eliza and as we know main characters aren’t given special treatment. Even then I get the nagging feeling that my score is gonna be generous compared to everyone else. Still nothings impossible, until the game dev ends.

want: 75% you know what it’d be kinda fun. I’ll admit that I don’t remember the show to well, to the point that I completely forgot about donnie, but I’d still welcome a second character. And if they can design a move set for her I’d just want to see what they’d do. It’d be cool if she could call on the various animals she spoke to over the series. Though I don’t think it’s too likely. Overall I think it’d be fun.

noms to spike (rugrats)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Eliza Thornberry

Chance: 20% -
Nigel's inclusion has definitely given more attention to the show, and her inclusion in Nick Extreme Tennis is a sign that Nick DOES still care about her! There's also the matter of her announcer call in the game's files, which shows that she was considered a possibility during development!

Though outside of that, Eliza has a lot of hurdles to climb. She was never the most popular character in her show, and people aren't really asking for more Wild Thornberrys representation at the moment (aside from the occasional mention of Donnie, who's a stage cameo anyway). Likely due to a mix of second rep requests going to other, more popular shows (Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, etc) and people mainly being in it for the Nigel memes. So she doesn't have the demand that other passed-over protagonists like Jimmy or Arnold have (though in this case, she at least doesn't have inter-series competition since Nigel's out of the way and there isn't much demand for the rest of the cast either). There's also the factor of what her moveset would require. Even with the added DLC budget/focus on a smaller group of characters, it might not be feasible to make the many models/animations/AI it would require for an Animal Summoner moveset. So unless Nick Corporate steps in and really wants to push the Thornberrys I don't see us getting another rep this game.

Want: 85% - As someone who loves wildlife I really liked The Wild Thornberrys as a kid, and was genuinely excited when Nigel got announced for the game! I'm one of the few who loves the stage and music as well, they put a lot of heart into it and it sounds like something you'd hear on the show! Eliza was also a very lovable character, and I really enjoyed watching her adventures (and I feel that they've held up well over the years as well!), so I'd be more than down to see more Wild Thornberrys content! We don't yet have a summoner character, and Eliza's interacted with loads of different kinds of animals over the course of the show. This provides endless ideas for moves, so with a decent budget and plenty of heart they could pull off something very cool. As for the stage, the Thornberrys visit loads of super exotic locales throughout the show's run, so there are a lot of choices! Though the two most prominent, especially early on, were the Amazon Rainforest and the African Savannah. Wild Waterfall covers the rainforest theme, so Eliza's stage could cover the African theme! Have a spawling savannah backdrop with a stunning sunset, where animals periodically wander through. The static cameo could be another convee one, this time with Debbie sitting on the roof reading a magazine. The more dynamic, Donnie-esque cameo would show the two poaches Kip and Neil (reoccurring villains on the show) sneaking through the grass, ready to capture some elephants, but the herd is spooked and comically chases the duo off screen. Really, there's so much you could do! While my highest priorities lay elsewhere, especially when it comes to series getting more reps, I'd really love to see Eliza join the roster, and complete the show's dual protagonists! Eliza and Nigel share a strong bond throughout the series, especially in the movie, and I'd love to see the two fight side by side!

father and daughter.png

Nominations:
(Rerate) El Tigre x10

Predictions:
Luna Loud - 24.18% - I expect some decent scores for Luna, given the status of her show. But even as a fan of hers...we'll get into that later. That poll looks pretty bleak...

Arnold - 59.46% - The devs 90s bias and his strong showing in the recent poll are definitely gonna net some good scores on his side! His only caveat is getting out-prioritized by higher-placing Top 25 members.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chance - 5%
Wild Thornberrys was pretty popular when it ran. It ran for 5 seasons and had two theatrical movies, one of which was a crossover with Rugrats, hands down Nickelodens most famous cartoon not starring a yellow sea sponge, and the other was was an Oscar winner. But for a while it had kind of fallen to the wayside, not getting much crossover love. That all changed with this game. However. They went with family patriarch Nigel as the chosen character. Could we still see Eliza? I think the big thing Eliza has going against her is that Nigel was chosen over her in the first place. This was obviously for a reason. Be it that they felt Nigel was just more interesting, if they wanted to cash in on the memes, or (most likely) a little bit of both. Now. Opinions can always change. Eliza did show up in the Tennis game. But the big difference is that game is developed in hosue at Nickelodeon. It's likely Eliza was a push from them, rather than NASB where we had Ludosity pushing for Nigel. I still think they're probably gonna stick to their guns. Especially with how special DLC spots are. The big thing that kills her chances is that I don't think we're gonna get many extra reps for existing series as DLC, as I think they're gonna focus on new series, and if we do get any they're more likely to be from huge mainstay series like Spongebob and Avatar, maybe a fan favorite series like Danny Phantom or Invader Zim at a push. Consdering how much they apparently had to fight for Nigel in the first place, I don't think there's a ton of chance of there being a second rep. I often hear pepole bring up an animal summoning moveset, but honestly I'm not sure if doing something that would require them to create several new models would be the right move. Even if we where to get a wild Thornberrys character, there's allways the small chance they choose to go with someone like Darwin or Donnie instead. For a potential NASB sequal I'd actually say her chances are farily decent, but for this game I'd say she just has too much going against her.

Want - 15%
She's completely fine. While this show wasn't one of my absolute favorites, I still watched it. I rememeber liking it well enough. Eliza's a good main character, even if her side cast are a little more interesting. have a soft spot for that Klasky-Csupo artsyle. I do think they could probably do something interesting with her. I'd be down with an animal summoning moveset like is often brought up. But she's hardly my most wanted character. I'm fine with just Nigel as the Wild Thornberrys rep. I'd prefer they focus on new shows and there are other shows i'd rather see get a 2nd rep. But she's an inoffensive choice. I'd be more okay with her if they made a sequal to this game or soemthing similar. Thiugh I have to admit I think Donnie would be very fun if we where to get a second Wild Thronberries character. He'd have such a fun moveset.

Arnold Predicton - 17%

Noms to Power Rangers

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Eliza

Chance: 0%
Eliza is the main character of The Wild Thornberries. However that show already got a rep in her dad Nigel. That means Eliza was deliberately skipped once already, which could imply the devs don't see her as worth adding.

Whatever the reasoning for her exclusion is, at the moment she really doesn't have much demand. Nor was there ever an outrage for her absence unlike with Jimmy, Raph and Donny. Even if we get characters from series that are already represented, I predict those will be from the absolutely biggest series: SpongeBob, TMNT, Avatar, Loud House. Wild Thornberries is way behind and without major demand pushing her Eliza likely won't stand out.

Also from what I'm hearing, Eliza would have to be a summoner type character? Yeah, they don't have the budget for that, and I don't know if the game could even run it.

Want: abstain
Never seen her show. She might be cool, and I really disliked her father's moveset, so I'm open to another rep that would fix that. The summoner concept sure is appealing. But I don't particularly care, and also would rather get reps from new shows.

Noms: SwaySway and Buhdeuce
Luna prediction: 8%
Arnold prediction: exactly what Eliza ends up scoring (is this allowed?)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Eliza Thornberry

Chance: 5%

Eliza was passed over in favor of Nigel, notorious for his memes and generally more popular and memorable a character. She doesn't have much in the way of moveset potential beyond being a summoner, which would be hard to do with this game's budget and technical limitations. She also has almost no demand. For a lot of people, Nigel is enough.

Want: Abstain
I pretty much avoided this show as a kid. Didn't like it much. Found it boring and didn't like Eliza's design (and still don't. She ain't easy on the eyes).
So I have no talking horse in this race because I just flat out don't care about Eliza as a character at all.

Predictions
Luna: 15%
Arnold: 20%

Noms for Angelica and Chef Gordon Bleugh.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Eliza Thornberry

Chance - 0.5% - Eliza was passed over for her father in the base game. While there are some heads scratched, overall most people are fine with this decision. When it comes to adding her to the game, some people go "she might be interesting," but otherwise she lacks momentum or enthusiasm, as many people either focus on getting the really popular characters from shows already in, or want to focus on newer shows. Heck, even if her show did get another character it's a question if she would be chosen with the likes of Donnie around. I struggle to see her get in, especially if she has to rely on animals much more than her father.

Want - 60% - I'm not an active supporter, but she's fine. I don't mind her, but there are other characters that I would rather get in first.

No predictions because I got extra nominations.

Nominations

Nate Wright X10

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Considerably Least "Wild" of the Thornberrys
Chance: 5%

Main protagonist she may be, Eliza doesn't have much going in her favor. The sad fact is that she was never the most popular character on The Wild Thornberrys; it was always Nigel, Darwin, Donnie, or pretty much anyone else not named Eliza. That's not to say she's a bad character or anything (which would be a matter of opinion and wouldn't factor into my chance rating), but she hasn't been swept up in the main-protag hype that's kept characters like Arnold and the Turtles in the conversation. There's also the fact to consider that she was already skipped over in favor of Nigel, which may be indicative of a lack of interest on the devs' part - let's be honest, it probably is considering she was put in that Nickelodeon tennis game with no issue. At best, Eliza might be first in line if The Wild Thornberrys ever gets another rep, but that very much feels like a "next game" thing, if even.

Want: 10%

I watched a little bit of Wild Thornberrys as a kid and I even saw both movies, though to be honest I couldn't tell you what happens in either. (Other than that the Rugrats show up in one of them and the dog talks.) Eliza herself doesn't really appeal to me in terms of design or moveset potential, and to be brutally honest, I think they made the right call picking Nigel over her. (Did you guys know Nigel was originally gonna be the main character back when TWB was planned as an adult cartoon, and Eliza [then named Alex] was intentionally designed as a snotty ugly kid? Wild how things turned out.) This is one character I do not care if they go back for, but good for her fans if they do, I guess.

Arnold Prediction: 26%
Unlike Eliza, Arnold actually has some decently strong fan demand going for him, with a lot of people left scratching their heads when Helga got in instead of him. For that, I think we'll see some much stronger scores from him.

Noms to Pig (Barnyard)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't know, she's much more wild than Darwin or Debbie are
I mean, Darwin's a monkey who occasionally exhibits some animalistic tendencies from my admittedly limited recollection of the show, and Debbie at the very least has an ego problem. I don't really know anything Eliza does that you could consider "wild" by comparison - at most, talking to animals would be considered outlandish by some.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know, she's much more wild than Darwin or Debbie are
Debbie was clearly having the time of her life on the cruise at the end of Rugrats Go Wild. She can go wild, she just doesn't want to do it with wildlife.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I know, but I still don't get how the adventurous young girl who runs head-first into the jungle at the first chance she gets and swings on vines/climbs trees is considered less 'Wild" than a voice of reason Chimpanzee and a teenager who spends most of her time sitting around the ComVee.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
A wild thornberry appears!

Chance: 10%

Eliza is in an interesting position. On one hand, there isn't a lot going against her. But at the same time there isn't anything pointing toward her either. The fact that her dad got in before her says a lot and with little fan demand, I don't see her being a priority.

Want: 15%

A summoner moveset would be sweet, but I never cared for The Wild Thornberrys. I caught reruns of it during the mid 2000's and it's a show that my younger self couldn't get into. I wouldn't be against Eliza, but I'm fine with Nigel being the sole rep of the series.

Predictions:
Luna - 13.50%
Arnold - 6%

Noms: Transformers rep x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Daggett Beaver
Chance: 56.67% (Day 22: 27.78%)
Want: 53.89% (Day 22: 58.33%)
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 42%. You get 5 extra noms!
Daggett is now our 8th most likely character.

Norbert Beaver
Chance: 28.33%
Want: 53.89%
Winner of predictions is DaUsername DaUsername with a prediction of 30%. 5 extra noms.

Daggett & Norbert
Chance: 14.36%
Want: 38.89%
Winner of predictions is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 , who predicted 13%. You get 10 extra noms!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstaining from Eliza.
Luna prediction: 10%
Arnold prediction: 9%
Noms: Otis x89
DAY OVER
Rate Luna Loud and Arnold, predict El Tigre and Otis.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
All it needs is love, love is all it needs
Chance: 50%
Want: 60%

I'm gonna be honest I'm not sure why we're re-rating Luna right now. Unlike characters like Jimmy, Timmy and Daggett, where certain happenings, changes and events have affected their overall speculative chances, I can't really say the same for Luna. Unless I missed something (and please let me know if I did, I'm not exactly on the pulse of NASB speculation anymore), Luna is more or less in the same spot she was in last time we rated her.
I'm gonna give her a slightly lower score than last time since while TLH seems very likely to get a new character in a potential sequel, it seems much less so for this game's DLC. Either way, if it's going to be anyone, it's more than likely going to be Luna.
Luna is a "cool character", has moveset potential, she's talked about the most and scores the best in polls, but overall TLH isn't "compatico" with NASB's target audience of nostalgic nimrods like us, and thus isn't at the top of fan demand lists. So she's in a great spot if TLH gets another character, but we don't know how likely that is.
I think Luna would be cool, and she's one of the TLH characters I personally like, so I'd be happy to see her alongside my other favorite Lucy.

'Ey Shortmaaan!
Chance: 45%
Want: 50%

I think Helga getting in over Arnold was a very smart choice. Not only is Helga more confrontational compared to the pacifistic Arnold, but by the end of the show's run, Helga had practically hijacked the main character status away from Arnold, getting much more focus, tons of development, and several solo episodes where Arnold barely appears if at all.
While Arnold isn't a flat character by any means, he was overshadowed by the rest of the cast and hardly got focus episodes anymore in the latter days of the show, something they even pointed out in the show proper, where Arnold, feeling underappreciated, briefly decides to stop being the one to help everyone else with their problems, the characterization he had been pidgeonholed into up until that point.
That said, Arnold does have a fair amount of demand (scored 21st in that fan poll last May) and is still a pretty iconic character. It'd be cool to see him, and it'd probably be smart to add him before any other Hey Arnold characters. But with focus being on adding in new shows, he'll probably be waiting a while
I like Hey Arnold a lot, so I'd be up for a second rep for the show, and again, Arnold would be the wisest choice before they throw in, like, Harold or something.

Noms for Angelica and Chef Gordon Bleugh

El Tigre prediction: 40%
Otis prediction: 50%

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Didn't we already do this or am I too old to remember all the Loud sisters?
Chance: 5%.
Either way, the same issue is present: Nick didn't want a second TLH rep in the first place, big show or not. A third rep still won't be any easier, especially since this is DLC where it seems like even if a game is a BABBY game for BABBIES that GETS FLAGGED AS YOUTUBE KIDS BY THE ALGORITHM, the DLC seems to lean towards older players.

First of all, there's SSBU, whose DLC comprised of characters that are either from 20+ year old games or not meant to appeal to children in the first place (plus Steve's weird situation where MC was meant for adults but nothing was explicitly adult about it so it quickly got a wave of kid fans who then became college-age adults). And before you point out that NASB's rules aren't Smash's let's look at some other games:
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed features DLC based on franchises both kids and adults like, plus Street Fighter which no matter how you slice it would be for adult HW fans
  • Sonic Forces had DLC items for your Donut Steel that involved Sega franchises meant for adults/that would mostly have adult fans now
  • Fortnite's collabs act like the game's stereotypical players are at least 10 years older
Thus, I think it's pointless to pull a Helen Lovejoy.

Hasta La Vi-wait, wrong Arnold
Chance: 15%.
Like Tommy, there are conspiracy theorists acting like the rep their shows got means their main protagonists are permanently locked out of the series. And like the theory that Tommy can't join because he'd get beaten up, the theory that Arnold's too nonviolent has a similar issue in that the game features a lot of attack animations which aren't attacks, and for that matter just because you're a pacifist doesn't mean you have to avoid violence entirely. Otherwise, Aang wouldn't be in this game. Also, that theory doesn't seem to suppress demand for Arnold as much as it does for Rugrats' babies, seeing those fan poll results from last May.

Want: 50%.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, it's Arnold's day

Chance: 3%
Much like Eliza, I think it's pretty clear that Arnold was left out for a reason. In his case, it's his chill attitude and pacifism that would make him feel off in a fighter. It's not that he couldn't have a moveset made for him (although remember the old maxim: slapstick ≠ moveset potential) but he's not really fighter material. And so the devs added Helga, the objectively better choice, and left it at that.

However, apparently people are asking for Arnold! I never really noticed that but he placed quite well in that poll. So maybe there is a chance that the devs will return to the idea. Still, it's not a hugely popular show and it already has one rep so it seems unlikely that it'll get the nod for now. There are just higher priorities at play I feel.

Want: 0%
I don't like Hey Arnold and he's a huge part of it. He's just such a boring, unbearable, smug little **** and I still can't understand why you'd center a show around him. I liked Helga and that's who we got and now she's my main so yeah, I got all I wanted from this.

Twisted Sister

Chance: 17%
Luna is the sister that likes rock n roll. She's apparently one of the most popular Loud sisters both with fans of the show and NASB fans (she placed the highest out of all her family members in the big poll). She certainly has potential for a rockstar archetype. I have seen a lot of people clamoring for the comedy sister (no I will not remember these names are you crazy) so I'd say for a third Loud House rep it's between these two. And I think a third rep is more likely than not considering the show's relevance, popularity, potential for fighters, and the fact that I don't think people hate on it to the degree that might have been expected.

Want: 100%
My experience with TLH boils down to the animated movie and she was definitely one of the highlights. I like rock and metal so yeah, she's cool in my book.

Noms: SwaySway and Buhdeuce
I'm just going to play the high game and predict a cool 50% for both Manny and Otis

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
obligatory "move it football head" joke

chances: err i guess he's in the same boat as eliza right? so 25% i'll say. honestly i'm a bit unsure about the nature of the shows fandom so i can't really comment there. so i'd have no idea who'd even be the fan favourite for a second character so i might as well just assume the main character. err that's all i got really.

want: 50% out of all the nick shows i watched this one of the ones i remember a bit more about. helga sleep walking due to pork rinds, washed up singer faking his own death, some guy calling himself monkey man and i think one where they accidently made two bullies become friends though that might have been something else. now that i think of it this was an odd show wasn't it? where was i? oh yes, i can get on board with him a bit due to remembering him a bit better than others.

abstain on the other. noms to spike

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Luna Loud

Chance: 5% -
The Loud House is still one of the biggest shows on Nickelodeon, having been in non-stop production since its' debut, and it's even getting a Live Action spinoff thanks to the success of that (awful) Christmas movie. New episodes are heavily promoted, and even if they've mostly stopped making merch for the show it is clearly going strong. In fact it's been confirmed for a seventh season. By the end of next year, The Loud House will take the spot of 2nd longest (episode count) Nicktoon, surpassing The Fairly Odd Parents and even RUGRATS. That's nothing to scoff at! If Nick Corporate played a more active role in the roster selection, we'd likely have even more reps for the show than we already have (we don't know what their problem with Lucy was). Some say that demand for a particular character is diluted, but it's clear that Luna is the most popular next choice, alongside Luan in second place. She's Chris Savino's favorite sister, and she gets a lot of development, which brings in a lot of fans. This show has basically everything, so why the low score?

I know people are tired of doom and gloom about the show in the main thread, but hear me out. In real estate, people say "Location! Location! Location!" as the fundamental rule. So with that in mind, I say this:

FAN DEMAND! FAN DEMAND! FAN DEMAND!

The game's roster going forward has been entirely driven by fan demand (along with a bit of developer's preference in Rocko's case), and the show's fanbase doesn't care for the 2010's of Nicktoons (with the exception of blue-haired gaming waifus, which get special privileges for some reason...). The Loud House, meanwhile, is often overlooked by the community, and sometimes seen as a punching bag even. Suggest a TLH rep for the game on the subreddit and watch those downvotes pour in! In fact Lincoln himself seems to be the least popular main in the game, according to a poll on the Discord server (Lucy fares a little better; I 100% guarantee that if Lincoln weren't in base game he'd never be in NASB ever unless Nick Corporate stepped in. And people who've never watched the show would immediately applaud the choice of passing over the """boring""" protagonist since he doesn't have an extremely obvious gimmick like his sisters do. But I'm getting a bit sidetracked. This is just to mention another disadvantage the show has). I understand that the shows you grew up with leave the biggest impact, most of my most wanted are 2000-2007 Nick characters. And true, Nick doesn't really have much in the way of appealing options for the 2010's, but I think TLH gets way more hate than it deserves.

Which brings us to the reason why I voted to rerate Luna: THE POLL! This poll was fantastic, but not for TLH. Luna was the highest rated character on the show, scoring at a whopping..... 105th... OUCH. That is not good, that's a LOT of competition you have to get through to even have a chance. Hell, WAFFLE WOMAN FROM REN AND STIMPY ranked higher than most of TLH's cast. In a fan-demand-based character selection, that's one of the worst situations to be in.

Alongside this, there's several other hurdles the show has to climb:

- The show lacks the meme power to make up for popularity/demand gaps. TLH never really broke into the meme crowd for whatever reason, and the bit that did take interest either made jokes about harems or jokes ****ting on the show.

- Lack of demand, TLH fans haven't really gathered together to support Luna or any of the others, contributing to the main problem.

- Smaller fambase - the show still has a dedicated fanbase, but the big crowd that used to really hype it up left the show a few seasons ago. So the fandom isn't what it used to be.

- The NASB fanbase has different priorities right now, from trying to get more franchises into the game, to second reps for other franchises (Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, etc). The Loud House has two reps already, one of the only five shows in the game to have more than one, so a lot of people probably see it as enough for now.

- In a world where second chances don't exist, the Chris Savino controversy may be impacting fan demand, and doesn't have audience love for the show to make up for it that the controversial creator characters in the top 25 have (Catscratch Trio + 5 Butch Hartman characters).

- If the devs wanna go for a rock star character, they may go for Ember McLain instead, who is squarely in the Top 25.

So Luna has loads of advantages in her home series, but The Loud House as a whole is in an extremely tough spot for getting another rep at all. A small chance next game, but this game? It's looking extremely bleak...

Want: 85% - I love Luna, and while I got my two favorite Louds in the game already I would REALLY love to see her! (and I'd love to see another Loud House character in general). Granted, I do currently have even biger priorities (such as more reps for shows like Spongebob, Avatar, Danny Phantom (one of which is Ember McLain, who shares the rockstar niche, etc), Jimmy/Timmy, and many others). Still, I think Luna could bring a lot to the game! Having her set up amps and such on the stage and play loads of different instruments would make for an incredibly fun and unique moveset! Pair that up with a kickass concert stage (with plenty of cameos in the audience!) and you have a very worthwhile Universe Pack on your hands! Play it Loud, dudes!

Arnold

Chance: 40% -
This is a passed-over protagonist I can see them going back for at some point! They did make the conscious decision to choose Helga instead for the base game, given she's a much more confrontational and scrappy character than the chill and pacifistic Arnold. Though despite being a very real show, Arnold DOES get violent a few times, knows karate, and has gotten involved in so many adventures that there's definitely a moveset you could craft from him. Even having him attack indirectly, there IS a place for him in this game! Unlike Eliza, there's a surprising amount of demand for Arnold, seeing as he typically polls well and placed in the Top 25 of the recent poll. Combine this with the devs preference for the 90's and I can see them potentially picking him if the DLC goes on long enough (though he may be out-prioritized by more Spongebob/Avatar/Danny Phantom picks, or much bigger requests like Jimmy, Timmy, and El Tigre). If not, he's an obvious pick for a sequel!

Want: 60% - Hey Arnold wasn't one of my top all-time Nicktoons but I still really enjoyed it as a kid! The writing was great and the characters were all very lovable! While Helga ended up getting more development and I ended up liking her a lot, I liked Arnold as well and I do think that the show's representation isn't complete without him! and like I mentioned, there's loads of things to pull a moveset from. Characters like Grandpa Phil, Harold, Stoop Kid, etc are funny but you already passed over Arnold once, no need to pull another Hugh. Craig Barlett also mentioned that Arnold and Helga canonically end up together, so seeing the two fight side by side would be adorable!

Nominations:
Shrek x All

Predictions:
El Tigre - 82.57% - Expecting a LOT of confident scores, given that he's filling in the demand gap Jenny left behind, along with polling well in general even before that!

Otis - 75.28% - Same as El Tigre, but filling in the Hugh demand gap instead!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Luna Loud

(Just copy-pasting from my old rerate)

Chance - 12.5% - Doing a bit of research from me reveals that she is considered one of the most popular characters, who's was liked enough that they recited increasingly important roles as the show has gone on. While I'm not certain how exactly to rate them compared to each other, or even if we will receive another Loud House character entirely. The show also runs into a sort of decade bias, where most of the fans are of 2000's era and the devs are shamelessly of the 90's era. While she has a better case than most, she's no where near guaranteed.

Want - 50% - Never saw the show. I don't have much feeling one way or the other.

Arnold

Chance - 15% - Officially, the devs have passed on him before. Helga was chosen over him, probably because of her bullyish nature lead itself better to a move set. Arnold's popular, but overall there is simply too much competition for him to get in immediately. While I can seem getting in if the game goes long enough, I'm not certain how many characters we'll be getting past Rocko and him not quite having that popularity makes it hard.

Want - 50% - I can understand wanting him. It's just that I don't have much care for him.

Predictions

El Tigre - 86.42% - Jenny 2.0, more or less.

Otis - 12.42% - I have no idea...

Nominations

Nate Wright X5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, I did say I'd get my real post in later, so let's get this done.

Arnold
Chance: 20%

Hey Arnold is a well-loved show, and one that the devs seem to like enough to have a preference on who gets in as we saw with Helga. Arnold may have been skipped over once before, but judging by what people in here are saying, he wouldn't be impossible to make a moveset for in spite of his pacifistic nature. Arnold's placement on the big poll showed that the demand for him is still there even when interest in other characters has waned, so that may persuade the devs to go back for him in the future. However, the fact that he's one of the game's known rejects and we don't know if another Hey Arnold rep is even in the question yet makes things a bit weird for him. I'll chalk it up to "it's possible" for now.

Want: 50%

I've never seen an episode of Hey Arnold, but even I have to admit that it's a little weird that the title character's only appearance in this game is on a prop in another character's moveset. As much as I respect the devs' decision to add Helga first on what they perceived to be better moveset potential, I am sympathetic to Arnold fans and hope they get their guy in someday.

Abstain on Luna Loud; I had nothing to say about her the first time, and nothing has changed since.

El Tigre Prediction: 62%
Otis Prediction: 50%
These two were already sleeper picks before the announcement of the Universe Pack, and things have only gotten better for them since. Expecting a positive change here, if anything.

Noms to Pig

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The one who makes the most sense to have loud in their name

Chance: 18%

So I am giving her a slightly higher score than last time, despite nothing changing. Why do I do that? Well to be honest I was kind of lazy with my previous Loud House ratings where I basically said "The sisters all have a decent chance but they cannibalize each other's likeliness". Of course that's still true to an extent, but others have pointed out how some of the sisters wouldn't make as much sense as others. For Luna, people keep saying that she is the most popular Loud House character and with her having a rockstar moveset, that certainly helps her out. So she is one of, if not, the most likely Loud House character.

But are we likely to see another character from this series? It's certainly possible. I have this feeling that we might get another 2010's character, but Loud House is the only really viable options and it has 2 reps already. Plus Drifloon has made a really good point. It doesn't matter if you are the most popular character from a show if the show itself isn't being requested that much. Apparently all the Loud House characters are placed low on fan polls. This point keeps getting brought up ad nauseam but it perfectly summarizes the dire situation of 2010's shows: The devs and main audience of this game are 90's and 2000's kids. That kind of seals the deal right there. Not saying another Loud House rep can't happen, but the competition is still fierce so I have my doubts.

Want: 5%

I kind of feel bad about giving the sisters zeroes now that I've watched some reviews on the show by some youtubers I follow. It's still not a show I want to watch, but I get the appeal now. Sure, the creator is....not a pleasant person but the episodes seem to have solid writing and the characters all have their own personalities which is impressive considering the bloated cast. I do have some more respect for it now, though with the show having two reps, I'm fine if it stays like that for this game.

oh **** it's Arnold

I'm tired right now but if I have time tomorrow, I'll do a writeup on him. But just in case I'll drop my noms.

Noms (using all extra noms)
Transformers rep x10
Concept: Non-Loud House 2010's character x10

D

Deleted member

Abstain on Luna. Never seen the LH.

Stupid Football Head
Chance - 15%
A very similar case to Eliza, of the protagnist being skipped over for an important side character, probably even more so, since his name is literally in the title. And like with Eliza, the devs would have had their reasons for skipping him. This was likely due to his pacifistic nature. Helga, on the other hand, is no stranger to laying the beat down, and was very popular in her own right. Now, it is possible they could come up with a moveset for Arnold. This team have shown they know how to get creative. But I think they might want to stick to their guns. Arnold's chances now all depend on if we get a second Hey Arnold rep as DLC. Hey Arnold is a very beloved show. It has five seasons and two movies, and is a show I often hear talked about fondly. Arnold and Helga both got in the Apple Arcade Tennis game, being the only series (at launch) to have more than two reps. Apparently a reboot or sequal series is something that has been discussed at Nick. I just don't think we're gonna get many second reps for existing series in the DLC, and there are more likely series even if we did. There's also the, small, chance that they could go with someone like Gerald, who could have a fun sports themed moveset. For a potential NASB sequal I think Arnold is actually a character who has a pretty decent shot.

Want - 50%
I liked Hey Arnold as a kid. Helga was a character I liked, so I was fine with her as a choice. I even sometimes play her in this game, whenever I get the chance to play it. But I do think Arnold is a character who it would be cool to see in his game. I definitely think you could make a moveset for him while still staying true to him as a character. I'd ideally like them to focus on new series for this game, but Hey Arnold is iconic and I think Arnold would be cool to see.

Noms to Power Rangers

Last edited by a moderator:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Luna Late
Chance: 2.5%
Unfortunately for Luna and the rest of her family, while TLH is one of the biggest Nick shows of all time, that doesn't really translate to fan demand for this game. Just look at the most recent fan poll, where the highest ranked TLH character isn't even in the top 100. While I still think she or one of her sisters could show up in the base roster for a possible sequel, as far as paid DLC for this game goes, assumingwe get any more after Rocko I don't see it happening.
Want: 75%
Luna isn't my number one Loud House pick, but I still think it would be cool to see her included. I think she'd definitely be really fun to play as.

Abstaining from football.
El Tigre prediction: 80%
Otis prediction: 70%

Noms: More alts x10
DAY OVER
Rate Otis and El Tigre, predict Concept: Transformers rep and Concept: Power Rangers rep

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
abstain. not looked up who they are since the last time we rated them

Noms to spike

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Respect Women Juice: 66.6% (decimal solely for the sake of satan memes)
OK, OK, hot take - Otis is a bit of a meme legend, and also the protagonist of his own show - these are two extremely important things in Otis' favour. While it is totally reasonable to believe Nick's execs haven't caught the meme wave, (considering they didn't even realise people were nostalgic for Jimmy Neutron until NASB speculation) NASB's devs know what's up, as evidenced by well... NASB itself. The Biggie Cheese music video is the most viewed YouTube result for "Barnyard" (including videos about non-specific barnyards by channels like Cocomelon) and one Snotty Boy Glow Up video commands 64M views. The IP is still discussed today for a multitude of reasons, both ironic and earnest, ranging from the movie's weirdly somber plot beats, to speculation of Otis' gender identity, to the surprisingly solid tie-in game... speaking of which...
Nickelodeon have been informed in some way about the demand for more Barnyard, specifically in the context of gaming. This makes me think execs would be slightly more willing to budge on Otis.

The main thing I think holds Otis back is that he's from the late 00s, the era when Schnieder's Bakery was in full gear, and Nicktoons were on the down thanks to the higher production costs they'd require compared to iCarly or Zoey 101, and because of that Nickelodeon try to forget the animated shows of that era that aren't Avatar - that being said, I think there's another 3 smaller problems in Otis' way, 2 of which I somewhat alluded to earlier...

Snotty Boy, Biggie Cheese, and Pig. Three memes titans arguably bigger than Otis. On the internet, these characters exist detached from Barnyard in the same way "monkey puppet" exists detached from "Kenta from Okiku Naru Ko" - hell, one of them is just treated as a younger version of a Dreamworks villain - however, regardless of how many people know it, these 3 are Nickelodeon property and are recognisable in their own right - I could probably go in-depth on these 3 on their own days (they do have a few downsides - Biggie Cheese's meme origins being sexual in nature and Snotty's meme being connected to Dreamworks to name two), but all I will say is that Otis getting Hugh'd is a very realistic scenario.

Abstain on El Tigre

3 Noms for Biggie Cheese, 2 for Timmy rerate

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not quite, aside from decent poll results for the Pig (which still gets the floor wiped by Otis' Top 10 placement anyway), these guys don't have any demand at all, let alone the community star power that Hugh had. All Barnyard demand is squarely on Otis.
I actually think the fact he isn't being discussed or requested is one of the biggest things in Biggie Cheese's favour at least, but I'll have to save that for his own day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom