• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my team

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
UU Team.

Edited. Switched around EVs a little and replaced Missy with Vileplume and Octillery with Blastoise.

Persian (F) @ Leftovers ** I Eat Delcattys
Trait: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Return
- Substitute

Solrock @ Leftovers ** iShine
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 160 Def / 16 Spd / 56 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers ** TMNT
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 40 Spd / 68 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

Vileplume (F) @ Leftovers ** iStink
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 78 HP / 180 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Band ** Barney
Trait: Poison Point
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers ** GettingSleepy
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

Persian's for annoyance. Fastest sleeper in the game (not counting Chlorophyll cheaters). Plays kinda like opener Milotic. Except obviously for the fact that it gets OHKOed by anything and everything. Lol. Sleep, sub on switch, and hit whatever comes in with move. Woot. Yea, the team is wallish, especially for UU's hit-til-dead metagame, but eh. Lol. Shadow Ball weak reduced by taking out Missy, and switching around Solrock's EVs for defensive play. Hypno has Reflect.

D

Deleted member

pretty impressive, makes me miss Persian from RBY =/ don't want to give a # rating cause in the higher numbers it gets very hard to point.

You should rename Hypno as David Blaine lol. between wish, insomnia, and the fact the hypno naturally has a weird mustache and some hypnosis toy it's just too fitting to ignore.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'll Rate the team one by one then give an overall rating.

- Hypnosis
- Screech
- Slash
- Substitute
6/10
Anything ghost, rock , steel or anything with high defenses could cause trouble for this pokemon, against a ghost type ,it'll get crushed unless you switch and Hypnosis has a 60% chance of hitting so, replace it with Shadow Ball and replace Slash with Body Slam so you can paralyze pokemon with high defenses (such as Aggron and Shuckle) and hammer at them until they fall.If you keep slash, give it a Scope lens.

EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def / 16 Spd
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball
9.9/10
A perfect moveset and a perfect nature for Solrock , an attacker but beware of
high-defensed pokemon.

Octillery (M) @ Leftovers ** 2Sexy4U
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Rock Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
10/10
With its attack and spattack the same that's an awsome moveset.

Misdreavus (F) @ Leftovers ** Strip Dancer
EVs: 82 Def / 252 Spd / 176 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
8/10
Destiny Bond and Pain Split don't really fit together I mean, they're both perfect when in a pinch but they one of them won't be used for the battle.Pain Split can be used for Pokemon with high HP when you're about to faint or any pokemon with higher HP for that matter and Destiny Bond is taking a chance of not causing a full amount of damage.If you keep either one,replace the other attack with Shadow Ball/Aerial Ace/Calm Mind but I really suggest Toxic to give it advantage with Pain Split.Also, Give it a Quick Claw.

- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
PERFECT SWEEPER:10/10!!!!!!!!!

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
9/10
All you need is Psychic/Fire Punch for Reflect because a Heracross,Nidoking or any pokemon that knows Brick Break could easily create an opening in its defense and and hit it with anything Attk besides fighting moves and could cause massive damage , even fainting.Give it a Ganlon Berry, Brightpowder or a Focus Band.

Overall: 8.6/10
-Persian Set You Back A Lot But Don't Get Rid of it, Just Change The Moveset so Pokemon That Resist Can Be Taken Down Otherwise The Team Will Be Dragged down By It.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
pretty good team. i would ditch persian and octillery for something better though. persian should know shadow ball to crush ghost types. octillery is okay except for its nature. i would go with the nature modest(+sp.atk,-atk) and possibly teach it ice beam to obliterate dragons.

D

Deleted member

it's UU, what ghost types would those be? Same @ the dragons and ice beam.

You can't counter pokemon you won't fight.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
- Hypnosis
- Screech
- Slash
- Substitute

replace slash with return (or body slam but that would conflict with hypnosis). This isn't RBY. Slash's "high critical rate" (read: 25%) isn't enough to warrant usage and return's base power with STAB is ridiculous. Screech is useless without spikes most of the time since they will usually switch out. Replace with shadow ball/HP ground or fighting or Fake out if you need a QAer.

- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball

I prefer the CB version or make this thing more defensive because it's your only normal resistance aside from missy who can't take many other hits anyway.

- Rock Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

ok i guess

- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt

lol isn't dbond +pain split a bit repetitive? One move kinda heals you and the other is for when you die. i would try to fit sub or maybe even CM if you think it can take a hit (lol missy taking a hit)

- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Why do you have Jolly? All you outspeed is gligar and unless you have IB you aren't going to hurt it.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

cool but make it calm because you already have reflect and its a special wall

Persian gets walled by just about anything that resists, but it rips through a lot of things. It looks kinda risky on paper, and it is, but it pays really well.

until banette or possibly kanga comes in

The rest are kinda standard, except Octillery. Basically just twave things and hit them. Rock Blast is for the abundant SubPunchers in UU. A huge Shadow Ball weakness, yea, I realize. Basically, Persian takes out the physical sweepers that carry Shadow Ball as quickly as possible, which are probably going to be either Solrock, Nidoking, or Kangaskhan and the rest of the team just follows.

You mean CBers from which persian can't really take any other hits? Idk about you but if a persian switched into my CB shadow ball i would switch out instead of getting *****. Also alot more ppl use shadow ball than that, like most other normals, most other cbers (hp ghost) or lol azumarill (which i have used with some success in UU HP ghost/focus punch/101hp sub/sing with huge power its pretty crazy lol)

Banette causes some problems, especially if it predicts the Nidoking switch and WoWs it or Knocks Off the CB, but Banette isn't really common, so eh.

Another problem is that you only have like 1 CBer which can be a problem in UU since it's all speed and attacking for the most part.

Also CB solrock can mess you up pretty hard since like half your team is weak to shadow ball and if you are relying on persian for that it only takes one good prediction to take it down since it cant take much else.

Also youir average reversaler will mess you up since you dont have any quick attack/mach punch/fake out on this team. Also persian is really your only source of speed. UU is a more fast paced metagame and UU isn't made up of walls. You only need normal/flying/eq resistance and focus punch resistance for the most part.

Wrath`

Smash Master
- Hypnosis
- Screech
- Slash
- Substitute

Easialy defeted with a fast fighting type

- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball
Stelix can crush it.

- Rock Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
A fighting type with thunder punch will defet it.

- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
Good ol' crunch will put you down

- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
An earthquake or 2 will do

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
Crunch again

Well i could beat your whole team with my blaziken and tyranitar.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
@superryan

Yea, thanks, I changed Nidoking's nature to Adamant and switched out Octillery for Blastoise like, the day after I posted this XD. The octopus wasn't really helping too much, just slow things down, but it gets like OHKOed by nonSTABed tbolts from Missy =/ But lol my Octillery screwed up some subpunching Azumarills with Rock Blast =)

Easialy defeted with a fast fighting type

Fast fighting type is an oxymoron. Primeape comes closest and is still far off Persian's speed. Vital Spirit is kinda annoying for Hypnosis, but that just warrants a switch to Hypno.

Stelix can crush it.

No it can't. Steelix can either Toxic or Roar. Or... Iron Tail... Lol. Steelix's attack is average (horrid) and especially with a Reflect up, eh... And if you count in Iron Tail's accuracy =). It'll get EQed to death long before.

A fighting type with thunder punch will defet it.

You mean Hitmonchan with his awesome SpAtk? Blaziken won't OHKO with Thunderpunch and it'll get OHKOed by Surf. Medicham has no SpAtk. Without Calm Minds, it won't be doing anything.

Good ol' crunch will put you down

No it won't. Depending on who it comes from. If it's not Boah or Houndoom, Missy won't die. And if it is Boah, Missy's faster, so Boah dies with it and if it's Houndoom... do you think I'd keep Missy in against a Houndoom?

An earthquake or 2 will do

I have Levitaters for a reason.

Crunch again

Lol wtf? Hypno's a special wall for a reason. With Wish support, it won't die.

Well i could beat your whole team with my blaziken and tyranitar.

No you can't. Not with only those 2 at least. And last time I checked neither is allowed in UU.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Dont get mad because i could beat you now.
I could beat your team with two.Now here is the rest of my team:

Blaziken
Tyranitar
salamance
Rayquaza
mantine
mewtwo.
All at lv 100 exsept m2 who is at 96.

Your team is dead.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Lol I'm not mad or denying that a team like that would **** mine. No **** it would. However, I stated in the first post that this team is UU, so I fail to comprehend why you're even trying to compare a team with 2 ubers and 3 OUs to a team of 6 UUs. This is competitive battling, not in game, so do try to know what you're talking about. And I was merely stating facts. It is highly unlikely that you would be able to sweep the entire team with Blaziken and Tyranitar. And notice I made a thread to have my newly made UU team rated. Surprisingly, your comments of "my team would **** yours" don't actually contribute to making the team better and neither does acting like a 9 year old. Although both do serve as appropriate comic relief, so do continue =)

Wrath`

Smash Master
- the 2 ubers and rplace it with charzard and sceptile.

Your team isn't that good in my opinoin.And i also in rality if i could beat it SERIOUSLY with nlaze and ty.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I wasn't looking for that team to be worshiped. Actually, I'm looking for the opposite. Now would you like to point out where exactly the team has problems with the UU metagame? I don't plan on using this team out of UU so I couldn't care less how things like Blaziken and Tyranitar can sweep this team or how my team gets completely walled by a Blissey with Counter or HP [Grass] RestTalking Zapdos. http://www.smogon.com/rs/tiers. Look under "Underused" for the list of UU Pokemon.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
@superryan

Yea, thanks, I changed Nidoking's nature to Adamant and switched out Octillery for Blastoise like, the day after I posted this XD. The octopus wasn't really helping too much, just slow things down, but it gets like OHKOed by nonSTABed tbolts from Missy =/ But lol my Octillery screwed up some subpunching Azumarills with Rock Blast =)
the azumarill gods will rain fiery death upon you and your family. have a nice day. :( -ill touch on the changes when i get a chance outofdash. Ive always like to use octillery except when i used him for UU i always prefered to use other. I lost all my old teams unfortunatly but i remember 99% of the time using gligar on them.

koarin- what you are basically posting is the pokemon equivalent of saying "m2 is the best character because of down b" for smash. only multiple times stupider, or if you need a real world example, it's like saying Russia is a U.S. state.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
Persian - better normal attack
Solrock - needs Psychic
Blastoise - get rid of rest and sleep talk
Vileplume - replace Hidden Power wuth a grass attack
Nidoking - perfect
Hypno - needs Psychic

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Persian - better normal attack
Solrock - needs Psychic(It's SPattack is low)
Blastoise - get rid of rest and sleep talk(Yes)
Vileplume - replace Hidden Power wuth a grass attack(MMMM Good)
Nidoking - perfect
Hypno - needs Psychic ( No it Needs Shadow Ball)
All of them are good except for Blastoise

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I'd prefer to keep the Restalking set mainly because of Gligar problems. Solrock can wall Gligar, but not for long and it can't really hurt it back. I need Blastoise to be able to last long enough to Ice Beam Gligar. Also, non Stalking sets get owned by Toxic.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
- the 2 ubers and rplace it with charzard and sceptile.

Your team isn't that good in my opinoin.And i also in rality if i could beat it SERIOUSLY with nlaze and ty.
No wonder he joined in Jan 2007 and already 717 posts...

My team ***** yours... submit reply
Salamence + Charizard... submit reply

.............scrub

Outofdash, your UU team *****. I bet 5$ your Octi can take out his T-Tar and Blaze with two tentacles tied to his back.

Top Bottom