• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate the ZSS...

FK1

Smash Journeyman
So...I finally decided to degrade myself and post a "Rate my/criticize my" thread. So, please. I'll appreciate real hints and criticisms... "Spacing" is something all ZSS's that play in tournaments should already know how to do, and I think I do it well enough...so please don't say "i r 1337; weenarz uze spazing!"

Thank y'all. :D

Match 1 and 2 of tourney play.

sasook

Smash Champion
Man, those were fun to watch. Your ZSS is pretty nice. I'm not that good with her, so I'm not sure what to say, but I'll give it a shot.

You didn't glide toss at all, try to implement that.

Always momentum cancel with uair, even for vertical hits.

You can avoid Snake's final hit of his nair but tapping up/right/left with the control stick. Works every time, guaranteed.

Try not to grab so much, you were landing most of them but you did get punished for attempting one in the second match with a utilt from Snake.

Other than that, really nice ZSS.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I watched the first match and was impressed. I didn't see any glaring flaws that needed to be improved upon, just a few minor things that don't really need to be touched on aside from a few random d-smashes in the beginning that I didn't understand.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I find that glide tossing works only in certain situations...Glide tossing into Snake's tilts are not a good idea. He's too slow to need to catch off guard, know what I mean?

As for the random down smashes...I think I expected him to drop down into it...lol

Do I Spot-dodge/roll too much? :(

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Very good ZSS.. I really like your spacing...
That Snake didn't know what to do.
Good stuff.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Also, is there a thread for what attacks can be escaped with C-stick DI...If not, someone should get on it...I know that with cstick I've UpAir'd out of Snake's Nair and hit him with it a couple of times. Did you mean up left and right in that order or whatever direction is away?

sasook

Smash Champion
I find that glide tossing works only in certain situations...Glide tossing into Snake's tilts are not a good idea. He's too slow to need to catch off guard, know what I mean?
Yeah that's true, disregard what I said about glide tossing then.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I watched the first match and was impressed. I didn't see any glaring flaws that needed to be improved upon, just a few minor things that don't really need to be touched on aside from a few random d-smashes in the beginning that I didn't understand.
Yeah your ZSS was pretty good, needs a bit of refinement on connecting moves but thats just playing, also that huge amount of d-smash's confused me. Also try out f-air a bit more, if your not going for kills at the moment it kicks ***.

As for your item game tossing one of them up is often a good idea.

Adapt

Smash Lord
You play really aggressively the entire match, to the point of running right into his attacks. Mix it up a bit, don't dash right in every couple times and do something different. For example instead of running right in, run up and down-B over the top of him, or stop dead (just outside of ftilt range) before plunging in again.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
I think you're probably better than I am (OK, definitely! :D) but I'd still like to offer some constructive criticism if you'll have it.

You were really controlling the field with your aggressive playstyle and that is great. It's fun to watch and effective. However toward the end of the second match, Afro started to figure you out. Your approaches were no longer surprising. I have a feeling that if you played him right after that match a second time, he'd have beaten you pretty badly.

You need to find a way to mix up your approaches. Nice DI, great use of FAir. I wouldn't use the FSmash like you did though. The only time I would ever use the FSmash is when I'm -positive- it will hit fully charged when the opposition is a 150%+ lightweight and the gun part of the whip connects (i.e., you've just broken Jigglypuff's shield and she's at 152%).

Still, nice job ZSS. Looking forward to more video.

Top Bottom