• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Zamus

Smeh

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm new on Smash Boards, so I don't know if this topic belongs here or not, but I'll try to give you a few pointers.

First off, you should try to become more proficient with the armor pieces. Your enemy can use your own armor against you, so you have to be better at using it than them (learn how to predict when they're going to throw and air dodge to catch, more wave dash combos, etc...). You use the pistol a lot with neutral b, but rarely use her down smash. It may be because you were playing meta knight that you didn't use it (speed of attack versus speed of character), but if timed correctly, it can deal a lot of damage. If you had more non-meta knight battles, that would make it easier to figure out what you need to work on and whatnot as meta knight kinda makes things... tricky at best.

On a side note, is the "Josh" Lucas in the crew Phoenix Alpha?

noradseven

Smash Lord
All of you need to be more defensive and block, and it seemed like both of you were making a bunch of bad decisions, like neutral B after MK had started a tornado, no don't do this. You were the typical ZSS player I run into way to risky and goes for stun way more than they need to, read the handbook thread I made if you get some time it should help.

I haven't seen a single one of these threads that didn't say better work on armor pieces.. blah blah blah, (s)he can learn that later at best armor pieces will net you 1 kill and that is very unlikely, getting the rest of your game down solid is much more important.

Aero2021

Smash Rookie
thanks for the help....and i dont realy no the kid i just no that both the fox and lucas play melee

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I didn't think you were bad, but you're very predictable with your down b, and your laser to grab thing was really obvious too. You use dair too much, as in maybe use it once per match at most unless you're recovering from high up.

You need to use more utilt and uair imo, those moves are very good against MK, and anyone else really.

Other than that, watch your opponent when you're playing, not yourself. You should be able to see your character periferally, keep your attention on your opponent so you can pick up on their habits and playstyle better. I need to work on this myself, but this is what separates the button mashers from the top 8 in tournies.

Smeh

Smash Cadet
I didn't mean to use the armor so much to kill other people but to keep yourself from being killed by your own armor.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I didn't think you were bad, but you're very predictable with your down b, and your laser to grab thing was really obvious too. You use dair too much, as in maybe use it once per match at most unless you're recovering from high up.

You need to use more utilt and uair imo, those moves are very good against MK, and anyone else really.

Other than that, watch your opponent when you're playing, not yourself. You should be able to see your character periferally, keep your attention on your opponent so you can pick up on their habits and playstyle better. I need to work on this myself, but this is what separates the button mashers from the top 8 in tournies.
You said it better than me, because of the huge buffering time, you don't need to watch yourself for timing clues on links, yeah. Its not hard to predict 60-70% of even common tourney goers after a round or two, and I lost my first smash boards tourney cause my my opponent in the 5th round got to see my rounds 2-4, >:( tournament host, made me play 4 rounds in a row, and he studied my playing style. In other words my first 2 lives were his for the picking.

Top Bottom