• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Uber PKMN's

darkshy

Smash Ace

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
You didn't make good use of bullet seed and you should have left squirtle in to get KOd instead of put ivy out at 130% since he's the main KOer DDer poke, also zard should always stay out till tired or KOd since he's the hardest of the 3 to ko. Oh and you grabbed way too much.

Other than that though it was good , nice dodging .

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
Tone down on the grabbing just a bit. I usually keep the pogey in and rarely switch, especially at high percentages. Use Ivy's specials some more. Bullet Seed is awesome and Vine Whip can actually hurt quite a bit sweetspotted. And Razor Leaf spam is always cool.

slave1

Smash Lord
first match
you first life great. i agree actually with what you did. switching to ivy. he can take alot more than a tired squirt. you should have kept charzard out though instead of switching to your squirtle. your squirt is by far the best out of your three and you sould have let charzard(mushu) to rack up damage. so when he dies you have a fresh squirt. you suck at up airs with ivy but that is ok. you do it too early. this is like shine spiking it is all about some insane timing and patience

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
first match
you first life great. i agree actually with what you did. switching to ivy. he can take alot more than a tired squirt. you should have kept charzard out though instead of switching to your squirtle. your squirt is by far the best out of your three and you sould have let charzard(mushu) to rack up damage. so when he dies you have a fresh squirt. you suck at up airs with ivy but that is ok. you do it too early. this is like shine spiking it is all about some insane timing and patience
Watch that again , squirtle wasn't tired when he switched to ivi and it's never good to switch to anythign if you're at 130%.

Medic

Smash Cadet
I think in your first match, your Squirtle was too grabby, and left itself open too many times.
I would also like to compliment SODA's great counterplaying in the first match. Very nice use of Lucas. Your Ivysaur had several times that it could have hit with a critical bullet seed, and the grabs may have made more sense from Ivy than Squirtle.
Your Charizard, in the first match, while I must compliment your use of Fly, is still needing a bit of work. Your technique is nice, but you leave yourself open a lot.
Your second match showed improvement in your characters, although I do wish to warn you not to try to return with Withdraw- you CAN be knocked away to your death, even if withdraw can cancel.
Your Ivysaur needs a bit of work, although the poisonpowder was nice. Again, the bullet seed and the throws would improve it.
Your Charizard this time was very much improved, but left huge holes in its defenses. If Lucas was slightly better, I feel you probably would have lost the match quicker.
However, amazing comeback.
I'd also like to compliment SODA's improvement, which is visible in this match.
Third match, you started off with Squirtle...again, and I noticed you tried to recover with Withdraw...a bad move for recovery. Solid damaging with Squirtle, although you got greedy in the end.
Ivysaur got better...but more predictable. Might want to try mixing up your moves some.
Your Charizard was barely out save for a cameo kill. I think that Charizard, while slower than your opponent, still could have gotten some nice hits in before retreating.
That said, very good playing all three times to both you and SODA.

Medic

Smash Cadet
So I decided to watch your Marth vs. PKMN as well, and I think I see what some of the things you could improve on.
1. Ivysaur needs to be MUCH less predictable. Every time Marth came down, your poisonpowdered. It stopped being a surprise, and Marth got hit by fewer and fewer. Also, the concept of Diminishing returns hurts your powder, so use it sparingly. Try mixing things up, like I said before.
2. Squirtle is good, but you have to watch that withdraw. CS nearly took you with that withdraw. Try not to be grabby and more sporadic. Make it so no one knows what you are doing with Squirtle.
3. Charizard's up and down throws pale in comparison to his side throws. Those work wonders. Also, try jabs and fire breath. Rock smash is nice, but it can be dodged away from. And people learn. And diminishing returns applies here as well. Also, you need to work on Charizard's defense. You've shown that you can do several advanced techniques, so I think a bit more agility could be shown in your Charizard. Also, have confidence in Char, he can do a good job against a LOT of people.
That said, very good playing.
And my compliments to SODA's Marth. Wonderful Marthing, but she does need to learn counter. The first death on Pokemon Stadium could have been easily avoided if she had countered the really predictable poisonpowder. In fact, practically all the poisonpowder deaths could have been avoided that way. Still, amazing skill. I hope SODA keeps in it, cos I think SODA and you both have potential.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
To be honest, you and SODA were quite decent. You grab too much and do not use Bullet Seed. Since you use it rarely anyway, I suggest you pull it out as a surprise attack sometime.

SODA's Lucas is good although she overshoots her target sometimes. Plus, I will commend her for having the first non camping Pit in Brawl :chuckle: (Although there is nothing wrong with using it).

Top Bottom