• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Wolf

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many holes in your playstyle. Your use of Fsmash, Utilt was too automated, and it left you very punishable, a person that knows the Wolf matchup would be able to punish you VERY easily. Though, I have to admit, this reminds me of my Wolf at least...oh jeez, a month and a half ago? Haha, a lot can happen during that time frame I suppose.

Though one thing I need to mention: Your playstyle is too automated, Bair Fsmash, Fair Utilt, Bair Utilt, AVOID at all costs the "Automatic" combos. Believe it or not, these followups leave you PUNISHABLE. And these followups are very predictable =/ Before you do any move you should be considering "Is it safe to use this move? Is he shielding/grabbing/spotdodging? Would it be wiser to just retreat and make use of blaster spacing or Bair to put extra pressure on him?" That sort of thing, because what you're literally doing is just mindless combos (They might have thought in them, I'm just going off of what I saw).

To Summarize: Play smart, play safe, space well, know all the options you and your opponent have at any given time, and AVOID AUTOMATIC FOLLOW UPS.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Not too bad, but I'd have to agree with Arc, you leave yourself open very often and you are a bit predictable. Just keep practicing! You'll get there eventually.

ScruffyBarker

Smash Rookie
I spied an illusion cancel in there. Good application for it, actually. You make good use of your tricks, but... your spacing is rather poor and you tend to use FSmash at very inappropriate times. A lot of the times you get caught could be avoided with just a little better spacing or negated with a shine. I suggest you incorporate Nair+Shine+??? combos into your play style every now and again. (??? is DSmash at 45% and FSmash at more than that) By every now and again I mean maybe... once every life. It should help a little with predictability.

alejo_

Smash Rookie
besides what has been stated above. I think you need to use your shine more. SHFF>shine its very good.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Yeah I second what Scruffy said about your application of different techniques. Good usage, but just know the difference between using them wisely and being too predictable.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you incorporate Nair+Shine+??? combos into your play style every now and again.
no, these moves do not combo. It's punishable. Don't incorporate this into your play style. None of the best Wolf players use this ever, which should be enough to tell us that we shouldn't either.

Anyway, it's true you used fsmash and uptilt in some places where you shouldn't have and either got punished for it or should have. Also, you should use down throw over forward throw basically always. It just does more damage. Overall I think you're pretty decent, you know the few important tech skills involved in playing Wolf and make good use of Bair. I'd like to see you against a better player, I don't think that Bowser was very good--he didn't really use his good OOS options and he really shouldn't have gotten hit by that spike.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I saw a lot of dair. For recovery, use bair, it's better than dair. Not a bad wolf, just a few little things to brush up on (such as everything in ArcPoint's post). A little bit too much autopilot, but that's something that can be fixed. Nice use of ATs, but I saw you use boost smashing twice in a few seconds, and then never again in the match. Basically, think a bit more, you should apply what you know to the match instead of just do things when they pop into your mind (unless the latter works all the time, then just go with that).

Top Bottom