• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my ZSS

zero5

Smash Cadet
my vids are in my sig..

i'm jus looking for some constructive criticism and some tips from the pros here..

:)

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
Man, you're one heck of a ZSS player!

Awesome videos, I like your playing style. Lots of great combos and a wide range of moves was the perfect formula for nice wins, especially the match against Marth. On one of the ones VS. Kirby, I noticed that he/she managed to get a couple cheap kills against you. I'm glad that you won, because that player sure didn't deserve the win.

Keep up the great battles!

gameboii

Smash Cadet
My style wit Zamus is completely different, so i cant really cant offer many tips or advice. XP

you got the win so good job.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Honestly, your friend needs to learn how to DI, and how to airdodge. You also need to learn how to short hop consistently. If you spend so much time above the ground, your opponent will be able to get under you and punish. Short hopped Plasma Whip gives you aerial mobility, but they don't expose you.

Also, try to be more variable in your approach. Don't do the same thing three times in a row. Do three different things, then do something else twice.

I say all of this only after seeing you face the Marth, so realize that this is just my first impression. Keep it up, though.

zero5

Smash Cadet
Honestly, your friend needs to learn how to DI, and how to airdodge. You also need to learn how to short hop consistently. If you spend so much time above the ground, your opponent will be able to get under you and punish. Short hopped Plasma Whip gives you aerial mobility, but they don't expose you.

Also, try to be more variable in your approach. Don't do the same thing three times in a row. Do three different things, then do something else twice.

I say all of this only after seeing you face the Marth, so realize that this is just my first impression. Keep it up, though.
thank's for the feedback ph00tbag..

i was actually trying more ways to approach today.. but sadly i don't have any videos of it.. is there a thread on here talking about ZSS approach?.. if not then we should start one

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Woah, my internet sucked last night.

I think there was a post about approaching with Zamus a fair while ago. Generally, you do alright. Dsmash is a good combo starter, and you use that. Plasma Whip is good for spacing, and you use that. Paralyzer combines those two effects, and you use that. Dash Attack has good priority and a long-lasting hitbox, and you use that. You can also try an aerial approach with aerials from behind.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
You friend should have been seriously punishing your missed grabs. Try not to use it unless they're paralyzed or recovering from a move. Also, you should be utilizing the platforms much more. One of ZSS' greatest perks is that she can punish people above her with her up-smash/special. One more thing, try not to use your down-special as a recovery move if you don't have to, especially on a level like Battlefield. First off, if you're hit back off the stage without it, you'll need that extra boost to get back towards the stage when you don't have any jumps left. Second, platform stages kill your mobility and recovery with down-special because of the landing lag if you touch the ground during the kick animation.

zero5

Smash Cadet
finally i'm back.. sorry for the late response guys i was on vacation.. LOL.. funny thing is that i brought my Wii with me.. :psycho: haha but on my trip i found out that a spamming Wolf really diminishes Zamus' moves.. they spam their lazers at me.. and if i get too close they use their broken fsmash or their dsmash which gets hella anoying.. lol.. i dunno.. maybe its just me.. any tips?

alright, on with the responses

Woah, my internet sucked last night.

I think there was a post about approaching with Zamus a fair while ago. Generally, you do alright. Dsmash is a good combo starter, and you use that. Plasma Whip is good for spacing, and you use that. Paralyzer combines those two effects, and you use that. Dash Attack has good priority and a long-lasting hitbox, and you use that. You can also try an aerial approach with aerials from behind.
ok i'll go search for that post.. i don't remember seeing it the last time i searched.. i'll also try some aerial approach you mentioned..

You friend should have been seriously punishing your missed grabs. Try not to use it unless they're paralyzed or recovering from a move. Also, you should be utilizing the platforms much more. One of ZSS' greatest perks is that she can punish people above her with her up-smash/special. One more thing, try not to use your down-special as a recovery move if you don't have to, especially on a level like Battlefield. First off, if you're hit back off the stage without it, you'll need that extra boost to get back towards the stage when you don't have any jumps left. Second, platform stages kill your mobility and recovery with down-special because of the landing lag if you touch the ground during the kick animation.
ty for your criticism/tips DeliciousCake.. i actually did notice the lag due to Zamus' grab (got used to playing DDD too much).. and i am curently working on that.. and yes i found out that grabbing them is best used out of a paralyzer shot.. i am quickly learning how to utilize my usmash/special too.. and i did notice the lag i get after i use a down special to recover.. i personaly thought it was best to use that to recover rather than a tether.. i will definetly work on that..

IMO need more side b. Approach with it, space with it, kill with it.
lol this was my general strategy but it didn't seem to work after a while..

Bouse

Smash Ace
If you space your down tilt right you can generally get out of grab range. Zero Suit has long legs, if you utilize it right she's really annoying. Also doing a reverse aerial rush works out quite nicely if they tend to base a lot of attacks on an aerial approach.

zero5

Smash Cadet
If you space your down tilt right you can generally get out of grab range. Zero Suit has long legs, if you utilize it right she's really annoying. Also doing a reverse aerial rush works out quite nicely if they tend to base a lot of attacks on an aerial approach.
thanks for the feedback.. i'm definetly working on some reverse aerial rush as an approach..

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
lol this was my general strategy but it didn't seem to work after a while..
Plasma Whip is one of those moves you can use whenever your opponent is just bordering on its range. Keep using it. It won't connect everytime, but it is awesome at pressuring your opponent from behind.

zero5

Smash Cadet
Plasma Whip is one of those moves you can use whenever your opponent is just bordering on its range. Keep using it. It won't connect everytime, but it is awesome at pressuring your opponent from behind.
ic.. yeah that's what i just figured out.. i'm using it more of a pressure move rather than a general strategy..

Top Bottom