• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my unbeateable uber team (just updated) !!!

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
First I'll tell you guys a little about myself. I have gotten every single Pokemon game released, except for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. So on my game i have caught every single Pokemon (yes even Lugia and Ho-Oh) except for Celebi and Mew and all those new Pokemon coming to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. So I've composed the best team out them. See what you think.

I have two teams: the first team is the strongest and contains uber Pokemon. The second team is also very strong but is only used if the Pokemon in the first team cannot be used. See what you think.

Team One:

Ho-Oh - Quick Claw
Sacred Fire, Calm Mind, Thunder, Recover

Lugia - Leftovers
Aeroblast, Psychic, Ice Beam, Calm Mind

Slaking - Choice Band
Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Brick Break

Kyogre - Leftovers
Surf, Thunder, Ice Beam, Calm Mind

Groudon - Leftovers
Earthquake, Overheat, Ancientpower, Swords Dance

Rayquaza - Leftovers
Dragon Dance, Extremespeed, Aerial Ace, Earthquake

Second Team

Heracross - Salac Berry
Megahorn, Endure, Reversal, Earthquake

Mewtwo - Choice Band
Selfdestruct, Psychic, Recover, Flamethrower

Alakazam - Brightpowder
Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Protect

Lapras - Leftovers
Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Protect

Dragonite - Leftovers
Dragon Dance, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Brick Break

Latios - Soul Dew
Psychic, Dragon Claw, Thunder, Protect

I modified my team just now and can you give some tips for me now?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Right off the bat, get more leftovers.

Leftovers > Shell Bell in terms of recovery.

Also White Herb Sucks, switching pokemon has the exact same effect. Slap on some Leftovers or a choice band on that Groudon.

Your movesets need some work. They all seem to be compirsed of mixed sweepers, which isn't very good in terms of diversity, and allows to get walled easily by some Pokemon.

Edit: Mewtwo works MUCH better for the explosion strategy. Since he's way faster at exploding than Snorlax.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Snorlax is better at the explosion strategy than Mewtwo because he'll do much more damage than Mewtwo can due to his high attack and type advantage. And it doesn't matter if Mewtwo is faster than Snorlax because Snorlax can take a lot of damage due to his high HP and Selfdestruct at the end of the turn any way.
And when when was the last time Mewtwo use Selfdestruct or Explosion, i didn't know that he could do that.

Also, isn't having more than one of the same item on one Pokemon banned?

So what other adjustment could i make for my team?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Snorlax is better at the explosion strategy than Mewtwo because he'll do much more damage than Mewtwo can due to his high attack and type advantage. And when could Mewtwo use Selfdestruct or Explosion, i didn't know that.

Also, isn't having more than one of the same item on one Pokemon banned?

So what other adjustment could i make for my team?
Item clause (one one type of items at a time) is only in effect for wierd Ingame battle stuff.

Link Battles has no such clause, so most people don't use it. If you wish to use Item clause though, replace random leftovers with brightpowers and scope lenses.

Mewtwo is better since he's much faster, and his attack is just as high as Snorlax's. You don't have to worry about doing extremedamage with explosion since it already does enough to KO pretty much anything in one hit bar steels and ghosts.

The thing about Snorlax is since he's so slow, if some one attacks your heracross with say aerial ace, and so this endure is activated, there is a 50% chance of Snorlax's explosion killing Heracross too.

Mewtwo can learn selfdestruct, but you need Pokemon XD. If you don't have that, Gengar is the next best thing. His attack may be low, but he'll still do good damage with a Choice Band.

If you don't like Genagar, you can use Metagross. He's slow, but not as Slow as Snorlax, plus he has MASSIVE attack.

For your second set, get rid of all Thunder attacks and replace them with Thunderbolt. Without rain, thunder practically never hits and is really not worth it at all.

Your team needs more Calm Minding/Swords dancing and the like. You have a few dragon dancers, but they aren't particularly threatning. Mainly for the reason that while you use Dragon Dance, a single Ice Beam will KO your Dragon.

Give Kyogre Calm Mind + Thunder (rain + thunder = good) + Surf (Water Spout become really weak as soon as you get hit even once) + Ice Beam
That set it really powerful if played right. Since Kyogre has no physical weaknesses, use Calm Mind to buff up his Specials making him extremely difficult to kill.

IMO replace Hydro Pumps with Surfs, as 80% acc isn't to bad, but it isn't good either.

Edit: BTW, Mew's were give out at Toy's R Uses a while ago.

And have you caught even Jirachi and Deoxys?

Would you consider trading me Deoxys if you have one? ^^ (Once Diamond and Peral come out)

vince41090

Smash Rookie
Get a Polywrath that knows:

[Item: Quick Claw]
Mind Reader
Fissure
Surf
*Insert Useful TM Here* (Or Hypnosis)

This Polywrath can one shot anyone with the (Hypnosis - Your choice to use this first or not)/MindReader/Fissure Combo. With the Quick Claw he gets first move a lot, so you're not really losing a turn to do MindReader.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Get a Polywrath that knows:

[Item: Quick Claw]
Mind Reader
Fissure
Surf
*Insert Useful TM Here* (Or Hypnosis)

This Polywrath can one shot anyone with the (Hypnosis - Your choice to use this first or not)/MindReader/Fissure Combo. With the Quick Claw he gets first move a lot, so you're not really losing a turn to do MindReader.
That combo is Gay and doesn't really fit in any team :o

But seriously, without mean look, your opponent can switch after you use mind reader, canceling it's effect.

If you really want to use such a combo... get a smergle with Spore, Lock On, Sheer Cold, Mean Look.

vince41090

Smash Rookie
That combo is Gay and doesn't really fit in any team :o

But seriously, without mean look, your opponent can switch after you use mind reader, canceling it's effect.

If you really want to use such a combo... get a smergle with Spore, Lock On, Sheer Cold, Mean Look.
I use it as my first pokemon in my lineup and when playing people who don't expect that, it works every single time. And if they switch out, I can too. It's just a matter of whether or not the person you're battling knows that Polywrath has that combo.

Samochan

Smash Master
I use it as my first pokemon in my lineup and when playing people who don't expect that, it works every single time. And if they switch out, I can too. It's just a matter of whether or not the person you're battling knows that Polywrath has that combo.
Anyone worth to consider to be a good player knows about that combo and much, much more, though OHKO attacks are generaly frowned upon since it takes no skill to kill off your opponent with one hit. >_> And as soon as you do mind reader, they'll switch to something that'll either ohko poli, is immune, has sturdy or has sub, or if the pkmn in front has sub, they'll do the sub and have free turn after that. Many teams also have a heal beller/aromatherapist and with hypnosis, bliss will surely come to wall and awaken others, then run away and switch to mence. >_> As a starter, Poli will get killed by the likes of Salamence, Kaburaisu, Jolteon, Raikou and others. Plus quick claw is hax item anyway and depends on luck, not player's skill.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Half the starters in a 2v2 carry Protect. The other half don't because they are either a 1) ghost, or 2) levitater. Sacred Fire and Aeroblast aren't bad choices, but in the uber metagame, where half the pokemon have Pressure, they run out quite quickly. Earthquake and Aerial Ace on Ho-oh is unnecessary as in ubers nothing sent in to counter Ho-oh will be dented too much by either. Thunder or Solarbeam is plausible, as both weather legends tend to like ruining Ho-oh's fun. Solarbeam is way too situational though, as it's unusable without sunlight. Replace EQ/AA with Recover/Calm Mind. Same with Lugia. Focus on one spectrum of attack and get Recover. Hyper Beam is a no. On anything. Hyper Beam completely renders you immobile during your next turn, which is very different from Truant, which only prevents you from attacking. Brick Break's use is very limited in ubers, where a majority of the Pokemon are either Flying, Psychic, or both. Only use is to take out Blissey and ttar. Kyogre needs to lose Water Spout for Surf and needs Calm Mind. You'll still get 100% walled by Shedinja, but then again, so do half of the other ubers. For Groudon, Solarbeam = no. Solarbeam + Overheat = more no. That set = watch Lati@s freely set up on you then proceed to sweeping your team. Rayquaza's okay except that Dragon Dance and ES are kind of redundant, but I guess it catches Deoxys by surprise. Too tired for second team. =(

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo can learn selfdestruct, but you need Pokemon XD.

Edit: BTW, Mew's were give out at Toy's R Uses a while ago.

And have you caught even Jirachi and Deoxys?

Would you consider trading me Deoxys if you have one? ^^ (Once Diamond and Peral come out)
Yes i do have Pokemon XD and i've taught my Mewtwo selfdestruct.
I can't get Mew, Celebi or Deoxys because i live in Australia.
Yes I do have a Jirachi from Pokemon Channel on Gamecube.

Also, I modified my team and for Lugia should i replace Aeroblast for Recover. And for Groudon, what should i replace Overheat and Solarbeam for?

Please help!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'd keep overheat, but most would probably disagree. Trade Solarbeam for Swords Dance. Sweep, man, sweep!

All I have to say is, "Where's da' Dunsparse?"

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Take out one of the 3 attacking moves on Lugia for Recover. Psychic gets STAB, but is resisted by a lot of the ubers. Ice Beam doesn't benefit from Lugia's typing, but it effectively stops Lati@s from walling you. Aeroblast is insanely powerful, gets STAB, and has a godly crit rate... at the cost of having 8 PP in a world of things that carry Pressure X_x. In ubers, a majority of the Pokemon are special based, working off of Calm Mind, so Aeroblast might mess things up for them, especially with a crit. Your preference, really.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Some old lady in a cave in agate village after you beat the game.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
They ARE proper pokemon. Legendaries actually take the longest to level up or else they wouldn't be uber pokemon, won't they?

Anyway, what other tips can you give about my team. Should Groundon trade in Solarbeam for Swords Dance.
And should what other items can i use in one of those battles where they don't allow you to have more than one pokemon holding the same item.?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Mirage, may I make a suggestion for your second team. This pertains to Alakazam. First, for this to work your Alakazam has to have the special ability Synchronize and not Inner Focus. Second, give your Alakazam a Lum Berry so that if a pokemon tries to poison, immoblize, or put you to sleep that it will backfire in there face. Also, replace Protect with Reflect or Light Screen.

Top Bottom